Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:06 pm

I'm interested to see what males and females on the spectrum are into and if male interests in general are different to female interests in general.

Personally I don't have a special interest any more, but I can still list what I am casually interested in:-

-Mostly cottages and country/beach style, and country music, sort of the hillbilly trend.

-Writing stories, particularly about families.

-History

-Creepy abandoned places

-Gossip among people I know, like at work

-South Park, the Simpsons, and playing the Sims 2

-90s nostalgia

-Mundane facts

-Arriva buses

Those are what I'm into, the top one being a borderline special interest. What are your obsessions/casual interests, and what gender are you?

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:22 pm

languages
caterpillars (certain types of butterfly larvae)

I'm a male.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Mar 2015, 1:26 pm

Current events, politics, history, sports as far things I have a fairly intense interest in that I can yack to people about for way too long. Male btw.

Last edited by Jacoby on 28 Mar 2015, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:29 pm

I don't currently have a special interest but my ongoing interests/likes are :

Cars
Skiing
Disney holidays (the planning, hotels etc)
Sparkles, glitter.
Some shoes (trainers and some boots)
Knitting
Hill walking
Dogs
Tv shows - friends, raised by wolves and pawn stars
Nhl hockey, in particular the Bruins, Rangers and oilers.

And I'm female.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:35 pm

im a dude. In case any of you were wondering.

My interests:

-Music. I play guitar and a little bit of drums and piano. Plz don't ask me to sing though.

-I created my own song remixes with Traktor but they're not too good. Two songs mashed together doesn't always sound the greatest.

-I listen to just about anything that sounds good. I'm big into epic music as well. I created my own compilation on Youtube and it has 1.8million views. Just type in battle music on Youtube and i'm the 1st result.

-Watching NFL, i'm into the Kansas City Chiefs and I pay attention to them a lot.

-I enjoy playing soccer, tennis, and ping pong.

-I'm into computers a lot and am currently going to school learning various languages

-HTML/CSS. In the process of learning Javascript

-Video Games. specifically Runescape, Halo, COD, and others

-I'm into video editing as well. I really enjoy uploading videos to Youtube. I want to learn Adobe Premier and AfterEffects so I can further my skills.

Last edited by darkphantomx1 on 28 Mar 2015, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:40 pm

My main topics of interest:

-Minecraft
-Demons/Spirits
-Drawing 3d architecture
-Trolling NTs
-Sanguine system (Just learnt it in science class and I love it)
-Futuristic guns/mecha concepts
-Complex words and their meaning

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Mar 2015, 11:44 pm

I'm a guy & my interests are spending time with my girlfriend, listening to music, checking WP, browsing the web, watching TV, & playing video-games.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 12:28 am

I don't know if there's a single term that describes my interest, but it can be somewhat succinctly described as "creating and repairing things".
That includes (but is not limited to) writing, drawing, knitting, baking, appliance repair, computer programming, website design, and engineering and building structures out of wood, metal, plastic, etc.

And I'm a male-bodied person.

SIDWULF
Raven
Raven

29 Mar 2015, 12:54 am

Some narrow interests I've gone through in order and LSD advocacy is my latest obsession that will no doubt last a long time.

WW2 Fighter Aircraft
Psychoactive substances and their Pharmacology
LSD advocacy for therapy

Go to M.A.P.S. for more information on psychedelic therapy studies to treat addiction, alcoholism, depression, PTSD...the perspective shift and introspection that come from an LSD session allows a person to see themselves and their lives for what it is.

http://www.maps.org/research/psilo-lsd

Join the friendly and knowledgeable subreddit for more information.
http://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/

GodzillaWoman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 2:05 am

Bird-watching
Botany of North America
Patterns in nature such as the Fibonacci number
Mythology, religion, fairytales (sort of as a group)
Visual symbolism in art

I'm female

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 2:32 am

I cannot say I am super passionate about anything right now, I've been feeling kinda numb/depressed/restless which seems to interfere some but some ongoing intrests of mine are:

Music, mostly various sorts of rock and metal but I don't limit myself to those....I am not impressed by most of the more mainstream/popular music these days, I felt the same way in the 90's. I am not good with any instruments, I have a couple bass guitars but no amp right now and can't really play anything but might give it a go again since my mom got her brothers bass(he died when she was a lot younger long before I was thought of) and its a smaller model which I can actually comfortably hold and isn't too heavy like the others...good condition and definitely vintage so she said I could play it if I wanted.

