Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 87 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91  Next

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 5:16 pm

Starlit_Mind wrote:
Hello,

I'm a Canadian from a very small place on an island. I grew up in a religious town where the teachers and parents didn't enjoy my natural proclivity to question the validity of the bible (or anything else), but I would escape their judgement by writing fiction. I got past that and I'm on the completely other side of the country. I play some guitar and piano, swimming has been an interest of mine since forever, and philosophy is my new love. I never gave up on writing though, and I've been dedicating time every week for the past 3 months to the book I've been mulling over the past 4 years. I'm married to a nice fellow who's also atypical (of the ADHD persuasion).

I've been through a lot of trauma therapy as a result of an abusive childhood, but it has granted me the skill of being much more resilient to emotional tension, and I think a more developed understanding for what it may be like to struggle emotionally and cognitively in a difficult situation.

Being it's the first time in my life that I haven't felt as though there's anything terrible I have to run away from, I can bend all my motivation towards what I want in life. It's a new chapter, I'm just figuring it out, and I'm over-the-moon-excited for what's next.

It sounds like you're finally being rewarded for all your hard work. Enjoy it! :mrgreen: (<That's me, green with envy).

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 5:18 pm

Chummy wrote:
Alita wrote:
Chummy wrote:
Don't think I posted here but if I did it was surely over 8 years ago so people change

I'm Chummy, my personally goes by my name.. My appearance is avg in every parameter. brown eyes,short dark brown hair, white, wearing glasses mostly, avg height (180cm/5 feet) I am relatively thin but I do keep a routine of casually exercising mostly push ups sit ups etc. So I am not skeleton looking but normal, with thin muscles. So again, bog standard appearance

I live alone by myself. I have an extremely clean and tidy apartment but I'm not OCD at all lol. Work as a piano teacher in a community music center and also as a musical instructor for an ensemble of people with special needs in another place, (two jobs atm, hopefully gonna commit to the first full time next year) because I'm also a student for MA in music technology and visual media. Hopefully it goes well. Nice to meet ya folks, read a lot about interesting people. I play Piano and Ukulele and am good at that. I like dogs, I speak 3 languages. I also have absolute hearing (perfect pitch)

btw I live in the desert and love it... Clean air. No pollution.

You speak 3 languages? :o

2 fluently, 1 decently but not natively fluent (can read and write in all though)
learning languages and learning music both require good logical thinking , so I guess if you add motivation to that factor it was relatively easy for me :P

Motivation is the key, I hear. Now you're inspiring me to get back into my French! haha

MamaFrankie, that's insane - 6 languages! You must work for the UN?! 8O

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 5:34 pm

You’re a very beautiful lady, Alita!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 9:34 am

I just love languages, Alita! 2 of them are my native languages anyway (Irish and English).

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 5:24 pm

MamaFrankie, when you say Irish, do you mean Celtic? (I thought Irish was English?)

Tim_Tex, what a lovely thing to say - thank you! :oops: :o :)

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 10:39 am

Irish is a language of its own, a form of Gaelic. Definitely not English! But is from the Celtic language family, the others being Scots Gaelic, Welsh, Cornish, Manx and Breton (spoken in Brittany).

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 4:56 pm

Alita wrote:
Chummy wrote:
Alita wrote:
Chummy wrote:
Don't think I posted here but if I did it was surely over 8 years ago so people change

I'm Chummy, my personally goes by my name.. My appearance is avg in every parameter. brown eyes,short dark brown hair, white, wearing glasses mostly, avg height (180cm/5 feet) I am relatively thin but I do keep a routine of casually exercising mostly push ups sit ups etc. So I am not skeleton looking but normal, with thin muscles. So again, bog standard appearance

I live alone by myself. I have an extremely clean and tidy apartment but I'm not OCD at all lol. Work as a piano teacher in a community music center and also as a musical instructor for an ensemble of people with special needs in another place, (two jobs atm, hopefully gonna commit to the first full time next year) because I'm also a student for MA in music technology and visual media. Hopefully it goes well. Nice to meet ya folks, read a lot about interesting people. I play Piano and Ukulele and am good at that. I like dogs, I speak 3 languages. I also have absolute hearing (perfect pitch)

2 fluently, 1 decently but not natively fluent (can read and write in all though)
learning languages and learning music both require good logical thinking , so I guess if you add motivation to that factor it was relatively easy for me :P

Motivation is the key, I hear. Now you're inspiring me to get back into my French! haha

100 years ago knowing 6 languages was the norm for a lot of people especially in europe I guess...

