Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 1:21 am

Totally fractal, as are rivers. It's self-similar at different scales. I could replicate it with an algorithm.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 2:11 am

AspE wrote:
Totally fractal, as are rivers. It's self-similar at different scales. I could replicate it with an algorithm.

pls do :D

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 2:34 am

It's already been done, here are a variety of methods:
http://gamma.cs.unc.edu/FAST_LIGHTNING/ ... g_2007.pdf

slave
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 1:20 am

AspE wrote:
It's already been done, here are a variety of methods:
http://gamma.cs.unc.edu/FAST_LIGHTNING/ ... g_2007.pdf

thanks!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 3:01 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I am working on this tedious project at the moment and it's so repetitious I can't help but think of fractals

i get that same impression when i look at maps, or work on my own. from county lines to city boundaries, districts, blocks to alleyways. smaller divisions and fragments.

what kind of project?

It's an afghan stitch project using Tunisian crochet and two hundred stitches on one of those afghan hooks. It's a lot of going back and forth with yarn into each little stitch over and over but I like the effect. It looks a lot like knitting only it's much easier and involves a crochet hook instead of knitting needles, which I think take more deftness. Once it's done it will be really warm. I am hoping I will have enough rows to make a nice throw for winter. It's going to take several thousand stitches for it to ever be completed. So yes it will seem like infinite numbers of stitches. So far I have something like 25 rows of them.