Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 1 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 91  Next

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 9:55 pm

I'm Aaron. I have red hair and a pair of dark brown eyes. I'm both creative and logical thanks to my poorly linked brain hemispheres but when I get angry it pushes me into Borderline outbursts. I have cross dominant hands, this means one of my hands is prefered for some tasks and the other hand does a different set. (I hold eating utensils with my left hand and use scissors with my right) I play the violin, the guitar and the saxophone. I speak English, German, French and some ASL. The only sport I engage in is fishing. I have a massive collection of music from Enya and Louis Armstrong all the way to Slayer and Deicide. My father's of southern birth and as a consequence I have a mild drawl and some southern dressing particulars (I'm prone to wearing Stetson hats) I play video games whenever I'm not studying, playing an instrument, writing or fishing. (Mostly PC games)

Do the same as I did and speak of yourself for a bit.

Last edited by Flagg on 16 Mar 2007, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

16 Mar 2007, 10:02 pm

Hello, my name is Tim.

"Hiii Tim!"

I'm 16 years old and live in Wellington, New Zealand. I was diagnosed with AS at about the age of ten, but didn't fully realize it until about a year ago. I'm interested in various things, although I can go for days without getting an obsession. I've got a story called Outcast which I plan to publish as a book series and eventually make a set of movies on it. I'm in a love relationship with the user Starbuline and we love each other very much, and we met thanks to WP.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 10:10 pm

My name is Michelle. That's my middle name...only my family calls me by my first name(my first name is Casey).

I turn 17 in APril(NEXT MONTH!! !),and I'm a lesbian looking for a significant other. I live in Southern Mississippi,and I will attending a junior college this fall. I want to transfer to a major art college that will get me out of this hell hole. >.<;;

Anyways,my hobbies are: reading,writing,singing,drawing,painting,acting,exploring,role-playing,scrapbooking,using the computer,and listening to music.

-SpaceCase

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 10:29 pm

My name's Dan, I turned sixteen some months ago. I live on the New England coast, but am somewhat miraculously adept at pronouncing the letter "r" at the end of syllables. I had my AS diagnosis about eight years ago. I was born a straight Christian, I'm now a pansexual atheist. I like to write and draw, mostly for my own benefit. I like science fiction, trains, and orchestrated music.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 10:34 pm

Hello, my name is Tim

I am 27 years old, and I live in Deer Park, Texas--which is a suburb of Houston.

I was diagnosed with AS in 1996 at age 16, but I am borderline AS/NT. Prior to that, I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS in 1991 at age 11.

I have an associate's (2-year) degree in Geographic Information Systems from San Jacinto College, in Pasadena, Texas. I am currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in geology, and I will be going to either Midwestern State University*, UT El Paso, or Boise State University.

I am currently single and looking. I have been in two relationships in the past.

Socially and politically, I would be considered liberal.

My obsessions: Idaho, geology, architecture, art, electronics/gadgets, cars, foreign languages and cultures (specifically, Central Asia--the 'Stans), food, maps.

Favorite TV Shows: Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Monk, Ugly Betty, anything on Comedy Central (especially South Park), anything on Cartoon Network/Boomerang/Adult Swim

Favorite movies: Animal House, Caddyshack, the Airplane! movies, the Naked Gun movies, Road Trip, the National Lampoon movies, any Adam Sandler movie, and last but not least---BORAT!! !! ! (for those who don't know, Sacha Baron-Cohen, the guy who played Borat, is the cousin of Simon Baron-Cohen, the autism expert)

Favorite music: Anything but rap or country (ironic coming from a Texan lol)

Places I've been: In Texas: Galveston, Austin, San Antonio, Brenham, Huntsville, New Braunfels, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Corpus Christi

Out-of-State: San Francisco, Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Oklahoma, Key West, Kansas City, Branson (Missouri), Arkansas, Gulf Shores (Alabama), Minneapolis-St. Paul

International: Cozumel, Mexico

Where would I like to go in the future: Barcelona (Spain), Brasilia (Brazil), Seattle, the Spanish/French/Italian riviera, Mykonos (Greece), Maldives, any island in the Pacific, Rio de Janeiro, Iceland, any Island in the Caribbean

Dream car: Subaru B9 Tribeca

Any questions?

