Page 1 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 5:59 am

Describe some of your weird Aspie traits. That's it :)

One of mine is stimming in public. Mum and I will be walking around the shopping centre/mall and I'll cup my hands around my nose and mouth and sniff them for a while. She tells me it's weird but I don't care. I do it anyway. I also rock in public.

It doesn't have to be a stim. Just something you know is weird or that others have mentioned is weird.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 6:23 am

When I was in grade school, I used to jump up and down while grabbing my crotch at school. I got in trouble because at recess, the other kids wanted to learn how to do it too.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 7:13 am

I am full of quirks. One of the things that people have commented most on is my 'ohm-ing out' to music. I adore lying on the floor and feeling music. I could stare off into nothing and do that for hours... just get lost in it. Holy perfection, Batman.

OP, I sniff my hands often as well. I find it to be beneficial to me when I am out in public. I have sensory issues and smells often enough bother me. My hands help keep that stuff at bay. If I a wearing a hoodie, I can shove my nose/mouth into the sleeve and wander about like that.

LifUlfur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 8:06 am

I normally flap in public too :P but there's a LOT of stuff. For example, I like to walk with my feet sideways, if you get my meaning, my left foot (imagine you are facing forward) is pointing directly to the left and my right foot, directly to the right, it looks REALLY weird!

Also, I really enjoy walking around in circles, I count my steps and they have to be of an even amount on one surface so because I don't have the right number, I'll start walking real funny :P.

Last example I can think of is jumping on the spot and then (kind of) skipping, I only really leap on one leg then start over :D. I also like to sniff my hands, especially if we have bought nice soap.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 8:29 am

LifUlfur wrote:
I normally flap in public too :P but there's a LOT of stuff. For example, I like to walk with my feet sideways, if you get my meaning, my left foot (imagine you are facing forward) is pointing directly to the left and my right foot, directly to the right, it looks REALLY weird!

Also, I really enjoy walking around in circles, I count my steps and they have to be of an even amount on one surface so because I don't have the right number, I'll start walking real funny :P.

Last example I can think of is jumping on the spot and then (kind of) skipping, I only really leap on one leg then start over :D. I also like to sniff my hands, especially if we have bought nice soap.

I do the same thing! My mother complains that it will ruin my shoes, but I love doing it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 8:53 am

Probably me making sounds and or saying words out of the blue stands out the most.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 9:02 am

I tend to howl, meow, and say "I am the Wolfman!"

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 9:36 am

I touch everything I walk past.

When I hear a plane or see a satelite I look up and staaaaaareeeee... till its gone. :lol:

I will wear the same thing everyday. Not literally, but I wonder if people see any difference between the bunch of similar red sweaters, hoodies and tank-tops and the few pairs of dark jeans I wear repeatably.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 9:37 am

LOL...As long as your clothes smell good--who cares?

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 9:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
LOL...As long as your clothes smell good--who cares?

I don't know. But my mom says people realize it, especially since I am a girl. Apparently a girl should wear different set of clothes everyday just like a girl needs a new dress for each important party. I always considered it unfair. Boys can use the same suit every time and noone realizes but when a girl shows up in the same dress 2nd time they ask "Hey, isn't it the dress you wore for Jake's wedding?". As if there was something bad with it...

But maybe I am just overreacting. It's a rule I heard a lot of times so I am afraid of breaking it. I am awkward even without wearing the same thing everyday and it isn't much of a problem to change sweater everyday or get a few dresses for special occasions (I buy dresses 2nd hand when they are cheap) so if thats the price I must pay to be considered slightly less odd I will just do it.

On the other hand when aged 19 I went on a cousin wedding wearing jeans and a tank-top once and nothing bad happened. Some people even complimented my "unique" style. Or perhaps they were sarcastic? :lol: It was first weeding I attended and I was forced to attend it so I rebelled. My mom had no way to influence my clothing choice and save family opinion about me because I clearly said "I will go only if I can wear what I like" when presented to a uncomfortable dress she bought for me. :lol: I listened to her after that though - and bought some comfortable dresses in advance for future weddings so I won't have to fight with her again.

But even with those dresses I don't I fit in. All of them are ball gowns and from what I recently realized NT girls wear short, average looking dresses or skirts. Last wedding I attended only me and the bride had ball gowns, out of about 70 girls there. My fashion sense is a fail.

Last edited by Kiriae on 20 Mar 2015, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 10:01 am

If I had a choice, I'd wear pretty similar clothes every day.

I can't, though. I'm out in the working world. People really look at your clothes.

I wear something different every day at work. When I'm at home, I tend to stick to the same outfits.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 10:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If I had a choice, I'd wear pretty similar clothes every day.

I can't, though. I'm out in the working world. People really look at your clothes.

I wear something different every day at work. When I'm at home, I tend to stick to the same outfits.

I do the same. When I am just home/visiting family I wear the same clothes day after day till they get dirty/smelly. But when I go to school I wear different (but also red) sweater/hoodie/t-shirt everyday.

LifUlfur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 10:06 am

Weddings are the absolute worst! I know from other people telling me and knowing what it involves, luckily I've never had to go to one, I could barely sit through the episode of Sherlock with the wedding...
Thankfully my mum knows that I would just outright refuse and plus we don't know that many people who aren't married :P. I'm very glad I live in a family that doesn't force me to do that many things.
As soon as I get home, it's into the pajamas :D, my parents have to take them when I'm in school otherwise I won't relinquish them for washing. It's also nice having a school uniform sometimes, because of the lack of change.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 10:10 am

I don't have many physical quirks but I can't resist telling people trivial facts about something they are talking about and they might not even be talking to me, I just overhear it. Or I correct strangers when I overhear their conversations. I'm nice and friendly and it's started a lot of good conversations.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2015, 10:20 am

Among my unusual traits, including wearing the same thing everyday ( 15or so pairs of the same shorts, mostly one colour of tshirt, although I do have a couple of mickey ones, and sandals with socks- except for work I wear steel toed shoes). Yesterday I stopped at a coffee shop, to bring my daughter a coffee at school, I hadn't gotten much sleep for the last few days (we had a really sick cat), and the coffee shop was really loud. So I waited for the coffee, with my fingers in my ears, and then realized I probably looked ridiculous ( with my arms and elbows sticking out), so I pulled my arms down to try to make it look less obvious.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 10:20 am

I'm precisely the same way, Olive Oil!