aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 11:28 am

0_equals_true wrote:
aghogday wrote:
If you don't think emotions are a serious
human point you may be missing a serious
portion of the experience of human being.

I don't really see the point you're making here. Are you saying that Scrubs is satrising emotions?

I think satire ceases to be satire when it is simply a straight criticism of an individual.

The fact that people may have emotional and relationship issues, doesn't automatically lend itself to satire (although not impossible to make satire of it).

You might satirise our emotional response to life, death how it relates to medical choices such as keeping a loved one artificially "alive", to satisfy our our need not to let go. Or simply how emotional conventions can lead to some pretty poor choices, that impact many people.

aghogday wrote:
I never see any emotion in your words here;
but text is not always; but almost always
an indication of that in my personal life.

I think determining emotional intelligence from the internet, is fought. I would stop while you are ahead. :lol:

Examples of satire: Private Eye, The Onion, Yes Minister, In the Thick of It, 2012, W1, Armando Iannucci, Al Murry, Stuart Lee (also meta comedy).

Satire can be very subtle indeed, in fact that is my favourate kind. Especially if is well balanced.

Parody can make a component of satire, however where it is over explained it is not in the tradition I love.

Oh Lord. Physical comedy on Scrubs, is overall, the satire, dear.

Non-verbal communication is anywhere from
60 to 90 percent of human communication.

And frigging all of it is emotional.

One does NOT even need words to do comic-strip satire or
on Scrubs. But truly as science shows some folks
can neither appreciate it or cognitively process
it for both innate and environmental reasons.

And this is in large part why humans
do not read science abstracts
as human emotion is
almost entirely
what drives
human
focus.

And science abstracts
as well as the language around
here can most definitely be totally
devoid
of it.

I am dam sure not
here for
fun;

Smiles
or Scrubs.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 11:57 am

aghogday wrote:
Oh Lord. Physical comedy on Scrubs, is overall, the satire, dear.

Talking in "vague" doesn't mean you have made a good point, but thanks for patronising me, Darling. For someone who doesn't appear to grasp satire that well you are quite good at it. The joke must be on me.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 12:26 pm

In my previous comment I clearly stated satire of the human heart is the greatest satire.

What part of that heArt did you NOT understand meant emotion.

That is why I said Oh Lord in response to your question of whether or not I was suggesting emotion Is the Satire.

Human emotion is the gold of non- verbal communication as potential Joy.

Use it or lose it applies.

And that is why they over use it on scrubs as satire.

Real scrubs act like robots; shutting down emotional non-verbal communication, and that represses both social cognition and Joy; as a necessary poison of the occupation.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 12:52 pm

aghogday wrote:
Real scrubs act like robots; shutting down emotional non-verbal communication, and that represses both social cognition and Joy; as a necessary poison of the occupation.

I take your point there, there is certainly scope for satire on the clinical approach of suppressing emotions to do the job.

However for some people it works, however not the majority. Most need some emotional outlet our they could have a breakdown.

If you watch real documentaries of clinicians at work, they often make the point that they not robots, and they real people with flaws an feelings. Also they are patients too. Like a GP with an eating disorder who could no longer take being in denial about her own hypocrisy in getting people to eat healthily, she decided to ask for help herself.

It is a balance though. Emotions are very influential, so when making an assessment they have be careful not to disrupt the assessment.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 1:10 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
aghogday wrote:

I take your point there, there is certainly scope for satire on the clinical approach of suppressing emotions to do the job.

However for some people it works, however not the majority. Most need some emotional outlet our they could have a breakdown.

If you watch real documentaries of clinicians at work, they often make the point that they not robots, and they real people with flaws an feelings. Also they are patients too. Like a GP with an eating disorder who could no longer take being in denial about her own hypocrisy in getting people to eat healthily, she decided to ask for help herself.

It is a balance though. Emotions are very influential, so when making an assessment they have be careful not to disrupt the assessment.

Repressing human emotions is truly the reason most folks end up at the Doctors office.

I learned that lesson almost by dying.

Finding non-verbal ways to fully express emotions is medicine that truly cures the root of stress related illness.

I would never say Oh Lord in the past but now I am totally happy.

Dance for me is truly the best medicine of all.

I like you and encourage you to do the same..:)