Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 85 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 91  Next

teresa_mayhem_downing_street
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jun 2018, 5:45 pm

i'm shelley greenaway 28 YO heterosexual cisgender female . i'm "5'4" dark hair (dyed it black , naturally a brunette but going grey prematurely) green eyes. not skinny media ideal but not obese either just an average healthy build. passionate about taekwondo , sci fi, football, and videogames. currently unemployed but hoping for a work placement, ideally i want someone i can connect with on am emotional and intellectual level. not fussed about ethnic background (religion can be a bit of an issue) and is not a sociopath, psychopath,narcissist or Machiavellian and is not a control freak, just a nice laid back bloke really and no mindgames!

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jun 2018, 9:06 am

Something that bothers me to no end, is the way people react to me when they see me.

I'm a big dude, both overweight and fairly strong. Combine that with deep brown hair and a constant grim look, because of my pronounced brow ridge and you get a pretty imposing figure.

Sure, that's handy with martial arts or in a real world conflict.

But people tend to look at me, as if i'm ready to rip their skulls off. This only helps to fuel my already mental image of myself, as something other than human and more like an ogre. I know I dont look anywhere near as bad as that, but I can't help but feel more and more alienated.

Doesn't help with getting a girlfriend. Not that I'd know what to do with one if I ever got one.

Christ on a stick, I hate this... this uncertainty and feeling of being "other", but in my case that is more true, compared to most people... in a way. ugh =.=

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 11:15 am

no

:::)

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 5:50 pm

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
no

I respect that.

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 8:17 am

Tanker wrote:
Something that bothers me to no end, is the way people react to me when they see me.

I'm a big dude, both overweight and fairly strong. Combine that with deep brown hair and a constant grim look, because of my pronounced brow ridge and you get a pretty imposing figure.

But people tend to look at me, as if i'm ready to rip their skulls off. This only helps to fuel my already mental image of myself, as something other than human and more like an ogre. I know I dont look anywhere near as bad as that, but I can't help but feel more and more alienated.

Doesn't help with getting a girlfriend. Not that I'd know what to do with one if I ever got one.

Christ on a stick, I hate this... this uncertainty and feeling of being "other", but in my case that is more true, compared to most people... in a way. ugh =.=

Honestly, you sound like a teddy bear. I know how that feels, though.

I'm maybe 6'1, 220lbs, dark-skinned, bearded and have one of two expressions: thousand-yard stare with furrowed eyebrows or squinting eyes with furrowed eyebrows (sunlight is the devil and squinting prevents me from getting a headache from the brightness.) In addition to my unapproachable disposition, I have a baritone voice and I walk at a brisk pace, so I have a tendency to alarm some folks because I suddenly appear behind them and say "Excuse me." and all they see is this dark, brooding figure rapidly approaching them.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 10:39 am

Thousand yard stares can be sexy! I have a picture of my avatar looking really moody and doing just that. He's actually a very nice person apparently.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2018, 11:03 am

ExceladonCity wrote:
Tanker wrote:

Honestly, you sound like a teddy bear. I know how that feels, though.

I'm maybe 6'1, 220lbs, dark-skinned, bearded and have one of two expressions: thousand-yard stare with furrowed eyebrows or squinting eyes with furrowed eyebrows (sunlight is the devil and squinting prevents me from getting a headache from the brightness.) In addition to my unapproachable disposition, I have a baritone voice and I walk at a brisk pace, so I have a tendency to alarm some folks because I suddenly appear behind them and say "Excuse me." and all they see is this dark, brooding figure rapidly approaching them.

I am not a big guy but I totally relate to that. I have a deep voice and some sort of "mystical ninja aura" around me too. I try not to scare people, I approach them by the sideways, to no avail. And yes, most people act towards me as a creep, a recently escaped convict, a runaway public enemy or something along those lines.

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 8:43 pm

That's the first time I've ever heard of a thousand-yard stare being considered "sexy." I'll admit that they are cute, though. My avatar, Monmon (Koemon,) is adorable because of his thousand-yard stare.