Tim

*Midwestern State University is located in Wichita Falls, Texas (population 102,000). Wichita Falls is 110 miles west of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and 150 miles southwest of Oklahoma City.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2007, 9:34 am

My first name is a German name derived from a group of Old Icelandic stories. (It begins with "E.")

I have nine cats (four indoor cats, five ferals) and a dog. My hobbies are reading, writing and listening to music of all kinds, from Classical to Classic Rock and Roll. I am currently fascinated by Roger Bannister, because he succeeded against the odds to achieve what was once considered impossible, breaking the four minute mile. He is also very intelligent, having become a physician. His entire life is fascinating to me.

My favorite animal is the cat, especially Siamese cats and particularly Lynx (tabby) points.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 2:57 am

lets see..
My nickname is actually one I have had for approximately 10 years...but my real name is olivia. Poopy Lungstuffing is my stage name, my pen name for the weird little comics I draw sometimesm and the name of my solo project where I play the ukulele and kazoo. I am sorta working on an album currently...I write tonsof songs but it is kinda hard for me to get them finished.

I have been obsessed with singing since I was little...I was always in choir when i was young, but I joined a band when i was 15 and have been singing in bands ever since(this does not at all mean I am the greatest singer in the world or anything)...but it is something that really managed to "socialize" me...the band that I joined when I was 15 I was in for 10 years..but now I am in a band (for the past 4 years..plus or minus) called Organ failure www.organfailure.org We actually charted in the top 10 in the Anchorage Alaska college radio station...and we get moderate radio play around the country on college and internet radio stations here and there...we are sorta "outsider" comedy folk music..hard to explain..you just have to see/hear us.

Anyway...I help run a venue with my boyfriend...called Super Happy Fun Land...(also the main instigator of the band) www.superhappyfunland.com
and
since 2001, I have made hundreds of sock creatures of all different shapes and sizes..
my website for those is
www.fluff.tv

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 3:42 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
and
since 2001, I have made hundreds of sock creatures of all different shapes and sizes..
my website for those is
www.fluff.tv

I love your sock creatures!! ! They are absolutely cute and delightful!!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 7:06 am

Errr.. My name is Fiona, and I have deep emotional wounds. (No, I do not want people to feel sorry for me. I don't care for pity. It is just some information and explanation.)
I live in New Zealand. My favourite cities are Wellington and Tauranga.
I love Plants and Animals, and care a lot about how they are treated.
I don't have much empathy for other people.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 7:30 am

This is an excellent thread. We can say what we like, as much or as little.

My name is Christina, and I live in Wales. I am Welsh/English, but not particularly nationalistic.
My obsessions which I love, animals especially cats, art and artists, crafts, literature and poetry. I would hate to be 'cured' of these because they make up who I am to a great extent.
I study Jung, which helps me to understand myself and other people, and has brought more meaning to my life.
I am socially quite inept at times, but still most days I enjoy talking with people, especially here at WP, where it is easier.
Politically I am a liberal, a feminist and, I hope, a humanitarian. I have a deep distrust of authority and I particularly dislike any form of snobbery, particularly intellectual snobbery.
I love comedy and I laugh a lot, especially at the strangeness of the world and myself.

Last edited by Starr on 18 Mar 2007, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

IamI
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2007, 7:57 am

Hello y'all,

My name is of no concern and, I am an alcoholic. It has been 10 years since my last dramatical sabbatical but that's typical I think.....
"I" before "e" eccept after "c" unless you live in australia when in that case it's reversed

any way here we go.....

In my attempt to find myself I have found that if you spend your time inundated in the concerns of others you are bound to find a perpetual void of emptiness in which any endeavor to fill will most likely be met with a loss of oneself. I have found that this loss of oneself leads to a fear of loss which in turn reflects a loss of acceptance. Only when when you achieve acceptance of yourself will you be accepted by others. Unacceptance of oneself weaves into the steel trap jaws of hatred towards others which strikes ones soul like double edged blades.
To look through the eyes of those whom you know not is to gain a better understanding of that which is and will be.

