You learn something new everyday: what did you learn today?

Page 124 of 142 [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 142  Next

cyclist_Netherlands
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jul 2021, 12:13 am

Today I have not learned anything new yet, but yesterday and the day before that I have learned that people in my region paint small rocks as insects for some reason.

DRR345
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Nov 2021, 4:20 am

I learned how to create a chair in Blender from one cube from memory.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 5:31 pm

I learned that people; whom drink, either tea or coffee run a lower risk of stroke and dementia..

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2022, 4:03 am

Reading this article, I learned today that in most states and territories in Australia you have to pay for ambulance services. It can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars per trip, 8O unless you have private health insurance, have a low-income/pensioner concession card, or pay an annual subscription fee of ~$50–$100 (depending on the state/territory).

The exceptions are Queensland and Tasmania, which provide ambulance services for residents free of charge (at the point of use, anyways). Here in Queensland, it's funded directly by the state government, having previously been funded through an ambulance levy added to electricity bills. It's money well spent IMO, and I'm surprised more states and territories don't follow suit.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 8:00 am

Ambulances in the USA is a racket .. they prey upon people’s necessities . Charging thousands for just showing up. And if you have to actually have use it .. they at least charge the same. It can break the bank for a person needing a ambulance. Then they become belligerent if you do not pay right away. When they bill you several months later .
This time they committed fraud billing both my different medical providers 1000 s. Each .. ( double, billing). :evil:
Our medical system is suppose to oversee those practices.

where ever you go ,there you are

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 2:07 pm

"Corpsing" is a name for when an actor experiences non-scripted laughing or giggling that causes them to break character. It gets its name because it often happens to actors who are pretending to be a corpse.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 6:06 pm

There's a burger restaurant in the US called In-N-Out, where they put Bible proverbs in small print on the packaging.

I wonder if they know that according to the Bible it's a sin to eat dairy and meat together, such as what is normally found in a cheeseburger?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 7:11 pm

I learned how to read feline x-rays including the arrangement of their organs.
I learned lots of information about spleens.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 12:04 pm

That I should stop lifting heavy things as it keeps hurting my old back.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 7:00 pm

Am learning to pace myself during the day… ever so slowly !

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 9:15 am

I learned the word "contemner" today, meaning a person who shows contempt towards someone else. I saw it in the lyrics of "Battle Hymn of the Republic", which I was reading because out of nowhere the nursery rhyme "Little Peter Rabbit" (which has the same melody) randomly popped into my head.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 11:01 am

Was reminded sound frequencies can have effects on animate as well as inanimate things . I think this is important information , regarding many things concerning various frequencies . Healing types of things …. :heart: if frequencies are correct .

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 11:09 am

That my supervisor was fired from his previous job for sexual harassment. Can't imagine him like that at all.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 1:42 pm

That in Sonic The Hedgehog 2 there is a glitch version of Sonic that makes him look green and black that you can create using debug mode. The glitch has been named by fans as "Ashura the Glitchhog" and see him as a mysterious and somewhat sinister version of Sonic, or even Sonic's brother. I played the heck out of Sonic 2 and learned a lot about the Easter eggs and secret cheat codes, such as the stage select where you enter what is actually the birth date of Yuji Naka, the creator of Sonic, and how to get all the Chaos Emeralds in the first stage of the game, but I never even once heard of Ashura before. :?

Of course, there is fan art of Ashura. I used to make Sonic OC art too when the first two games came out, but they were mainly of a "girl Sonic" before Amy and other female characters appeared in the games.

In the Archie comics of Sonic, there was an evil Sonic named Scourge who was green, so he might have been inspired by Ashura. And in Sonic Underground, Sonic had a brother named Manic who was also green. But Ashura is really just Sonic with a weird palette glitch, otherwise they're both exactly the same.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 4:40 pm

That many autistic persons have managed to overcome a great many struggles, which I continue to deal with.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 6:32 pm

That some doctors can be friendly …