Legend of Zelda U delayed until TBA... No E3 showing...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 6:43 pm

Today via Miiverse and Youtube, Aonuma announced the delay for Legend of Zelda Wii U with no release year given.

The game and team will not make an appearance at E3 2015 as well.

Have no fear, Nintendo has promised us many more unannounced games are scheduled for the second half of 2015.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 11:46 pm

I saw that on IGN...sucks, but it really just ups the hype and anticipation. Can't wait to see what Nintendo DOES have to show at E3 though, besides the obvious Star Fox and Xenoblade Chronicles X that is....

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:01 am

I can wait, no big deal.

It's not like Valve, who push a game back five months, only hours before it's planned to be released >_<

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 12:32 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
I saw that on IGN...sucks, but it really just ups the hype and anticipation. Can't wait to see what Nintendo DOES have to show at E3 though, besides the obvious Star Fox and Xenoblade Chronicles X that is....

Well so far:
Yoshi's Woolly World
The Devil's Third (weird shooter game)
Pokken (The Pokemon fighting game that is due to this year in Japan in the arcades and hopefully soon after on console)
Project Treasure (fighting game, hopefully this year)
Art Academy (good art app due out this year)
Mario Maker (due out this year)
Other lesser games
Unannounced games

Mario Party 10 expansion pack (there is a shop to buy MP10 DLC)
Hopefully more MK8 expansion packs (I want more tracks).

Xenoblade Chronicles X all will be known in a few weeks when the game launches in Japan.

Splatoon launches in May here in NA.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 8:39 pm

xenocity wrote:
newageretrohippie wrote:

Well so far:
Yoshi's Woolly World
Pokken (The Pokemon fighting game that is due to this year in Japan in the arcades and hopefully soon after on console)
Other lesser games
Unannounced games

Xenoblade Chronicles X all will be known in a few weeks when the game launches in Japan.

Well Star Fox and Xenoblade would be the biggest games we know about, which was my point. I'm super hyped for Splatoon, but that's getting released before E3 and I was thinking of post E3 releases...Pokken likely won't be mentioned unless there's a Wii U port they haven't announced yet, and I totally forgot about Devil's Third. Yoshi's Wooly World will be great, as will Mario Maker, but I have yet to see much hype for either one. Art Academy is not my thing, and VERY niche so...idk what to say on that one. It's the unannounced games I'm looking forward to since we don't know what they are, including whatever Project Treasure is ( I forgot about that one too...maybe if it got mentioned more than once in the past few months.... )

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 2:18 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
xenocity wrote:
newageretrohippie wrote:

Well so far:
Yoshi's Woolly World
Other lesser games
Unannounced games

Well Star Fox and Xenoblade would be the biggest games we know about, which was my point. I'm super hyped for Splatoon, but that's getting released before E3 and I was thinking of post E3 releases...Pokken likely won't be mentioned unless there's a Wii U port they haven't announced yet, and I totally forgot about Devil's Third. Yoshi's Wooly World will be great, as will Mario Maker, but I have yet to see much hype for either one. Art Academy is not my thing, and VERY niche so...idk what to say on that one. It's the unannounced games I'm looking forward to since we don't know what they are, including whatever Project Treasure is ( I forgot about that one too...maybe if it got mentioned more than once in the past few months.... )

Neither are a big games in terms of branding, sales and hype.

Pokken will get ported in shortly after the arcade version releases, which happens to all arcade fighting games.

Yoshi will match Xenoblade in sales and both will easily outsell Star Fox (unless Star Fox is cheaply priced).
Star Fox doesn't command sales, if tradition continues Star Fox Wii U will sell half of the Gamecube games (both sold ~1M)
Each true Star Fox game sells half as much as the one before it (Adventure isn't considered a true Star Fox game or cannon for that matter).

With that said, Xenoblade doesn't command much hype or sales outside of the internet forums.
Will see this week when Xenoblade Chronicles 3D launched in Japan and EU (4/2) and what it does sales wise.
But the original game bombed at retail in Japan and in Europe with North American retailers refusing to even stock the game.
Gamestop was the only retailer willing to sell the original Xenoblade in North America.
I don't think the original ever broke the 1M mark.

I do believe Art Academy: Sketch Pad (Wii U) has matched it or possibly outsold it worldwide
Though to be fair Sketch Pad launched for $5 and it is a great drawling tool with Miiverse integration.
The full Art Academy (Wii U) should be able to do just as good due to it being a full art tool set.
If you like to do art the Art Academy series is a great creation program.

Yoshi I could easily see outselling everything but Mario Maker this year.
Mario Maker is the only game that has any real traction currently outside of the internet.

Devil's Third probably will drop with a thud in the West due to it deviating too far from the standard TPS formula.

Splatoon is being heavily marketed with Nintendo take it to every event and place possible including the Playboy Mansion.
Nintendo I do believe is still doing the Splatoon events in the U.S. and EU to show off the game.
The ads will start coming soon too.

There is rumored/leaked to be a Nintendo Direct coming this week with more games (this is where the Zelda delay announcement comes from).

Anyways I have a big enough backlog on my Wii U and 3DS to hold me for quite a while.
I would be just happy to get XCX, Pokken, Mario Maker, and Art Academy for the second half of 2015 and early 2016.

Though I really do need to finish Code Name S.T.E.A.M., though I might trade it in to get the Xenoblade port (I don't feel like replaying my Wii version).