You should. Personally I am not a huge fan of French, I only like Spanish and Italian out of the Latin languages (exc. English which I already know) but have no motivation to learn because it's rare for someone here to speak those languages and that won't be useful for me anyway... so knowing just for the sake of it and never getting the chance to use is kinda a waste of time :P

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 5:23 pm

Chummy wrote:
Alita wrote:
Chummy wrote:
Alita wrote:
Chummy wrote:

100 years ago knowing 6 languages was the norm for a lot of people especially in europe I guess...

You should. Personally I am not a huge fan of French, I only like Spanish and Italian out of the Latin languages (exc. English which I already know) but have no motivation to learn because it's rare for someone here to speak those languages and that won't be useful for me anyway... so knowing just for the sake of it and never getting the chance to use is kinda a waste of time :P

Makes sense, although it's funny how languages make a resurgence. When I was studying Spanish at school, I thought I'd never use it because there were no Spanish people where I lived. Now, with the dominance of American and Latin American culture in the music and movie scene, more and more words, phrases, song lyrics, fashion, culture, etc are in Spanish, and it's infiltrating into the place where I live. I guess I should have stuck with it a little longer. :oops:

cherryglitter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2019, 5:00 pm

I'm Stephanie. I have Asperger's and I would like to think that I have a colorful personality. I'm passionate about writing fanfiction, TV shows, fantasy, mythology, fictional characters, fashion, beauty and makeup, music, etc. I have dreams of traveling to Greece, Italy and Australia one day. I love animals, especially cats but also some dogs, wolves, foxes, leopards and big cats, etc. I think volcanoes and geology are fascinating. I like learning about ancient history and other cultures, studying psychology and going places and weekend day trips. I cosplay Lydia Martin and Malia Tate from Teen Wolf for fun and I'm obsessed with that show. I grew up with it and it's brought me more joy in this world than anything, giving me something to look forward to and I role play on Tumblr daily as a hobby. I've done this for 5 years. I work in food service and I'm so sick to death of it, I've never been more depressed in my life and I want out. I haven't really had a taste of real life, I've always been overprotected and sheltered and I feel it's put me far behind socially. I live with my parents because I can barely afford to pay my cheap Metro PCS and monthly car insurance bills but I'm addicted to online shopping because I get high off the freedom of not having to ask for things I want. I hope I can move out. I like where I live, but I just want freedom and complete control of myself because all my life I've been subservient, pushed around and I'm tired of people telling me what to do. I have dyscalculia and I should have graduated from community college 5 years ago but I extended my time there because I couldn't pass the basic math classes needed for an Associate's of Art in English. I don't even want to major in English but got pressured into it. I want to study film, fashion and everything above I've expressed passion for. I've never dated or had a boyfriend and I'm a little scared of how late I am in my life. Half my youth has been wasted. I'm turning 25 next month. I'm lost and uncertain in my life.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2019, 5:16 pm

