Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 4:37 pm

the paleo diet is an interesting idea, but has no studies showing its effectiveness. contrast that with the mediterranean diet which has been shown to prevent heart disease and dementia.

SecretSavant
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jun 2015, 10:15 pm

The concept of the body's blueprint is incomprehensible to the average person.

This is not just about what to, and what not to eat, but about how our body was designed over time.

I'll give you an example. When I was in med. school, one of the things I learned in physiology was the way our body hoards sodium, or salt. We need a certain amount to maintain good health, but salt is not easy to obtain in many inland locations, so the body has developed elaborate systems for hoarding it.

The same is true of calories, in general. Our body's were not designed to consume high calorie foods day in and day out. We were designed to consume high fiber, low calorie foods, with occasions of plenty ... usually in the form of sugar or fat ... but not both at the same time.

What the paleo lifestyle does, is it forces us to admit that we're living a world, which our bodies are not designed for.

It's not about perfection, but recognizing the extreme danger we are placing ourselves by overeating certain foods for long periods of time.

______
are just Jigsaw Puzzles.
___