Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 9:36 pm

At my school they had cops teach us about DUIs... and they showed us real and extremely graphic pictures and videos. I passed out when they showed a man cut in half by his motorcycle. I don't think that was acceptable.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 5:14 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
At my school they had cops teach us about DUIs... and they showed us real and extremely graphic pictures and videos. I passed out when they showed a man cut in half by his motorcycle. I don't think that was acceptable.

Oh you haven't lived until you see the DUI car that is smashed to 1/4 it's size, with teeth imprints in the dash board and hair tuffs in the steering wheel. That vehicle makes the rounds during prom and graduation time between the two local high schools. Ugh...

I remember see that video. It was over the top.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 6:26 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
My son is almost 16 and felt very disturbed about a film that his class had to watch in Health Education about abusive relationships. Well, the abused female in the film is murdered at the end and they show the knife in her back and the blood. I complained about this to the school and would you believe that his counselor recommended for him to attend a program that is installed for kids from mental-disordered homes. How in the world is my home deemed mentally disordered because both he and I felt that the graphic content in that film was unacceptable and psychologically damaging to my son?! ! ! C'mon people!! "Upset" over this kind of film IS the acceptable reaction if a person has a conscience. Yea, you need to enter a program because human carnage upsets you. The prerequisite to sophomore year is to be desensitized to the human condition!! Vent about this! How do you feel about what your kids are watching in class?! Well, they did offer him an alternative to watching the film but I'm still mad. I feel as if they gave us the alternative but slapped us at the same time because they were annoyed that they had to do so. Right now, I know I'll eventually calm down and come to my senses but I'd like to meet both that teacher and his frickin' counselor in the boxing ring. Somebody's going down and it ain't gonna me!! ! LIVID.

His counsellor recommended that he attend a program for kids from mental-disordered homes? Excuse me but why? Do you think that it could be because of your ASD rather than anything to do with the film?

I don't think that being upset by something like that is grounds for going into such a program, I think it's normal to be upset after seeing that.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 8:02 pm

Tawaki wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:

Oh you haven't lived until you see the DUI car that is smashed to 1/4 it's size, with teeth imprints in the dash board and hair tuffs in the steering wheel. That vehicle makes the rounds during prom and graduation time between the two local high schools. Ugh...

I remember see that video. It was over the top.

8O That's horrible. 8O

If I haven't lived until I've seen that DUI car, then I'm fin with that.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 3:09 pm

Adamantium wrote:
The pro life people thought I should take it as a reason to switch sides.

I'm sorry if I offend you by saying that, but I kind of agree. If you find the reality of abortion so horrifying, maybe you should reconsider whether it is really OK to support it.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 12:54 am

Ettina wrote:
Adamantium wrote:

I'm sorry if I offend you by saying that, but I kind of agree. If you find the reality of abortion so horrifying, maybe you should reconsider whether it is really OK to support it.

Sometimes there are tv shows where they show surgery, I find that revolting. Doesn't mean I'm against surgery, it's just something I don't want to see personally. Maybe it's just some physical reaction to seeing blood. Something else I noticed is that men seem to be a lot more squeemish about blood than women seem to be.
I think the revulsion from seeing an abortion on tv is more about the blood and gore than it is about what is actually happening (a potential baby being removed), and people would have the same revulsion when seeing life-saving surgery, which is sort of the opposite in a way.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 1:20 am

As a visual person I remember being in 9th grade and we learn about concentration camps. I got graphic images in my head after hearing what they did to Jews there and seeing photos of their bodies after they were starved. It was horrible and I got this uncomfortable feeling all over my body. I also had nightmares like kraftiekortie and felt sick (not literally).

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 8:06 am

trollcatman wrote:
Ettina wrote:
Adamantium wrote:

Sometimes there are tv shows where they show surgery, I find that revolting. Doesn't mean I'm against surgery, it's just something I don't want to see personally. Maybe it's just some physical reaction to seeing blood. Something else I noticed is that men seem to be a lot more squeemish about blood than women seem to be.
I think the revulsion from seeing an abortion on tv is more about the blood and gore than it is about what is actually happening (a potential baby being removed), and people would have the same revulsion when seeing life-saving surgery, which is sort of the opposite in a way.

This^

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 10:30 am

I have seen TV shows posting a warning about graphic shots and images. They do the same with language too.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.