You learn something new everyday: what did you learn today?

Page 136 of 142 [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 142  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 12:37 am

That the urban myth that schools were starting to put litter boxes in the bathrooms for students who are furries was started in Prince Edward Island, Canada. It was first believed to be a joke, but naturally notable politicians in the US believed it was true.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 12:58 am

Some people leave there aggressive pitbulls loose in their unfenced front yard, even when ordering pizza delivery...

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 1:41 am

Worthless wrote:
Some people leave there aggressive pitbulls loose in their unfenced front yard, even when ordering pizza delivery...
We seem to have the same problem here in Australia, too. I've read news articles about postal delivery workers getting attacked and injured. If they are forced to opt not to go to the door because it's too dangerous, the customer complains. I think we need far stricter laws and regulations to protect the delivery workers.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 2:01 am

The first dilivery I did that shift I was harassed by the neighbor's two loose dogs, the little Pomeranian or whatever was yapping its little head off and following me about a foot away as I made the delivery. The pitbull was hanging back about 10 feet, but keeping a very close eye on me and maintaining the distance at 10 feet.

The second incident happened about halfway through the shift. The pitbull b***h with a spiked collar came out from behind a car in the driveway and literally stood in the walkway to the door growling and barking at me. I verified that it was the correct address and that that was the only door I could approach, the dog started moving towards me and I decided to go back to my truck and call the customer. The dog followed me and literally stood in the street right outside my driver's door growling and barking. The customer didn't answer, so I drove two blocks away and called the restaurant. They managed to reach the people and they agreed to bring their pit inside.

I just don't understand why someone thinks that is acceptable. Like why would they let any dog, but especially one like that just rome uncontained in a suburban front yard, especially when they have just ordered a delivery? I'm supposed to be their dog's chew toy for a $2.37 tip?

I edit this merely to point out how laughable it is that this site redacted my use of the word b***h to refer to a literal female dog that was currently nursing... It's like bleeping me talking about a donkey or male chicken.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 8:19 am

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 8:58 am

Radish wrote:
Is this for autistic people or for anyone? I have this extreme mental resistance to so many things and can hardly do anything. I can only do things that are not important to me. I cannot do important things or things that I like to do, strange as it may sound.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 9:18 am

^ I'd say it is for anyone. I'm a terrible procrastinator, but just doing those two minutes consistently helps to break down the monumental barrier to getting started with anything.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 9:41 am

^ Thanks - much needed!

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 2:51 pm

Ehlers-Danlos syndrome might be something, I, I'd have to be given a proper diagnosis.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 5:56 pm

Styrofoam balls can be just as good as cotton stuffing.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 12:30 am

A lot of old people don't tip or tip very poorly.

This is not a poverty thing as I have had many people (including some who are elderly) tip very well who were clearly struggling, yet multiple old people in nice houses in nice neighborhoods who give no tip or litterally just change ¢¢¢. There is one lady who apparently orders brownies delivery frequently and never tips. When I delivered to her, she acted like she was giving me this big tip and then counted out the exact amount due without tip.

That said, there are also elderly people who tip quite well.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 11:09 am

That I really am an American trapped in a Canadian's body. I don't care for hockey. I never say "eh" and it makes my skin hurt if anyone does. I've already mentioned that I pronounce "sorry" the way Americans do. And I just recently realized I both write and pronounce "mom" as "mom" when every other Canadian spells it "mom" but pronounces it "mum". Unless they're French, then they probably write and pronounce it "mama".

One time I even accidentally said "candy bar" when I meant "chocolate bar". :oops:

I really am lost on Earth. My alien species must have learned English mainly from the overwhelmingly American TV and radio signals they got from outer space. And then when I was sent to be reborn on Earth I still had the instinct to speak that way. :)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 10:26 am

Edna3362 wrote:
Apparently not bothering anyone is a sign of autism.

Then there's bothering anyone with it.

What is it then?! :roll:
Is this another of those being emotional and not emotional debate?

Of course. Why not. :lol: And this is just added on a growing list of contradictions.

It's kind of like non-cat people and cats, where first they complain about the cat ignoring them, and then they complain that the cat is annoying them. Poor kitties can't catch a lucky break.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 5:58 am

Just because I have a British last name doesn't mean that I'm going to take after the British ancestors in my family tree. A German Munro. Give me a five!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 9:00 am

That in Canada and the US men tell women to smile more, for some reason. Maybe because they think if a woman isn't smiling or happy-looking she's a rhymes-with-witch.

It's funny how in the US and Canada smiling at everyone you meet is seen as positive and a social norm, even if the other person is an obvious jerk. But in some other countries, like Russia, they think smiling at people you've just met is wrong and associate it with insincerity and even stupidity i.e. "American".

MeltingCORE
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2022, 9:23 am

SheiKra is the name of a rollercoaster I really like. I thought the name was a play on the word "shriek" when I was a kid. The name is actually a derivative of "shikra" which is a type of hawk that dives vertically for it's prey! That makes sense because the coaster hangs vertically for several seconds before plummeting. I think this is intelligent naming due to the coaster's theme *and* because many people probably think it's also "shriek" like I did. :D