cherryglitter wrote:
I'm Stephanie. I have Asperger's and I would like to think that I have a colorful personality. I'm passionate about writing fanfiction, TV shows, fantasy, mythology, fictional characters, fashion, beauty and makeup, music, etc. I have dreams of traveling to Greece, Italy and Australia one day. I love animals, especially cats but also some dogs, wolves, foxes, leopards and big cats, etc. I think volcanoes and geology are fascinating. I like learning about ancient history and other cultures, studying psychology and going places and weekend day trips. I cosplay Lydia Martin and Malia Tate from Teen Wolf for fun and I'm obsessed with that show. I grew up with it and it's brought me more joy in this world than anything, giving me something to look forward to and I role play on Tumblr daily as a hobby. I've done this for 5 years. I work in food service and I'm so sick to death of it, I've never been more depressed in my life and I want out. I haven't really had a taste of real life, I've always been overprotected and sheltered and I feel it's put me far behind socially. I live with my parents because I can barely afford to pay my cheap Metro PCS and monthly car insurance bills but I'm addicted to online shopping because I get high off the freedom of not having to ask for things I want. I hope I can move out. I like where I live, but I just want freedom and complete control of myself because all my life I've been subservient, pushed around and I'm tired of people telling me what to do. I have dyscalculia and I should have graduated from community college 5 years ago but I extended my time there because I couldn't pass the basic math classes needed for an Associate's of Art in English. I don't even want to major in English but got pressured into it. I want to study film, fashion and everything above I've expressed passion for. I've never dated or had a boyfriend and I'm a little scared of how late I am in my life. Half my youth has been wasted. I'm turning 25 next month. I'm lost and uncertain in my life.

Something I would like to tell you. Do not worry about your age. Dating and marriage etc will come at the right time. Relax and enjoy your freedom that you have. Also, it is a blessing you have your parents to support you. Yes, I know you are eager to have your independence. :) It is natural. Something you may find an idea is to take the odd camping trip. It gets you a little independence now and then. You don't have to go too far. Just somewhere where you know is safe and people who you may know living nearby. Is just a thought. The great outdoors! :) As long as everyone knows where you are and that you are safe.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2019, 7:13 pm

Hi. I better say a little bit about myself.
I've had a loving upbringing. Had a Dad who is a person who gets on with anyone and is the same to everyone in that he welcomed you no matter what social background you came from (As long as you didn't try to put airs and graces on... Which he would wind you up a treat and you wouldn't know it! Gosh he had some humour!). He died at the end of 2007 in what I call my "Numb years" as during a few years we seemed to have so many people die on us. 6 days after my dad a neighbour died. 6 months after my grandmother. Somewhere in that time all my aunts and uncles died... In just those few years we went to 43 seperate funerals of family and friends and we stopped going as we couldn't face another funeral.
Prior to that I left the longsst job I have ever done and that is 9 years on the railways. Looking back I don't know how I did it. I was in sucn a state by the time I left though. I was physically so worn out and also unable to sleep etc. Having said that, it was a good job and I got to see many interesting people. It wasn't easy as I (And my Mum) have a little prosoprognosia (Faceblindness) with certain types of people so as I was a guard on the trains which involved collecting and issueing tickets, I would be concentrating on where people sat rather then what they looked like. It would throw me if people sat somewhere else. As long as everyone stayed put, or if someone moved seats I would know all was fine! Many times I tried to sell people two tickets for the same journey when they changed seats!
Most of my working life I have been working in various positions in the bicycle industry. So I am one of the very few people who can say that all my jobs except for one for a summer position (And another two temporary jobs I did just for a few days each) have been involved in some form associated with my two main lifelong hobbies. How many people can say that!
My hobbies are bicycles, cycles and cycling, and railways along with model railways etc. Both are big subjects especially on the railway side involving so many different aspects.
Since I passed my driving test when I was about 21 (I couldn't aford to pass any earlier) I have had many cars (Along with driving my Dads cars) along with two car type vans. I have had about 14 Volvos, 5 Citroens, 2 Audis, 3 Renaults (2 were my dads), 1 BMW, 1 Mercedes, 1Toyota 4WD people carrier, 1 Bedford camper, 3 Fords, 1 Vauxhall, 1 Reliant, 2 Fiats.. I can't remember any more at the moment.. Oh yes. My Mitsi... Is a lovely little Mitsubishi. It is quite lively. Has a Mercades diesel engine. It does very good mpg. Is just nice! :D
I forgot to talk about the rest of the family... I am easily sidetracked off at tangents. Yes. My dad was an excellent carpenter who really was looked up to in his trade. What he didn't know was probably not worth knowing. The only aspect he didn't do himself was wood carving. He had such a depth of knowledge of identifying wood and what wood to use where... What polishes and stains to use. He made his own polish. Once he blew himself up doing this when he got the mixture wrong. The back shed (His old workshop) still has blackened walls to this day! I remember him shaping and forming oak pieces to fit an old Morris 1000 traveller as it has some curved pieces round the wheelarches which needed replacing.
My Mum is very tallented. She is a walking encyclopedia or dictoonary! She is a writer. One of her books is in so much demand, secondhand prices are at silly levels if you can find one. There is talk of a reprint as the local council (Who printed the last book) has had so many people asking, and there is talk of using her book in schools as part of the curriculum... The only way is to have it reprinted.
I have two tallented brothers, one having 9 children.
Do I have asperges? I have no idea. If I have it my Mum has it too as though we are different in where our tallents are, we both think in similar ways, though she is more naturally social then I am. I tend to be one to hang back and watch.

