Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

TheSleepyOne
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Mar 2015, 1:48 am

Been wondering if there's any other aspies in the world of custodial arts lol :)

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 2:04 am

I used to be a janitor on the night shift in a shopping mall. Pay sucked, but it was nice and quiet.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:15 am

Custodial arts. Heh.

I was a janitor years ago. I worked in a chemical plant that takes up a large part of the city it is in. I enjoyed that job. I could go at my own pace, do my own thing, and people left me alone. I was good at it. One of my favorite places to clean was a glass factory building of sorts. There were four guys on shift when I would go clean there and they let me take my lunch breaks there. They made the most beautiful things and played blue grass music together on their lunch breaks. I would always try to coordinate my lunch break with theirs so I could listen to music while eating.

TheSleepyOne
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2015, 1:50 am

dossa wrote:
Custodial arts. Heh.

I was a janitor years ago. I worked in a chemical plant that takes up a large part of the city it is in. I enjoyed that job. I could go at my own pace, do my own thing, and people left me alone. I was good at it. One of my favorite places to clean was a glass factory building of sorts. There were four guys on shift when I would go clean there and they let me take my lunch breaks there. They made the most beautiful things and played blue grass music together on their lunch breaks. I would always try to coordinate my lunch break with theirs so I could listen to music while eating.

Cool

MikeHart25
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Mar 2015, 1:57 pm

I've always wanted to aspire to be a janitor. but my criminal records check prevents me from that....damn gun obbsession!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 5:21 pm

I know of at least two on this Site. They're both long-time members.

If they want to tell you about their job, I'll let them tell you--otherwise, I might get a wet noodle on my butt!

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 6:00 pm

For a few years I worked as part of a small cleaning crew to clean both offices and private homes. It seemed like fairly easy and straightforward work, but inevitably I developed social problems with the other people in the crew and was unable to continue working there.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 3:03 pm

I work as a janitor. I work evenings and it's in a private building and I deal with very little people. I do deal with constant complaints. I used to get them only sometimes, now they seem to happen more often. I have been moved to different floors because of it and had my tasks changed and now I have been moved to a new floor again with less stuff to do and now it's too easy because there isn't as much. I just ask other co workers if they need any help if I have more than an hour left on my shift and I take my time working. I am in no rush.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 3:12 pm

We had one guy around here who became a janitor at the local school after he retired early.

He loved it.

For one thing, he wasn't yet eligible for Medicare and he got health benefits from the school system.

Also, he was a sports fan. He got paid to go watch all the sports events so that he'd be there if there was a problem and they needed him for something. If he hadn't have been a janitor, he would have still gone to the sports events, but wouldn't have gotten paid to stand there and watch.