Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2005, 7:35 pm

I've been weight-lifting for a long time, and I've gotten very muscular. I thought it would be a good thing, but it hasn't helped me! Girls will notice me and try to initiate a conversation with me, thinking I am an average jock-type that they go for. Of course, in less than a minute they know I'm weird and leave. And this doesn't help for the type of girl I like, because they think the jock-type is out of their range and so aren't interested in me.

The moral is... um, I dunno.

One good thing is now that I'm bigger than most guys, they have to respect me! HAHAAAAAAA I can be silent and still be respected by other males.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2005, 7:48 pm

The fact that you physically, and
eye contact wise are improving
yourself is good. Are you also
a computer person? That is sooo!
archtypical, but not always fact
for those in the autism spectrum.

Hmmmm?
Ghosthunter

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2005, 7:54 pm

Ghosthunter wrote:

Hmmmm?
Ghosthunter

I'm online all the time, but not really a computer person. I am, however, a music person.

I've read about how people with AS have obsessions... Can these change or are they life-long? I was obcessed with music then I started weight-lifting and for a while didn't do anything musical.

And I can't spell worth a crap!

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2005, 8:14 pm

Obsessions will mature as you do.
for example:

You!(Mr.Bodybuilder) will obsess
on a band, learn about the band
members, develop their music style.

Later find they are similar too...
such and such band, then you
further expand your music style.

And with each new obsession you
find different inspirations that NT's
wouldn't grasp(they couldn't see past
their car, or credit card), and soon

You amaze yourself and blossom into
YOUR music style... ect...

The point is yes maturity is more
self-evident in the autism scale.

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2005, 8:39 pm

lowfreq50 wrote:
Ghosthunter wrote:

Hmmmm?
Ghosthunter

I'm online all the time, but not really a computer person. I am, however, a music person.

I've read about how people with AS have obsessions... Can these change or are they life-long? I was obcessed with music then I started weight-lifting and for a while didn't do anything musical.

And I can't spell worth a crap!

Yeah obsessions can change and mature over life or switch and be new ones. I've gone through that a lot over almost 32 yrs of my life.

Don't give up. Sometimes it takes time before you may find someone that will accept you for you. It's not easy. Sometimes just girls feel intimidated by jock types/body builder types as they likely figure they would rather a woman that has an incredible physical appearance too. I think that is what stopped me a lot when I was younger from talking to some guys even if they did have an interest in me.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2005, 10:41 pm

You seem to be worrying too much about your looks. Looking buff well attract vain little who*es most of the time. If you enjoy that, then go ahead. I'm not dating, but I know plenty of girls who aren't obsessed with good looks. Just try to talk to a girl. Make them see that you're not obsessed with yourself or your appearance (jock stereotypes). Hope I helped. :D

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2005, 11:05 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
You seem to be worrying too much about your looks. Looking buff well attract vain little who*es most of the time. If you enjoy that, then go ahead. I'm not dating, but I know plenty of girls who aren't obsessed with good looks. Just try to talk to a girl. Make them see that you're not obsessed with yourself or your appearance (jock stereotypes). Hope I helped. :D

All that is true, but I really like weight-lifting and wouldn't want to give it up.