Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Caesar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2015, 3:07 pm

I know that feeling, I keep walking or even running around the house, lie down on my bed and get out of my bed instantly.
Sometimes I'm not even bored and actually have a lot to do but I just don't feel motivated to do it so I get in a bored mood.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 3:24 pm

I do and think it's an aspie trait. We need a challenge all the time, or a special interest. When an aspie gets bored, he/she can get depressed and frustrated and restless and whatnot, while nts just shrug it off.

As a teen I wished for danger because I was so bored. Aspies can go crazy over boredom which nts think is just a part of life, and some might even welcome it.

that's why I liked walking for hours and hours on end, real fast, when I was young and still had the energy. I loved the challenge and the total exhaustion that followed.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 3:34 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I do get bored when I'm forced to be somewhere doing things I don't want to really do

That's my definition of boredom - being forced to endure something you have no interest in.

Otherwise, my mind is always racing, I can literally stand in one place and stim all day while my brain bounces from one idea to another - unfortunately, if I'm left idle too long, my mind will run to paranoia, worry, depression and anxiety, so it's best if I find things to do that occupy my mind and my hands, even if that's just reading a book or drawing. Surfing online can keep me occupied for hours, but it doesn't do much to quell the anxiety, since there are so many obnoxious, argumentative, insulting trolls to deal with.

existentialterror
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2015, 4:19 pm

I get bored and impatient easily if I have to sit without something to read. For example, waiting in line or sitting in a restaurant after the meal is over. Some people love to linger and have conversation at the end of a meal, and I find that incredibily monotonous