To force acknowledgement and understanding is to drive away that which is understood. Navigation of reflectiveness without utilization of chartered references directs to a loss of yourself and if you lose yourself from within the one person who can find you is the one who is lost with you.Unless another has your map.
I have invited some into my home and have blatantly insulted them after which I opened the door for them to leave, my friends are those who have stayed.

I wrote down all of the negative feelings I have towards myself crumpled it up and put it in a box then I wrote down all of the positive things about myself folded it and put it into another box. What I ended up with was a disorganized mess in one box and a neatly assembled
ensemble of joy in the other.

The greatest peeve I hold towards another lies within the one-sided, narrow-minded, uneducated views on normalcy. Which in turn only exacerbates the issues of perspective,communication and understanding. If one can find it in themselves to open their minds even if just a little they will see just how normal they really are and, will see how individuality is only a perceptive expressive rationalization of oneself.

I do have the ability to see social cues. However, for me it's like trying to read a book in which the words have no definition.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 10:11 pm

My name is Aaron. I'm an electrical engineering student at UW. I am a cat person. I am republican. It's somewhat difficult for me to remember everything about myself. I have two brothers who are significantly younger than I.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 10:20 pm

I'm Aaron,i'm 15 and i HATE barbarian bigoted NT conformist,while i love PSOT,Gaming,computers.

Not much else about me.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 11:31 pm

I think I'll talk some more.

I'm an atheist for various philosophical reasons. I hate it when other people tell each other how they have to live and try to make this already spiraling nation worse with more restrictions on personal liberty. I listen to everything from heavy metal to folk and jazz. I plan on getting PHD in philosophy from a good European University and applying for policital refuge status somewhere in Europe. I paint, write and play various instruments. I respect a good enemy just as much as a good friend.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 12:27 pm

Hello, everyone.

I am an economics student (so far) with an avid interest in Austrian economic theory, theoretical physics, and the two greatest shows on television: 24 and House MD. I am especially interested in the correlation between economics and non-linear dynamics (chaos theory), quantum theory, and string theory. The more mainstream (i.e. boring) economics classes I sit through, the more apparent it is to me that the current means of understanding markets is absurd, and the firm grip the established mainstream school of economics has on the world is pretty silly. I mean, people can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to stop thinking---which is what every single one of my economics professors (and most of the economists I've been reading) appear to have done.

I would consider myself agnostic, not atheistic, as the more I read about quantum mechanics, the more I realize that the probability of everything in the universe coming together in exactly the right way is so low that it is illogical to believe that everything is the result of chance. So I believe in God (or a higher power), but as far as belonging to a religion goes, I'm not the best candidate.

I love to read, just not romance or science fiction or fantasy---with a few exceptions. I love Ender's Game, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit. Other than that, I mostly stick to nonfiction.

I love to eat pepperoni pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches and KIX cereal. And drink chocolate milk.

I love to listen to classical music AND the Hamster Dance Song. I am going to teach myself the piano this summer and go to summer school rather than take a family vacation. My family says they'll miss me, but I know it's kind of lie since I do NOT travel well. I am looking forward to this summer, actually. I figure I'll have a math class in the mornings, and then just play the piano for eight hours a day seven days a week. It will be hard at first, but I've set my mind to it. I mean, it's not as if I have anything else to do. An obsession is an obsession, after all. :)

I just bought a PSP and I absolutely LOVE it. I have old SEGA games on it that I haven't played since I was a kid, and the nostalgia of my first gaming system is pretty nice. (And I still suck, but it's still fun!)

Oh, and I am a Mac fan; I will never own a different brand of computer or OS ever.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 6:51 pm

Rammu! I am Ashleigh, but I prefer to be called RedMage or Ashe as Starbuline now calls me. I'm fifteen, turning sixteen in May. I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, hence my user name. I used to be a fan of Nintendo, but I'm not now as I only own a DS Lite which I never use. I used to bea a huge fan of Metroid, but when I got Metroid Prime Hunters I started to dislike the series. I'm also a fan of The Legend of Zelda series, but I don't want to play Twilight Princess because I'm more into the childish Zelda games like Wind Waker. I also love the Star Fox series, especially the original game which I still find hard. I have over twenty favourite video game characters, and most of which are female.