Page 7 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

krex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 3:32 pm

Lau wrote:
This may sound stupid, krex, but I have no idea what your avatar is. There seems to be a doll in there, at the left, but the rest of the image I don't follow...

... but I've just looked again, and I can now see puppies? I'm not sure hw many, as they sort of blur into what still looks like a doll (with a mouldy fried egg?).

Is it all on a park bench?

Maybe this is all just me. :)

It is a park bench and sitting on it are several puppies and an anima little girl(not sure who she is but she looks like she is happy).....not sure where the egg is?May look different on your computer then it does on mine,seems pretty clear,though small.

And your avatar...is that you?The guy kind of reminds me of a comidian,Goerge Carlon.I really like some of his humor...some what aspi.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 3:41 pm

We used to have more self-portraits, but now the trend seems to be random pics...

I always identified the posts with the pics, and was surprised when some would post a pic of their real self, and they seemed nothing like the tone of their posts, or their avatar ! !!

Mine is not me, but a bloke I greatly admire. I'd say who it is, but keeping it a secret irritates Tinky, and that's jolly fun ! !!

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 3:47 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
I always identified the posts with the pics, and was surprised when some would post a pic of their real self, and they seemed nothing like the tone of their posts, or their avatar ! !!

Looks like a pretty old pic - maybe early 1900's is my guess.

No idea who it is tho.

Last edited by janicka on 19 Mar 2007, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 3:48 pm

Tequila wrote:
Er... to an extent. I wouldn't know how to make an avatar that was more like me, so I'm stuck with this one, I guess.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 3:58 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
We used to have more self-portraits, but now the trend seems to be random pics...

Mine is not me, but a bloke I greatly admire. I'd say who it is, but keeping it a secret irritates Tinky, and that's jolly fun ! !!

I think I know who it is...but my lips are sealed :)

lau
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 4:03 pm

krex wrote:
....not sure where the egg is?...
Over on the left - size of a fried ostrich egg, I guess.
krex wrote:
And your avatar...is that you?The guy kind of reminds me of a comidian,Goerge Carlon.I really like some of his humor...some what aspi.
I look nothing like him! I've got far more hair! (Well... looking at his arrest picture on Wikipedia, he used to have hair.) The picture's a little old, but I haven't changed ('cept for glasses). It's a detail off my site. I might take another snap sometime.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Mar 2007, 4:20 pm

I have been looking for an avatar that best depicts my personality
and interests, a certain picture made by artist Carl Spitzweg (1808-1885)
"The Bookworm" would be a good avatar for me. My present avatar is
used by AlexanderTheSolitary and at least two other members.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 4:38 pm

Something like...Image?
(The joys of openclipart.)

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 4:42 pm

Starr wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

I think I know who it is...but my lips are sealed :)

Thanks Luv ! ! I needs a bit of secrecy, ya know ! !!