mabye 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
no 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 25

TiaTheDialga2005
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2015, 12:03 pm

Hi!
Since its the first weekend i have been on, i wanted to talk about one of my talents! :P
Im learning Japanese right now, and I'm very interested in Japan. :D

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 6:59 pm

i've watched Japanese anime since i was 11ish. and once i got older...i discovered some live action shows.
since then, i've picked up MANY words and some phrases. sadly though, i've had many false starts of trying to learn how to read and write and speak fluently.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

TiaTheDialga2005
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2015, 2:21 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
i've watched Japanese anime since i was 11ish. and once i got older...i discovered some live action shows.
since then, i've picked up MANY words and some phrases. sadly though, i've had many false starts of trying to learn how to read and write and speak fluently.

i find it hard to learn japanese because there are 3 types. i am learning hiragana, the basic japanese writing. :D

Scissor...me
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Mar 2015, 10:30 am

Does knowing how to count up to 5, being able to say hi, bye, and insulting someone in Japanese count? Cuz that's all I can do ;) welcome to wp by the way

Sarah xx

woman84
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2015, 12:14 am

This is my special interest. I've been studying the japanese language for about seven years and I love anything to do with japan. I really do enjoy learning it. Have you learned the Hiragana? Are you using a textbook?

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 May 2015, 7:14 am

I love Japanese. I first became interested when I was 11. I studied it in college and I have an MA in Japanese history. Speaking is a little hard because I am a little slow at processing but I like reading and translating (which is most of what I do as a historian). I'm about to head to Japan to study Classical Japanese intensively in Kyoto. I also study kambun (Classical Japanese written as Classical Chinese). I hope to someday be a professor of Japanese history; I'm particularly interested in gender studies and the Heian era.

blessedbethyname
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Dec 2015, 1:09 am

I am have been studying Japanese on my own for about 6 years now. I passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Test level N1 after self-studying for 5 years. I am still not fluent but have improved tremendously since living in Japan for the past three months. I love the Japanese language but have much to learn. If you have any questions, please ask. Thank you!

六年間、日本語を独学で勉強しています。五年間独学して後で一級の日本語能力試験を合格しました。今はペラペラでないですが、それでも三か月の間日本で住んでから日本語が早く上達しました。日本語が好きです。しかし、沢山まだ習う事があります。質問あれば聞いてください。よろしくお願いたします。

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 10:26 am

I know a fair amount of Japanese from watching Anime.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Plushtrap04
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Feb 2016, 12:51 pm

Yes I am interested in learning japanese but I have not started yet. :D

ashbabies
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Feb 2016, 10:54 pm

I have been learning it for a couple months! I study it in college and I might major in it. For some reason it comes naturally to me and is a lot easier than all of my other college classes. My favorite part is that I apply what I learned to talk to japanese girls my age online. They practice their english and I practice my japanese. I love it so I'm just continuing with it.♡♡♡

FriendlyHougen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2016, 10:04 pm

I'm thinking of taking Japanese classes in my sophomore year, which is next year! :D

MidnightLupin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Mar 2016, 12:21 am

I took Japanese for three years in high school. And I'm still learning the language, but not regularly. I like aspects of Japanese culture, but after learning about some of the finer details of the pressure they put on teens and how they treat people with mental problems, or LGBT people I'm glad I don't live there.

I do however like Japanese music a lot. I like a lot of their obscure indies stuff.

PeachCastella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2016, 2:11 pm

yeah, i see myself working as an outsider artist in Hokkaido when i'm 19. i have spent dozens of dollars on japanese language books from Barnes and Noble (look in the foreign languages section near the maps section and you''l find em') and other places. it's my favorite country :heart: and they have lots of rice :heart: