Hopefully this time the police don't get a slap on the wrist

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2015, 11:12 pm

There was that woman who drove erratically near the Whitehouse (Washington DC) and her car was sprayed with bullets from security personnel. She died fairly quickly. Apparently she was having a bad day...

It also doesn't bode well if you are elderly and lose control of your vehicle...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 4:33 am

Dillogic wrote:
The distinction between malum prohibitum (illegal because it's word, like drug use laws, which aren't inherently evil) and malum in se (an evil act itself) would need to be adhered to there.

Criminal scum being people that do evil acts. Lighting up a joint isn't evil (nor is growing, or even dealing), whereas stealing a car and knowingly putting lives at risk due to dangerous driving is evil. Whether that requires a death penalty is up for people to decide, but I wouldn't lose sleep over that person dying in the act.

It is still unclear if the car was actually stolen or if it was a case of one of the passengers or driver taking out their parents car while not allowed to or something like that and unclear if dangerous driving even took place, and from the way this article says the story doesn't add up seems like the cops where more liable to put people at risk by opening fire at a far distance from the vehicle(which the autopsy implies) what if someone got up early to walk their dog or take their trash out and had gotten hit by a stray bullet?

Also from various witness accounts and such it sounds like the car was parked at the time of the shooting...no one reports revving engines or a car speeding towards anything before shots where fired. I mean hell if someone steals a car or is driving a car that looks enough like a stolen one to raise police suspicion I certainly would not want them to abide by the shoot from very far away, think later policy around here. They could kill peoples pets or anyone who steps out for a smoke especially if its dark out that way...sounds at the very least they where very careless, not sure that is a job where people can afford to be careless about how they operate.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 12:27 pm

I think the police public relations "fix" is in high gear. All over the news now I'm seeing stories about how "this" wonderful cop got killed or hurt because they weren't "careful" enough (meaning they didn't "shoot first and.........etc.). The gov. and right wing rags will bury it all soon......again. :x

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 12:39 pm

This wasn't an isolated incident. Anyone who is interested in this kind of news reporting should look to Photography Is Not A Crime http://photographyisnotacrime.com/ , Cop Watch http://www.copwatch.com/AAAindex.html and Cop Block http://www.copblock.org/ .

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 10:56 pm

This kind of thing isn't uncommon. I've read several stories where the autopsy reports were ignored by authorities. There was one in particular that I am trying to remember the name of... the cops claimed that the man in police custody had committed suicide, but the autopsy revealed that that it could not have been suicide, only murder. Additionally, beyond the autopsy the footage from the cell had a "corrupted" section that coincidentally was when the "suicide" happened. The man was in custody, but had not yet been charged of a crime.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 10:58 pm

This kind of thing isn't uncommon. I've read several stories where the autopsy reports were ignored by authorities. There was one in particular that I am trying to remember the name of... the cops claimed that the man in police custody had committed suicide, but the autopsy revealed that that it could not have been suicide, only murder. Additionally, beyond the autopsy the footage from the cell had a "corrupted" section that coincidentally was when the "suicide" happened. The man was in custody, but had not yet been charged of a crime.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x