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Aug 2018, 11:05 pm

Hi. I'm Khendra. I have brown hair and eyes. I'm a 33 year old female. I live in the United States (Missouri). I'm happily married to an NT husband. We have an adorable and affectionate cat named Mallory. We plan to have a child in the not-too-distant future. I'm a fairly conservative Christian while my husband is a fairly liberal non-theist, but we get along. I met him at a time when I wasn't in the faith. I work part-time. I've never lasted at a single job for more than a year due to my social incompetence, but I excelled academically at all levels, graduating cum laude with a degree in English in 2007. My hobbies include reading and writing, watching NBA basketball, collecting NBA basketball cards, high endurance and high intensity treadmill exercise, electronic music, word puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, the Super Mario Maker video game, and playing with the aforementioned Mallory cat. Husband and I enjoy going to restaurants, zoos, video arcades, parks, and Star Wars movies together. Besides autism, I also have type 1 diabetes. That's about it!

Babi dwr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Aug 2018, 6:17 pm

Hi, Ive decided to post here to maybe connect with similar aspies. I have been finding it really difficult to find a way to manage since being diagnosed late in life 2 yrs ago. I honestly feel like the rug has been pulled from under me, and its as if I cant reclaim my previous life and loves. Ive got problems such as anxiety over doing things I absolutely love - motorcycling is one of them, had bikes all my life and now I am scared to even think about getting a new one. Its a lonely place and Id just like to connect with some people to try and chat about shared interests and hobbies mainly to reignite my own interests. I'll list some of them and maybe get to chat with some of you. Thank you

Motorbikes and also mountain biking. Walking and hiking, love to chat about new places to go visit (Im uk based) I love classic cars, and Im interested in engineering, art, sculpture, pottery, design and any practical projects. I like talking about emotive stuff, psychology and analytical ideas. Love animals, gardening and well all sorts really.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 11:14 am

Animals and motorbikes. It doesn't get any better than this.

Benfold
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Aug 2018, 4:10 am

Love to date with different girls and spending time online.

Floratro
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Aug 2018, 5:10 pm

Hi, I'm Aryan (I'm named after an Iranian people, since my father is from Iran and my mum wanted me to have a Dutch name (Arjan is a common Dutch name)) and I speak Dutch, English (duh) and quite a bit of Spanish.

I'm not really looking for a romantic relationship, or at least not in the sense of a relationship where people have a lot of physical contact or call each other 'sweetheart' or whatever. Rather, I'm looking for someone to talk to, someone with whom I can feel safe. Nothing more. Just a friend, a close friend.

So I suppose I should write some more about myself.
I really love stargazing. A clear sky, dotted with a band of blue and white stars illuminating the dark of space, enclosing the earth, is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It's mystifying, motivating, in a sense. Lying on the grass looking up at the grandeur of the universe. If you ever get the chance, do go stargazing.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 5:41 pm

My real name is Grayson and I am 28 years old. I have black hair that is starting to speckle with shiny grey and I have hazel green/brown eyes. I have Irish and German ancestry on my Mom's side and Hawaiian, Filipino, and British on my Dad's side. I was born and raised in South Georgia so I talk with a southern accent but I despise rednecks and I don't like it when people assume I am a redneck just because of where I'm from. My favorite video games are survival horror and Asian sandbox games and my favorite movies are horror (especially classics) and comedy and my favorite TV show of all time is The Golden Girls. I am a homosexual but I have never dated or been in a relationship. I am also an atheist and pretty open about it. I have a diagnosis of both Asperger's Syndrome and Bipolar Disorder type 1 and I live with my Mom who helps take care of me and is my payee for my SSI checks. One thing I like doing is buying and collecting all sorts of things and decorating my bedroom with them. I like everything from pottery to geishas to mermaids to seashells to resin skulls to Victorian era stuff. Lately I have started working on losing weight after my gallbladder surgery and I have went from 250 pounds to 210 pounds but my goal is to get down to 180. My favorite foods are shrimp, crawdaddies, Chinese food, pepperoni pizza, and chocolate. I graduated high school but never went to college and because I am on disability I don't have a job but I have worked various part time jobs getting paid under the table like working at a dog grooming shop and a funeral home. I cannot drive so I often have to rely on my Mom for transportation. Also I have always wanted to travel and see the world and visit places like Hawaii and Japan.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 2:03 pm

I am asexual, speak 6 languages and hate the name I was given at birth with a passion.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2018, 12:30 pm

My name is as my profile. I have brown eyes, dark-auburn hair, about 165 cm tall. I'm working on losing weight after a long illness. I love dancing, writing and making chocolates, among other things. My favourite colour is gold, I love trees and the ocean, and I live alone and have always been single. I'm very happy to get to know everyone here. :)