Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2007, 8:56 pm

Does anyone compete in Special Olympics?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2007, 9:11 pm

I have a cousin who does.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2007, 10:14 pm

You have to be mentally ret*d to compete in the special olympics. They don't take other kinds of disabilities, even if you are exceedingly clumsy.

Then there is the paralympics, but that is for people who are super athletes who also have physcial disabilities, like missing a limb, or paralyzed or something.

I know this because i looked it up after watching the southpark episode where cartman fakes being ret*d just so he can win the tropy. (a good one, by the way)

yes, even southpark inspires serious interest and research in obscure topics.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 12:16 am

ooohprettycolors wrote:
You have to be mentally ret*d to compete in the special olympics. They don't take other kinds of disabilities, even if you are exceedingly clumsy.

Then there is the paralympics, but that is for people who are super athletes who also have physcial disabilities, like missing a limb, or paralyzed or something.

I know this because i looked it up after watching the southpark episode where cartman fakes being ret*d just so he can win the tropy. (a good one, by the way)

Actually you do not have to be mentally challenged to compete in Special Olympics. I have AS and been compete in SOVA for 11 years. Your information is wrong because you do not know well. My mom told me this herself and she in charge of Area 23 in VA. She also my swimming coach in SOVA.

Where did you find this information anyway?

kt-64
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 7:43 am

I have been a peer coach in one of the local versions. I love working with people less fortunate than me.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 12:08 am

ooohprettycolors wrote:

My mom also states it is for intellectual and mental challenged but the way you defined it is very offensive towards me and more likely to the Global Special Olympics World.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

17 Jan 2008, 8:46 am

roygerdodger wrote:
Does anyone compete in Special Olympics?

I don't personally compete. My cousin who has Down Syndrome competes and he does weight lifting, though.