TazCrystal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jun 2019, 5:44 pm

Hi, I'm Ricky or Richard. It depends on my mood. I like reading and writing. I especially like horror books and horror movies. I also like tattoos. I browse the internet looking at them. I have one. It is a snake with flowers. I have Autism, and ADHD, might also have a mood disorder. My favorite colors are blue and purple. My favorite food would have to be tacos. I like a variety of music that ranges from different decades and genres. My most favorite TV show is Twin Peaks. I also like old cartoons like looney tunes. I have a collection of converse because its sort of the only shoe that feels comfortable to me. I have a special edition pair that has looney tunes characters on it.

I like horseback riding as well as shooting hoops. I feel like horseback riding makes me feel more confident and social. I talk a lot more during it. I mostly like shooting hoops because I have a lot of energy that I need to get out. I can be sort of irritable and frustrated if I don't get to go outside and do something active. I also like going for walks.

I am attracted to girls and guys. My parents don't really understand to be honest. They believe that you can either be straight or gay. I have been in a few relationships this year. They have mostly been good except for my last boyfriend. He made me feel creeped out to be honest. He is older than me by 3 years. I also get tons of lectures on being careful while dating. My sister has a boyfriend and does not get these lectures. I am currently not very into dating but I am into making friends. Most of the people I have dated also have autism.

I don't live at home. I live in a semi independent type situation. I get a lot of assistance to be honest. I don't drive. I do all my own laundry though and I like washing dishes. I don't book my appointments for stuff. I'm working on being more independent though. I just have to work on some skills I guess. Sometimes it makes me feel embarrassed. People also don't understand how anxious I feel most days and think I am lazy for not having a job. I also have difficulties with keeping a job because of my seeming inability to follow instructions. It takes me too long to process it all. I also take a really long time to learn things. In school I had modifications because of that.

Most people don't take the time to know me that well. They sometimes assume I am stupid. I know a lot of things though. I just have a really hard time expressing myself verbally. I have good written communication skills though. I hate it when people try to get me to talk when I want to be quiet.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 6:00 pm

I'm 31, I live in Northern California.

JohnConnor
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2019, 4:19 am

My forum name is JohnConnor. I don't really want to give any other details concerning my true identity but I will say this. I'm in a true relationship and I'm struggling to keep it.

UgrozaVeka
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Aug 2019, 3:02 am

I'm getting angry with my girlfriend for every stupid thing that she does or sais. I don't love her anymore, I can't stand her. It was this caused by her or it's because of my character? Will this be the same with my next girlfriend? Maybe some tips to over that

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 12:22 pm

UgrozaVeka wrote:
I'm getting angry with my girlfriend for every stupid thing that she does or sais. I don't love her anymore, I can't stand her. It was this caused by her or it's because of my character? Will this be the same with my next girlfriend? Maybe some tips to over that

Every girl or lady is different. And don't feel bad. Let her down gently as it is no ones fault. Is just you find she is not for you. And only by dating her did you find this out. Enjoy many more dates to come. And maybe, if you have a friend suitable for the one you are not "Gelling" with, then send him her way. She may need time to recover first though.

BUT are you sure it is not a case that you two are deeply in love and are just having a dissagreement? Just mentioning it as it is a question for you to answer for yourself. Just incase you maybe a bit hasty in your thoughts.