Anyways playing isn't my strong point, but I listen to lots of music have been to quite a few concerts and I have lots of physical copies of albums cd's, vinyls and cassette tapes as well as plenty of band merchandise...shirts, posters, patches, buttons, and other random things.

Then I have a fascination with herbs, plants, and drugs and their effects on living things, I express that various ways...reading and other researching, I have gone to free classes some places offer a couple times to learn about some herbs, actually experimenting and I grew some feverfew last year because it has the same uses as ibuprophin or other over the counter pain killers except it works quicker and longer in my opinion also without some of the nasty side effects. I also use cannabis and so I am particularly interested in current research on that...as well as what's going on with it legally.

Sociology and Psychology interests me, I was taking that in college the last time before I dropped out.

I was very obsessed with cats and animals in general as a kid.....I guess part of it was they where easier to understand than people..but still I love cats and various other creatures and learning things about them. Spiders are also pretty cool but yeah I would not consider it a special interest anymore.

Then of course I like things like Game of Thrones, Lord Of The Rings, Fight Club, Monty Python movies, I guess I like quite a wide variety of movies/shows...some which are based on books. I will get bored of movies if there isn't an intriguing plot and some suspense or enough comedy to keep me entertained, it doesn't always have to be fast paced I don't mind if the plot is slow to build up if there is actually need for that, but some seem to drag on for no other reason than to increase the length of the film rather than because all the details need to be uncovered or whatever.

And I am female.

SIDWULF
Raven
Raven

29 Mar 2015, 3:34 am

I don't even watch TV, movies or shows. Dialogue doesn't connect with me and I don't understand a lot of what's going on when the characters are speaking. (I loved 2001 A Space Odessy ;) ) Sometimes a character will return on screen and I won't even recognize their face. I play PC games but I find storylines and dialouge tedious. I like games where a lot of stuff is happening on the screen visually, I love trying to keep track of what is going on. Keeps me locked in a state of hyper awareness and I derive pleasure from visual chaos (Battlefield 4, Diablo 3 are my favorite for this ;) ) there is a new game I am playing that is the tops for me though... Reassembly
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329130/
I also just read a lot on the internet, its all about reddit and programming reality for me these days.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2015, 10:18 am

Sports (right now interested in boxing, capoeira, and parkour but do not partake)

Weightlifting (#1 right now)

Psychology (studying nts lol)

Crafts like beading

cars and helicopters-newer interests

music

social and criminal justice

Sex:F

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 10:34 am

I'm male and my interests are:

1) Discovering new music (specifically through NPR's All Songs Considered and Tiny Desk Concerts)

2) 80's/90's TV (particularly family/kids TV shows like The Wonder Years, Punky Brewster, Fraggle Rock, Family Matters, Animaniacs, and, to save time, most of the shows on Nickelodeon and Disney Afternoon from the late 80's through mid-90's... Also The X-Files)

3) More Recent TV (The Office and How I Met Your Mother are standouts, but I also just started watching The Blacklist which is amazing! !!)

4) Craft Beer

5) Human Behavior (most notably, ASD, but not exclusively)

6) Video Games

7) The Titanic

8) Alien Conspiracies

I think that's about it.

abeautifulmind
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Mar 2015, 10:36 am

a. Analyzing and observing human behavior ( including, psychology, study of mind, also sociology)
b. Botanical illustration ( including collecting botanical pictures or looking at botanical images )
c. Planting plants, flowers/ gardening
d. Collecting dry plants,flowers, twigs, etc.
e. Beading
f. Art ( painting/drawing )
g. Fashion ( not following trends but developing an individual style )
h. Writing
i. Imagination,dreaming (creating ideas and images in the mind)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 11:43 am

These are my interests:
- Mental illnesses/disabilities
- People and how they think and interact
- Books, especially fantasy/sci-fi and ones with really emotional, surreal writing
I'm female.