Do you believe in a shared/ collective conciousness?

Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 4:51 pm

I believe that we have our own individual conciousness that we are aware of and a shared/collective conciousness with 'energy' or every living thing, or some say god but we are usually unable to access it except occasionally or not at all.

I don't believe in any religion but i do think that all religions and quantum physics in the end; point to the very same energy which is all shared and influenced by each other at a very very tiny level. I'm not so good at explaining things but I hope you understand. Does anyone else think anything similar? :)

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 4:57 pm

“Before the universe was born
there was something in the chaos.
Serene and empty;
solitary and unchanging;
cyclical and ever present.
It may be regarded as the Mother of the universe.
For lack of better name,
I call it the Tao.
If forced to give it a name,
I would call it ‘Great’.

Because it is Great means it is everywhere.
Being everywhere means it is eternal.
Being eternal means everything returns to it.

Tao is great.
Heaven is great.
Earth is great.
Humanity is great.
Within the universe, these are the four great things.

Humanity follows the earth.
Earth follows Heaven.
Heaven follows the Tao.
The Tao follows the Nature.”

– Tao Te Ching - chapter 25

FlyingSpaceKittie
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2015, 4:59 pm

I believe in positive and negative energy. The amount of negativity or positivity in energy can affect life all around us and what happens to us, other people and the world we live in. That's why this planet is in chaos because of all the negative energy.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 5:13 pm

I think the most common indicator of collective consciousness is the Zeitgeist - the seemingly coincidental tendency for certain ideas and even inventions to occur simultaneously in divergent parts of the popular culture, science or academia.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm

I think something similar with the positive negative thing too; but more as in you give off something like a certain frequency of energy and your more likely to attract things of the same.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm

will@rd wrote:
I think the most common indicator of collective consciousness is the Zeitgeist - the seemingly coincidental tendency for certain ideas and even inventions to occur simultaneously in divergent parts of the popular culture, science or academia.

Hmm what is that? I have never heard of it.

I think it's true that multiple people can have the same or similar ideas at the same time. Even around the world. I wonder if any idea at all is truly original. Perhaps not

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm

FlyingSpaceKittie wrote:
I believe in positive and negative energy. The amount of negativity or positivity in energy can affect life all around us and what happens to us, other people and the world we live in. That's why this planet is in chaos because of all the negative energy.

What is the evidence for this positive and negative energy? And what types of elementary/composite particles transmit it? If you are talking about electric charge then yes, there is positive and negative electric charge...But talk about negativity and positivity in the therapeutic/new age/pscyhobabble sense really is about the perception of something intangible around oneself that either makes one feel comfortable("positive energy") or uncomfortable("negative energy"). But keep in mind that perception is not reality.

Now if you want to actually produce negative energy, the best way to do it is with the Casimir effect. Classical mechanics requires negative gravitational (potential)energy but the energy conditions of GR maintain that energy, and mass is always positive.

More importantly, there is no evidence for collective consciousness. It's a metaphor for social consensus.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 5:59 pm

Hmm you say there's no scientific evidence; true. But I felt something like being connected to everything, like I'm not separate from the universe but the same. Also breifly feeling like time doesn't exist anymore that it's an illusion and seems to be linear but it's actually a loop. Even though we age and stuff. I don't really get it but that's what info I got.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 6:22 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
talk about negativity and positivity in the therapeutic/new age/pscyhobabble sense really is about the perception of something intangible around oneself that either makes one feel comfortable("positive energy") or uncomfortable("negative energy"). But keep in mind that perception is not reality.

More importantly, there is no evidence for collective consciousness. It's a metaphor for social consensus.

Its sad how when a person decides they know everything that is and isn’t, and everything that can and cannot ever be, their mind becomes so full of “knowledge” that it closes completely.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 6:25 pm

There's scientific proof of synchronicity and that involves a collective conscious of some kind, to coordinate the movements so it's possible, due to synchronicity, there's a collective conscious.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2015, 6:45 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
There's scientific proof of synchronicity and that involves a collective conscious of some kind, to coordinate the movements so it's possible, due to synchronicity, there's a collective conscious.

