Page 1 of 9 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 9:46 am

Penn State Frat Suspended Over Facebook Photos of Nude, Unconscious Women

The times they are a changing

"When Establishment figures declare that they’ve changed their mind on free speech and now think there should be less of it, know that they expect the speech that gets throttled to be yours, not theirs.” - Walter Olsen Cato Institute

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 3:25 pm

It's about time schools started taking action against this sort of behaviour.

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 3:58 pm

I wonder if they are gonna sue over this pic, besides this behavior is unacceptable.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 1:28 am

Helps me to remember why I've always hated jocks.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:05 am

Quote:
According to WJAC, police in State College, Pa. were given a tip about two Facebook pages where members of the Kappa Delta Rho fraternity allegedly posted images of drug transactions, hazing, and partially nude women. The women in the images appeared to be “passed out or sleeping,” according to police.

Drug transactions, hazing, and partially nude women at a frat house????
Gee, I bet that's a first!
:roll:

Last edited by Raptor on 20 Mar 2015, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Do you ever pass up an opportunity to express your jockophobia?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 12:51 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No, I don't. The jock is the Aspie's/nerd's natural enemy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 6:33 pm

Raptor wrote:
Quote:
According to WJAC, police in State College, Pa. were given a tip about two Facebook pages where members of the Kappa Delta Rho fraternity allegedly posted images of drug transactions, hazing, and partially nude women. The women in the images appeared to be “passed out or sleeping,” according to police.

Drug transactions, hazing, and partially nude women at a frat house????
Gee, I bet that's a first!

Here we go again :roll:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 7:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I've never personally had an issue with them.....

You're saying that you have?
Be specific, please.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 10:31 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Be specific, please.

I am not going to recount every belittlement and humiliation I had suffered under those over privileged goons back in junior high and high school just for your amusement.
Funny that an Aspie like yourself wouldn't have had such bad experiences. Or am I to suppose that I had it coming for being outwardly different?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 10:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Be specific, please.

I am not going to recount every belittlement and humiliation I had suffered under those over privileged goons back in junior high and high school just for your amusement.

In other words you can blame it but you can't name it.

Quote:
Funny that an Aspie like yourself wouldn't have had such bad experiences. Or am I to suppose that I had it coming for being outwardly different?

Maybe I just went to a better high school than you. I just don't recall that much bullying for anyone in that school. Not that there was none at all but it seemed negligible compared to stories I've heard.
I had to slug two MFers on campus in the 10th grade, one in October and one in May of that school year, and that was it.
I did appear normal and other than a few friends I mostly kept to myself. I would also loosen someone's teeth for them if they asked for it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:06 pm

Raptor wrote:
Maybe I just went to a better high school than you. I just don't recall that much bullying for anyone in that school. Not that there was none at all but it seemed negligible compared to stories I've heard.
I had to slug two MFers on campus in the 10th grade, one in October and one in May of that school year, and that was it.
I did appear normal and other than a few friends I mostly kept to myself. I would also loosen someone's teeth for them if they asked for it.

Maybe you need go easy on the smugness. It sounds like you had it easy.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

If I may offer an observation, I too have noticed that you mention high school bullying quite often, and that a lot of your takes on issues seem to reflect a continuation of the jocks vs nerds mentality that you experienced in high school, taking 'sides' based on who you perceive to be the "jocks" or the "nerds". That's hardly unique to you, Cornflake and I had a bit of a running theory about Aspies and bullying and how that effected the way that WP users reacted to specific topics, but I read your posts often enough that it's something that jumps out at me. It's understandable, but something that you should be aware of, as it can cause some unconscious bias when you find yourself reluctant to go against your instincts when the information doesn't match them.

I also want to mention something that has become very apparent to me after years of WP posting and hosting the Squarepegs in Seattle, namely that if you've met one Aspie you've met one Aspie, as we're at least as different from each other as we are from any NT. I'm sure Raptor's school experience was different than yours, and that neither of yours was anything like mine, what with the majority black magnet schools and alternative highschool where I taught class as well as attending it, but you can't really claim that any of us had the definitive "aspie" experience, as there isn't one.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Maybe you need go easy on the smugness.

Smugness is only one of the many services I provide. :P

Quote:
It sounds like you had it easy.

I had it how I had it. I have no other experiences to reflect on but mine. I didnt say that there was no bullying in my school just that it appeared comparatively low from other stories I've heard then and since then.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:48 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Be specific, please.

In other words you can blame it but you can't name it.

Quote:

If I recounted my negative experiences, you would obviously ridicule and deride me for them, so no dice.
Incidentally, I'm not just speaking out for myself, but for every weird, physically weak kid who had been put through hell by thoughtless, cruel assh*les whose status on the public school social ladder was based only on their athleticism, which gave them the power to denigrate those of us who they saw as their lessers.
And on the matter of you going to a better high school than me - very probably. My high school had a bad rep for bullying. Instead of trying to make me feel bad about my public school experiences, just be happy that you didn't have to live through them.