Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 83 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 91  Next

KoalaKid1578
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2017, 7:32 pm

Hi I'm Mike, and well...about me's have never been a particular strength of mine. I've had anxiety/depression issues essentially my whole life and am just currently figuring out what in the world I really want out of life. It has taken a long time to fully accept myself for who I am. Whenever I was younger I longed to be popular, one of the funny kids, and wanted nothing more than to be a social butterfly. However, here I am, at the age of 27, and the same social awkwardness persists and incredible desire to simply be by myself away from people. Not too say that I don't have friends. I do have some very close online friends that I've met through the years and a couple of friends in real life that I see sparingly. I've noticed that that is essentially all I can handle and I'm finally okay with that. I love having the free time after work, or on a day off to really dig into my hobbies and absolutely love having time to myself. I love being able to dig into game design analysis videos, watching Twitch or Youtube, and just relaxing on my own terms. I love being able to go to places on my own and not have to worry about judgement from other people. I'm slowly coming to terms with who I am as a person, and realizing that it doesn't matter how different that is from other people. Also, koalas are awesome! :D

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 1:15 pm

Hallo! My name is Tristan, I am 16 years old, a male American with half German and Mexican in family roots, and I have mild autism and also have ADHD.

I am kind of shy when talking to others both online and in real life, but I am also kind, respectful, intelligent.

I was diagnosed at an early age, maybe at around 1-2 years old. I learned about what autism was in 5th grade when my mom told me about it.

My interests / obsessions are: The 70s, 80s and 90s, 70s, 80s and 90s electronic / 70s, 80s and 90s non-electronic music, anything that is vintage, Sailor Moon, history, music history and documentaries, Daft Punk, drawing, video games, flea markets, research on female objectification, and Germany / the German language.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on November 1, 2017)

diggity
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Nov 2017, 10:24 pm

My name is Marcus, I've been told i'm quite handsome, although i still don't believe it.
I can be stubborn and i hold onto my pride, but i don't hold a grudge.
I do my best to listen to both sides of a story, but that doesn't mean I can't be biased.
My main focus is on building and maintaining relationships and being socially acceptable/amicable and has been since roughly the age of 8~ (I was shown a video of one of my sensory outbursts and that was the turning point in my journey with autism) this has left me with few hobbies of a physical nature, as focusing on forming coping mechanisms and developing proper expression of my emotions has allowed me to become more interested in philosophies, ideals and concepts..
I have a scary/straight face but that's only because I don't show much emotion to strangers/acquaintances.
I have been doing my best to learn how to show empathy to others, which has always been one of my biggest struggles.
I lie to protect others, never myself.
My main goal on this website is to be someone that others can turn to for objective advice on any matter/issue, whether it be internal (mental), external (social) or both.
I engage in activities (listening to music, playing video games, etc.) either by myself or with my friends to relieve myself of anxiety/stress, or to simply take my mind off of my most recent woes

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 7:52 pm

I used to build towers of LEGO to the ceiling as a kid.
I like hamburgers.
Winter is my favourite time because I get to dress like a lumberjack.

elmeister
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Nov 2017, 6:50 pm

Hello
My name's Lee, I'm Kenyan by birth, work & live in Denver Colorado. I do software development for a living. I have a penchant for caribbean music (reggae, dancehall, soca) and djing.
I'm a classical liberal and an advocate of what it represents, i.e. rugged individualism, capitalism, laissez faire, limited government and sound money. My idea of a romantic story is that of the parvenu.
I love my noise cancelling headphones, the 'popular times' google maps feature, and psychedelics.

Glenn1
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Dec 2017, 12:27 am

Myself Gracy is a dedicated and qualified nutritionist with over six years of experience in the Indian food industry. I has earned a MSc degree in Human Nutrition at Chinmaya degree College (BHEL) in Haridwar, Uttarakhand.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 7:43 pm

I am now vegan. I have adopted my avatar as my surrogate elder brother.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 2:03 pm

Hello. My name starts with an S and ends with an A. I'm not comfortable giving out my first name. I am 24 and female. My hobbies include playing video games, reading manga and exercise.

I play a huge variety of video games. I enjoy Pokemon, Darkstalkers, Disgaea, Street Fighter, Tekken, Crash Bandicoot, Soul Calibur, Heroes of Might and Magic, Littletbigplanet, Style Savvy, Mega Man, Dance Dance Revolution, Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone, Metroid, Nintendogs, Bayonetta, Onechanbara Z2 Chaos, Kirby, Silent Hill, Persona 4 Arena, Dead or Alive Last Round, Final Fantasy Tactics and many, many more.

I also love anime. Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, Black Butler, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Highschool of the Dead, Princess Jellyfish, Ouran High School Host Club, Monster Musume, Puella Madoka Magica, Fruits Basket and Hetalia are my favorites. I read manga too.

I love fashion and makeup. My favorite stores are Rue21, Hot Topic, Rainbow Shops and T.J. Maxx.

Other than that, I'm pretty easygoing. I am a low maintenance kind of girl because I don't expect diamonds and $500.00 being spent on only one pair of shoes out of a friendship.

I can't have children due to a very personal medical reason but I love ball pythons who are just as fun as children. :D

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Last edited by xxZeromancerlovexx on 15 Feb 2018, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 2:59 pm

Just read any of my posts , I only talk about myself :)

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2018, 12:27 pm

To start i was diagnosed 9 years ago by my therapist, i have Asperger's syndrome .
Im 5'9
Brown eyes
Blk hair
Average build

To start im a term coined in japan called otomen.
Otomen (from urban dictionary) (only place got it right)
A term for a guy with femine pursuits, skills,hobbies or lifestyle. Often these men are mistaken as being gay. They are heterosexual (straight). If there is a similar word SNAG or metrosexual maybe close.

