Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 8:08 pm

Usually i complain about the activities of the reactionary lobby but i hope this is an issue that all or at least most parts of the PPR political spectrum can unite around. Theres a notorious figure doing the rounds at the moment by the name of Keri Rivera who is promoting a group called 'CD autism'. (CD standing for Chlorine dioxide) This group propogates junk science about 'parasites' and 'worms' present in vaccinations being the cause of autism rather than the actual cause of congenital variations in brain structure. They have been taking advantage of desperate parents, by selling quack cures consisting of chemical enemas of this chlorine dioxide formula that they tell people to insert into their children. Anyone with medical credence will tell you this stuff is damaging to human health and does nothing to alter the symptoms of autism.

I won't be apartied to giving these scumbags extra traffic by providing a link, just wondered what other people thought though.

My deviant art profile

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 11:29 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Chlorine dioxide

Sounds like something Josef Mengele would do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Mengele

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 10:26 am

For once I agree with Thomas. I must be dreaming.....

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 10:31 am

I think they are setting themselves up for possible charges of medical malpractice, fraud, child endangerment, etc.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 10:34 am

Don't give those guys a link.

Give these guys a link.

https://www.facebook.com/fightingcd

It's a facebook group against them.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 1:17 pm

They're touting it not just as a treatment for Autism, but for every illness under the sun...

elysian1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2015, 1:21 pm

This is really loony tunes. However, there are people who will try anything even if it defies logic and science. :heart: :skull:

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 8:33 pm

A long long time ago, maybe 15 years ago, a couple in Sacramento sought to drive demons from their two daughters by bathing them in bleach, forcing them to sleep in bleach soaked bedding, and drinking bleach. When the younger daughter died, the body was chopped up, burned, and the ashes and cutting tools dumped in the Sacramento River. It wasn't until the older daughter complained to a teacher at her school about bleach burns that the couple were arrested. At trial, it was revealed that the couple felt that the girls were "vampire demons" who were trying to kill the Baby Jesus who was growing in the wife's womb. (She was not pregnant.) Ultimately, the couple was sentenced to life in prison.

Bleach as a cure for autism has been around for a while. The Facebook anti-bleach group says that a "church" is behind this, meaning some sort of cult. I have never heard of a cult that believes in this.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 8:39 pm

Just more Snake-Oil!

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 9:58 pm

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2015, 10:08 am

Janissy wrote:
Don't give those guys a link.

Give these guys a link.

https://www.facebook.com/fightingcd

It's a facebook group against them.
Just saw the picture of the s**t and blood from the severed intestinal lining. And they say we need to be cured :evil:.

thomas81 wrote:
Usually i complain about the activities of the reactionary lobby but i hope this is an issue that all or at least most parts of the PPR political spectrum can unite around.
I may be put off by your politics and your style of debating, but s**t like this makes me understand why you'd suggest separatism. I don't say this begrudgingly, I'm thankful you brought this to our attention.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2015, 1:46 pm

I think this is just entirely the wrong approach.

It should be luxury cruises and globetrotting that cure autism, it lets the food and air of exotic places cleanse the staleness of where they're from their chromosomes and stuff. If you're going to run from the acceptance of life situations at least make it pleasant!

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2015, 5:14 pm

Quote:
It should be luxury cruises and globetrotting that cure autism, it lets the food and air of exotic places cleanse the staleness of where they're from their chromosomes and stuff.

I feel certain this it true. Now to convince the insurance industry and get them to cover it!

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2015, 5:21 pm

I've heard about this irresolute "hypothesis" nearly two years ago, but it's pointless for the autism rights community to lobby the US Federal Government so they can deal with it by utilizing any methodological interventions in order to proscribe CD/MMS, because the biomedical militia will try any treatment (prohibition simply doesn't work) whether it's uncorroborated or not to significantly alleviate their child's symptomatic framework of autism. This would implicitly mean that families don't have to be financially burdened with re-distributive benefits or having to let their children endure themselves with counterproductive psychotropic medications for their whole life. There is little incertitude that if the neurodiversity movement and the skeptic community invigorated their campaigns to try and criminalize it, the health freedom fighters would directly use the same old argumentum ad-hominen tactics such as the pharma shill gambit or selective confirmational bias (e.g. "You're a misguided pseudo-skeptical disinformation propounding neurodiversity loving Big Government agent for Merck and GlaxoSmithKline, the measles virus in a vaccine caused my child's regressive autism, I reversed it with the GAPS diet, Reiki, a fecal transplant and sessions of HBOT!") to discredit them. However, I even have to staunchly acknowledge that the pharmaceutical industrial complex has had a pernicious influence on our postmodernist state monopolistic crony capitalist system that has infiltrated the free market decades ago.

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80