Google launches a retail store! Come here to buy Androids...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 1:25 pm

Today Google has opened it's very first Google retail store in London, UK.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/03/11/ ... in-london/

Will it do better than the Microsoft, Sony, and Samsung stores?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 1:40 pm

Well, at least this will create safety-net jobs for all those CIA (and a lot of other intelligence agencies) recruits who wash out https://medium.com/@NafeezAhmed/how-the ... 36451a959e . :lol:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 10:31 pm

I can't wait to get kicked out for tire-kicking Fedora on their Chromebook Pixels...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 10:35 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Well, at least this will create safety-net jobs for all those CIA (and a lot of other intelligence agencies) recruits who wash out https://medium.com/@NafeezAhmed/how-the ... 36451a959e . :lol:

Feh... In-Q-Tel doesn't really scare me, I'm well aware of how much it should, I just consciously decided against letting immaterial means of oppression influence my decision making.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 9:35 am

cberg wrote:
Feh... In-Q-Tel doesn't really scare me, I'm well aware of how much it should, I just consciously decided against letting immaterial means of oppression influence my decision making.

Cool! In other words, your use of known data-mining spyware "normalizes" the spyware's results because you use it to do nothing illegal (giving the spies nothing for their trouble). I admire that. I try to do the same when I must. But, I also try to avoid rewarding such spyware with my dollars. It is a strange dance we do to maintain our privacy while trying to teach the spies that their work is useless.

Now, if we could just get Wrong Planet to stop its various ad-ware and analytic-ware so I can turn off my filters here. :wink:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)