Otomen are sensitive, emotional types prone to being needy and demanding.

Otomen have a love to cook, clean, sew, craft, etc. Normally polite, loyal, honest, shy and not mechanically inclined. Otomen are more timid and sensitive than most, and so relationships are hard for them. Otomen are fun, happy persons with, good hygiene, and his clothes are neat. Otomen are reserved and silent.

Roles are reversed as Otomen are one to be rescued not the rescuers. Otomen are types wanting to be held than to hold. Otomen wan to be asked out rather than ask out. Otomen are fearful of horror films and try not to go near conflict. Otomen are usually more sensative to there partners needs both emotionally and physically. Otomen can often have submissive personalities and are often used n abused.

I'm a vintage kinda guy (When I can). I listen to music as old as the 1920s to as new as last year. Love the 50, the 60s, ratpack, the crooners, the old school vocal jazz (the great American song book), swing, and new jazz. I love to relax to old radio. I play older generation video games, I ride a vintage bicycle. I watch tv and movies old old as in silent to as new as what's in the theaters. Not a huge horror fan mind u but any other film I'll see. I dance old school (swing). I make old school style dishes .

I'm considered a emotional type, my friends say I'm so caring it's over powering. My friends say I'm a born therapist able to talk people through anything.

As I've mentioned I'm whimsical. I Look for the best in all (yes a little too trusting.) Some say i live in fantasy. Im not one to say bad about another. Oddly im one to question anything i see. I love to learn new things and I learn quickly.

My goals are to become a real chef. A real culinary whiz like my coworkers. My passion is cooking. Good food can bridge families and bring people together. A good cook can turn bad tasting ingredients into great meals. A good cook can make allot out of little. I love to see the smiles of people after there meal.

My other goal is to get over my social awkwardness.

If you're into movies, tv, and anime. I'm a Movie and anime buff. I will watch or try anything at least once. Twice if I like it

Im agnostic, im very very solid on this point. I believe there higher power. Who it is .... is up for debate. Could be a god, a goddess, just one or multiple. Could be budda, ahli, his self or a roving spaghetti monster.

I see a regular therapist once a week and we chat alot. I live in california and work by day as a cook. I live a quiet life and meet with not only a support group. But a group of only aspergers for lunch each week.

"Im search of answers, new marvels, and new questions to ask."

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 11:33 pm

I'm an aspie and I like to play bass, date men and women but mostly men, smoke, drink vodka with Pepsi or fruit juices, lager, cold water, tea and the occasional coffee. I like to play video games, mostly 90s and 00s console classics, some via emulators on my PC. I also like to watch TV shows and movies via streaming services. I'm also a bit of an oddball who is both kinda sporty and kinda nerdy, and I love dogs and cats and most animals in general, despite being an unashamed meat eater. I'm also an avid supporter of Liverpool FC. I love music in a big way, all kinds but mostly Alt Rock, Punk and Dance music (Old Skool, Trance, Techno, Happy Hardcore). I hope to one day have a successful music career as a bassist in an Alt Rock band.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 6:50 pm

The dirtiest trick ever played on me was played by my own mother when she named me. I grew to hate the name and changed it in 1981. My name is not a 'ridiculous' name as such but I don't like it and it doesn't suit me. I won't be revealing it, not even for a meeting with a certain musician.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 11:56 am

I thought I was gay for the longest time. It turns out that I'm attracted to hippies. I thought that love was all over for me when I graduated from college in the June of 1994, or more like the May of 1994 when some tool turned on me.

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 9:58 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I thought I was gay for the longest time. It turns out that I'm attracted to hippies. I thought that love was all over for me when I graduated from college in the June of 1994, or more like the May of 1994 when some tool turned on me.

So you are attracted to hippies regardless of gender?

Elektromagnetische Koning
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2018, 7:12 pm

I live in America and am currently 15 years old. I like video games, drawing, running, singing, and want to start being able to dance efficiently.

Riverrapids1998
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Mar 2018, 8:16 pm

Hi! I'm River.
Yes, that's my actual first name. I wasn't named after River Phoenix either, I don't understand why anyone would name their kid after that guy. There's a River that runs through the smoky mountains in Tennessee that I was named after, and it fits well because my only hobby is being on top of a mountain somewhere. I live a very adventurous life, I'm just a typical southern boy with a nonconformist outlook on things. I guess my circumstances with my past and growing up with the typical struggles of Asperger's drove me there. I drive an old Toyota truck and hike everywhere, occasionally accompanied with my cattle dog when I want company, and I work in a local grocery store. I hope to be a wildland firefighter, though it's a very over stimulating career, and I'm currently working on volunteering with my county's fire department and getting in shape so I can get there before I go to school, and I hope to go into forestry someday or keep following the firefighting path. Wherever God takes me, I guess. In my spare time and rainy days I often just sit around and listen to music or obsess over petty things like world war two or I may write in a journal about a past love or something dramatic, I love writing. I have but a few friends, I tried forcing myself out in the world once and gained many social skills, but find that people are generally unreliable and could care less to try to understand a "quirky" type if they aren't themselves. And, at the end of the day, I'm still as awkward and socially hopeless as I was to begin with. It's hard to find people who'll call you often to check on you, even. Though, I'm thankful for who I do have to reach out to. I'm just hoping to do something big and be happy in a place where man has long forgotten is one of solitude and shelter, and maybe help a few along the way.