Fox revives 'X-Files' as six-episode event

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 6:56 pm

http://www.king5.com/story/life/tv/2015/03/24/x-files-duchovny-anderson-back-for-six-episodes-on-fox/70376698/

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 7:12 pm

Eeeeeee! :D

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 2:57 am

You damn betcha' I'll watch it! :D

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 Mar 2015, 1:45 pm

I am excited to hear this, I hope they can finally give the show a proper ending and right the wrongs of that last season + that awful movie.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 3:54 pm

My predictions for the planned six episodes:

1. Mulder and Scully are nearing retirement at distant and separate FBI offices (Mulder now teaches mundane law-enforcement classes at Quantico as an adjunct instructor while Mulder is a special agent-in-charge at a remote office in New England), and get reassigned to team-up and investigate questionable and secretive actions which appear to be conducted by enemy terrorists who have infiltrated the U.S. government.

2. Skinner retired years earlier, but he contacts Mulder and Scully to tell them everything he was prohibited from disclosing when he served as FBI assistant director. He has become their new “Deep Throat.” He explains that their alien/UFO investigations were all a cover (as Mulder had predicted) conducted previously by the assassinated former Syndicate members in behalf of foreign influences dating back centuries.

3. The initial investigations that Mulder and Scully conduct show little evidence of any conspiratorial or terrorist activity, and appear to confirm that the investigations of other agencies within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security are correctly pursuing and reporting about leads connected to the suspected terrorists. However, they are told by worried informants about certain covert programs within the U.S. Department of Defense which are apparently unknown by their FBI and Homeland contacts.

4. Not knowing whether the Defense programs prove the long-recognized reluctance to share data between federal agencies or something more substantial, Mulder and Scully discover a covert group operating from within the Defense Intelligence Agency which enjoys covert status and disproportionate influence within certain federal agencies. Skinner confirms that while he was unable to prove the group’s existence, he was able to confirm (by using old assignment files and obscure CCTV recordings) that several of its agents were involved at key agencies during many of the world’s terrorist attacks since 9/11 including to a strange connection to the international group Wikileaks.

5. Mulder and Scully receive several threatening Tweets from an unknown individual or group who is aware of their investigations going beyond their original assignment and attempts to warn them away from pursuing it further. When a woman surprises them at Dulles International Airport and tells them that she sent the Tweets, she becomes their new “Ms. X.” She explains that what U.S. President Eisenhower described in 1961 as the influential Military-Industrial Complex has never stopped its desire to dominate world affairs for financial and governmental gain. But, the current complex is now the group operating within Defense. It calls itself the Syndicate 2.0. Like her predecessor, she wishes that they would just play it safe and go away, but, she will protect them if and when she can.

6. Realizing that their worst fears are now reality (except that world domination has come from humans, not an alien race), Mulder and Scully understand that much of what the Lone Gunmen believed once has been true for decades. If the possibility of a world government could come, like a virus, from within Earth’s population, maybe they could mutate that metaphorical virus and re-introduce it to the host. Betting on that hope, Mulder and Scully press Ms. X to introduce them to her like-minded associates. She warns that they are playing with fire, but agrees. When the planned meeting is set to occur at an abandoned warehouse near the Washington Navy Yard, someone within Ms. X’s circle has reported the plan to the Syndicate 2.0. Multijurisdictional agencies swarm in to the warehouse and, identifying Ms. X with facial-recognition systems, assassinate her. Mulder and Scully get away, but fear that they will be identified by others within the Syndicate 2.0 until, days later, each receive Tweets which state that “the associates have terminated the leak. You are safe for now. Will contact you soon.” Mulder and Scully realize that Ms. X succeeded to enthuse her associates who oppose the Syndicate 2.0, and that the age-old battle between good and evil continues even if it will take time to wake up a new generation of Americans to what their own government is doing.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 3:59 pm

They needed some extra material for the Blu Ray box set.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 2:17 pm

This has and probably will forever be my all time favorite show. I am really looking forward to this.

Gaara
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2015, 8:12 am

WOOHOO!!

Just hope it won't be like the mess that was the last film.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 8:37 am

Gaara wrote:
WOOHOO!!

Indeed. The X-Files: I Want to Believe was more like Millennium than The X-Files. But, Billy Connolly was pretty good in it.

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 12:03 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Gaara wrote:
WOOHOO!!

Indeed. The X-Files: I Want to Believe was more like Millennium than The X-Files. But, Billy Connolly was pretty good in it.

I've heard rumors that they knew the X-Files- I Want to Believe's script was terrible but they pushed it into production due to the writers' strike and the understanding that an X-Files movie would clean up at the box office simply by virtue of being The X-Files... I'm very much looking forward to this and my hopes are high!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 2:33 pm

I've never been a X-Files fan, but I will try to watch this anyway.

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Mar 2015, 2:41 pm

Sweet!!

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 10:50 am

Has anyone purchased The X-Files: The Collector's Set Blu-ray disk sets yet? They were available for purchase on Dec. 8.

Originally, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment set the price at a staggering $299.99 MSRP ( http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-X-Fil ... ray/59724/ ). Luckily, Amazon.com and other merchants have offered much more reasonable prices in the $175-269 range. The collection includes a sturdy, but somewhat clumsy, hard-board sleeved box with a foam spacer for the upcoming 2016 mini-series disk sets when they are available for purchase.

The disk sets themselves include a high-definition version of the original episode films in 1:1.78 (letterbox or widescreen) format, not the broadcast 1:1.33 format. Visual effects were re-created for the BDs, so they aren't exactly the original effects (the one concern purists might have about the sets, but the enhanced format more than makes up for a few slightly different effects).

The good news for those of us who don't care about paying for a box, however pleasantly designed, is that some keen shopping skills can save the buyer even more money in buying the complete collection of disk sets. Here's how:

Visit Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, BestBuy.com and Walmart.com. Compare the prices of each season's disk sets. Mix and match the sets until you are able to buy the least expensive sets from each of the merchants. I found that Amazon.com had four sets at $14.99 each, BestBuy.com had three sets at $14.99 and one at $24.99, and Walmart.com had the remaining set at $22.66. BarnesandNoble.com had no sets which were less expensive than the other merchants. Merchant prices change several times a day, so check all their sites.

Together, I spent $159.00 ... that is almost half of the MSRP!