Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 9:23 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
First off, the vast majority of Asian-Americans support affirmation action (about 3/4 based on some of the figures I've come across) so if his views minimize discrimination against Asians then what does that say about yours?

This came up in California recently with bill SCA-5, (called by critics the "Skin Discrimination Act") a California affirmative action bill to let California colleges use race as an admission factor. Created to reduce the number of Asians and open up spots for non-Asians.

Asians make up only 5% of the Californa population, yet make up 40-60% of the student bodies of the UC campuses.

It was later killed after Asian groups cried that it is racist towards Asians, and Asian members of the California state congress apologized for intially going along with it.

Common sense should tell that if 3/4 of Asians actually supported it then it would not have been killed. Where do you get your information from ?

Quote:
I don't know who made you the ambassador of Asian people but when you point a finger at someone else you have three pointed right back at you. Nothing is more minimizing than speaking for an entire population to serve your own agenda.

I did not speak for an entire goup. I only cited evidence of racial discrimination. I only need to cite an istance of it occuring to some of a group.

So you support racial discrimination ?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 9:29 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Asians make up only 5% of the Californa population,

Common sense should tell that if 3/4 of Asians actually supported it then it would not have been killed.

Actually, 3/4 of only 5% of the population could not generally be expected to determine the outcome of a bill.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 9:34 pm

starkid wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Asians make up only 5% of the Californa population,

Common sense should tell that if 3/4 of Asians actually supported it then it would not have been killed.

Actually, 3/4 of only 5% of the population could not generally be expected to determine the outcome of a bill.

True.

However, it had already passed, and was only killed after the few Asian congress people pleaded to have it killed because of the backlash from the Asian groups.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 10:40 pm

When other people of my religion stop being homophobic I'll let you know.

I'm addicted to this song!! !

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2015, 1:00 am

Even better version hehe!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList