Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Mar 2015, 10:08 pm

Keep doing what you're doing -- it seems to be working! And try not to put too much pressure on things to work out with this girl -- you barely know her, she barely knows you!

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 1:25 pm

Diningroom wrote:
Keep doing what you're doing -- it seems to be working! And try not to put too much pressure on things to work out with this girl -- you barely know her, she barely knows you!

I think we're getting to know each other pretty well. I don't know if I should flirt a bit stronger or text her more; or if I should just distance myself as much as I can from her :?:

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 5:56 pm

She sounds like a keeper to me (friend, or girlfriend). From what you describe, it sounds she is interested, but just isn't comfortable with the whole idea of a relationship (not always a bad thing for an aspie male). :D

My advice would be to keep hanging out and doing things with her, but don't be too pushy about the whole girlfriend/boyfriend thing.

Also, about your friend spilling the beans...remember, people are blabber mouths, and like to play matchmaker, so if you don't want other people embarrasing you like this, just don't share those types of things with them. Now, if they can't keep anything confidential, then this might be a problem.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 9:16 pm

Just get to know her and care for her as a person. Let things take their time.

I was friends with my husband first with NO interest in dating him. I actually told him twice I wasn't interested in dating, and I wasn't exactly nice about it.

Well, then look what happened. And we are coming up on 18 years of marriage.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 10:06 pm

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 10:33 pm

she seems interested to me. that said, you are putting way too much importance on one relationship, especially so early on. if i knew someone's whole happiness depended on whether i liked them or not, i wouldn't be comfortable.

purpleeclipse3g
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Mar 2015, 1:06 am

Word of advice get her in a situation were you two are alone like invite her to your place to watch a movie and have pizza ( most girls love the note book, were the heart is, etc.) And try to put your arm around her or see if she cuddles up with you when your on the couch watching the movie and that will tell you if she is interested or is friend zoning you. It has to be a girlie ass movie for it to work though it sets the tone and lets you judge her attitude and her behavior/actions. Also don't just try to get laid she will get that vibe and it will not go in your direction best of luck.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 1:59 pm

Right now, I'm not looking to "get laid" or any ulterior motive. Right now, I just want a relationship. And I really like this girl.

My friend, as well as the people here, all seem to say to keep things going, even if no romantic relationship ever results. The fact is, we've hung out quite a bit, and there's no doubt that she feels something for me, even if it never grows past a strong friendship :? . I can't cast her aside just because nothing romantic ever develops, I just couldn't do that to her. She means allot to me, and I know if I cut things off now she'll feel hurt.

Quote:
Just get to know her and care for her as a person. Let things take their time.

I was friends with my husband first with NO interest in dating him. I actually told him twice I wasn't interested in dating, and I wasn't exactly nice about it.

I suppose that's what I'll do. I'll keep the friendship going, and hope like hell.

There still may be a chance. Even before she knew I had any interest in her, I heard her mention that she just doesn't date during the semester. But she did invite me to something. It's a church benefit, she described it like a prom. She said she was wondering if I'd like to go with her. The thing is, it's almost two months away (literally the day after classes end). I guess that means she still sees us spending time together, and she stills sees herself as single in two months (otherwise she'd have waited to see if there were someone else to go with). I honestly don't know if I ought to read this as anything more than two friends hanging out. It seems better for me not to get my hopes up again.