So what exactly is the definition of collective consciousness? Since a person can think their own thoughts that others are not aware of, I cannot believe that consciousness is collective.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Mar 2015, 6:45 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

What do you mean by "synchronicity"?

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2015, 6:47 pm

will@rd wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
talk about negativity and positivity in the therapeutic/new age/pscyhobabble sense really is about the perception of something intangible around oneself that either makes one feel comfortable("positive energy") or uncomfortable("negative energy"). But keep in mind that perception is not reality.

Its sad how when a person decides they know everything that is and isn’t, and everything that can and cannot ever be, their mind becomes so full of “knowledge” that it closes completely.

One thing that I do know......is that I know nothing. :P

My mind is not closed, it's open. But I try to keep it half closed so that my brain doesn't fall out.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 7:02 pm

starfox wrote:
I believe that we have our own individual conciousness that we are aware of and a shared/collective conciousness with 'energy' or every living thing, or some say god but we are usually unable to access it except occasionally or not at all.

I don't believe in any religion but i do think that all religions and quantum physics in the end; point to the very same energy which is all shared and influenced by each other at a very very tiny level. I'm not so good at explaining things but I hope you understand. Does anyone else think anything similar? :)

No, I think we only have individual consciousnesses and that Jung's theory of a collective consciousness to explain similar stories in mythologies, such as a Flood, have a more simple explanation of there being a shared history prior to everyone dispersing amongst the continents. I see God as being apparent from design, rather than from feelings. Emotions and feelings in general are like waves on the sea, they change all the time.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 7:27 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Yes, precisely, and many people have come to the intuitive conclusion that synchronicity is how GOD 'Speaks' or 'Winks' at us, as one popular book puts it.

Carl JUNG, AND OTHERS, are pioneers in this area, and I personally can prove literally up to hundreds of instances of Sychronicity in my life, almost every day but it only happens when a person is emotional tuned in with a flow of life.

A mechanized human brain stuck in mechanical cognition will rarely to ever

HEAR 'GOD'S VOICE',

OR BELIEVE IN GOD,

AS THEY SIMPLY DO NOT
HEAR GOD IN SYNCHRONOUS WAYS
GOD 'SPEAKS'.

AND ANYONE WITH A DISCERNING 'EYE OF SYNCHRONICITY' CAN 'SEE' AMAZING SYNCHRONICITIES, IN MY FREE VERSE POETRY, WHERE COMMENTS TO 10 TOTALLY UNRELATED POEMS BECOMES ONE WHOLE POEM OF SIMILAR FLOW AND 'MAGICK'...

BUT NAH, NOT A THING THAT A MECHANIZED MECHANICAL LEANING MIND, WILL EVER LIKELY DISCERN.

IT IS CLEAR AS DAY, WHY THERE ARE MORE THAN AN AVERAGE NUMBER

of Atheists on this site; it's simply ONE SYMPTOM OF A MECHANIZED MIND.

A DEFICIT OF EMOTIONAL LANGUAGE of metaphor in written expression, is also
an empirically measured phenomenon, where I can predict an Atheist before
they tell me they are an atheist, by the number of emotional metaphors in
their written speech.

But again, mechanized mind equals little to no observance of Synchronicity,
or hearing a 'VOICE OF GOD', MORE CLEARLY IN THE MIND OF OBSERVATION
THAT CAN HEAR 'THAT VOICE', IN 'RIGHT-BRAIN' FLOW OF INTERPRETING WAYS...

And for anyone who doesn't understand Synchronicity, Google can be a 'GOD' friend, too,

As GOD has no limitations and yes lives, as a metaphorical 'GHOST' in the machine of

Algorithms too. Human cultural byproducts, after all, IS said and done, ARE expressions

OF NATURE/GOD, INCLUDING THE GOOGLE ALGORITHM OF COURSE...;)

Now we are getting in 'EXPERT GOD LAND'.

IT'S KIND OF LIKE EXPLORING
WORLDS IN 'STAR TREK' WHERE
FEW TO NO 'HUMANS' HAVE GONE

BEFORE..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 7:34 pm

starfox wrote:
Do You Believe In A Shared/Collective Consciousness?
No.

I believe in shared cultures, shared experiences, and shared living spaces; but never shared consciousness.