Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2015, 2:00 pm

are many crazy cats lady aspies? i'm a crazy cats lady, and i like it this way. although i love all animals, and like dogs very much. but cats are that much easier to care for. i have three cats now.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 12:05 am

Dash from another aspie crazy cat lady in Israel. :D

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

16 Mar 2015, 1:18 am

My NT brother-in-law is 100x the crazy cat lady I'll ever be.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 1:51 am

Not necessarily a correlation. I know someone with six cats--they're surrogate children for her.

I'm an animal person, but I think two would be the limit for me. I don't think I could properly care for more without getting overwhelmed. It's a moot point though, due to living circumstances.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 2:06 am

I am one.
I'm just not a lady.
I have 5 rescue cats.

ThatAspieLinguist
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Mar 2015, 6:58 am

My biggest fear! But I don't even like cats, so if anything I'll become a crazy dog lady.:p

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 1:23 am

Cats do sort of tend to take care of themselves...there's four cats at my house and they roam around outside during the day or just hang out in the yard. They like to be fed, get cat treats....and affection of course as well as catnip and apparently also valarian root, they don't even need to be fed of course we still do but its not like they would starve if we didn't they might find it less appealing to come back though. I've seen them all catch rodents and birds and eat them...well except the smallest one she did however bring two live birds into my room that i had to put back outside. But even if she didn't catch her own I am sure at least one of the other cats would share....shes a small black manx cat, and she always follows my large grey cat around and much of the time I end up sleeping with both of them on my bed.

I like cats, but I wouldn't want too many at once...like if you've ever watched Pet Hoarders, I admit sometimes I watch Animal Planet reality t.v when I am bored, anyways I wouldn't want so many its a health hazard to me and the cats...but I cannot imagine not having a cat. Well I can as I was without one for a while as the one I had died, but I had him for like 15 years and I know he lived a long healthy life....he had a wild side to him that is for sure, but yeah with the four cats I have me and my mom and rest of the house try to get them in at night but it would have been impossible with that cat, he also liked to pounce with his claws and teeth from time to time, even tried to challenge a male deer with huge antlers till he realized how much bigger it was than him now that was funny. But anyway I was glad to get more cats because it sucked not having one.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 2:05 am

I aspire to this position one day.

Gaara
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2015, 10:15 am

I'm kind of a crazy cat man. After our cat died and there was no cat in the house it was really weird and I really couldn't stand the emptiness.

elysian1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2015, 11:00 am

Three cats, three dogs. They live together quite peacefully despite vast differences in their ages, sizes and temperaments. I am probably more of a dog person (and I love the intense, intuitive herding breeds- they're missing the "gut instincts" I wish I had) but I'll agree, cats are less work.

I particularly love black cats. Jezebel is my third black cat.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/yourphotos?pid=6111927700328739298&oid=115984761441488340999

I had one black cat- Spot- until she died at age 16. Isabel, my second black cat, died just a month shy of turning 16.

I could very easily become the "crazy cat lady" although 4 cats is my absolute max, and 3 is ideal. I don't think I could ever live without at least one dog again though. Dogs are sane when people aren't- but I've always gotten along with dogs- and cats- better than with people. :heart: :skull:

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 12:14 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Cats do sort of tend to take care of themselves...there's four cats at my house and they roam around outside during the day or just hang out in the yard. They like to be fed, get cat treats....and affection of course as well as catnip and apparently also valarian root, they don't even need to be fed of course we still do but its not like they would starve if we didn't they might find it less appealing to come back though. I've seen them all catch rodents and birds and eat them...well except the smallest one she did however bring two live birds into my room that i had to put back outside. But even if she didn't catch her own I am sure at least one of the other cats would share....shes a small black manx cat, and she always follows my large grey cat around and much of the time I end up sleeping with both of them on my bed.

I like cats, but I wouldn't want too many at once...like if you've ever watched Pet Hoarders, I admit sometimes I watch Animal Planet reality t.v when I am bored, anyways I wouldn't want so many its a health hazard to me and the cats...but I cannot imagine not having a cat. Well I can as I was without one for a while as the one I had died, but I had him for like 15 years and I know he lived a long healthy life....he had a wild side to him that is for sure, but yeah with the four cats I have me and my mom and rest of the house try to get them in at night but it would have been impossible with that cat, he also liked to pounce with his claws and teeth from time to time, even tried to challenge a male deer with huge antlers till he realized how much bigger it was than him now that was funny. But anyway I was glad to get more cats because it sucked not having one.

i also had a huge black cat for fourteen and a half years, and he was a wildcat and loved to scratch and bite, and challenge huge dogs. that thing about the deer sounds hilarious, and i love it.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 12:49 pm

I had 10 at one point. That was a lot of cats. Keeping them free of fleas was a giant pain in the fanny (because, when you've got 10 cats, there is no way you can afford Advantage or whatever for all of them, and even though a flea bath takes 15 minutes, 15x10 is two and a half hours). There were six litter boxes that had to be scooped twice a day, and I still occasionally had to play "Find the Feces."

Cat s**t has a special stink. I don't like cat s**t.

I'm down to three now. I like that better.

Except that I miss the other ones. I miss their antics and the constantly changing dynamics of a large clutter of cats. I think that, when I don't have kids any more, I will probably go back to being a crazy cat lady.

My dad was a crazy cat man. Also a crazy dog man. Pretty much a crazy everything-stray-that-managed-to-find-its-way-into-his-yard man (although he did draw the line at a horse, after it broke into the shed lean-to and ate all the bird seed).