Taking a shave with Occam's razor

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Whathappened
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2015, 1:02 pm

Hello,

I realize the cleverness of the title -- I thought of it one day and thought it might make a good title for a post I had in mind. I feel that life's so complicated, complex, and overwhelming, that I really need to put an effort at simplifying things, and shaving the unnecessary off. There is so much information out there; the internet is really a blessing and a curse, information overload is continually present. Things are just much more complicated. I don't know how exactly this will help me, but I feel it inside in a place of wisdom & intuition that I know is true, know is right.

It's hard when our sales/marketing culture constantly wants us to believe that we need complicated things to succeed, survive, and that they make our lives easier. The reality as we have seen is that that is not true, but opposite. I'm sad at this point that it's taken me so long and, I've had to suffer for so long with mis or more accurately, dis-information my whole life, but so have others and so we are in this together.

I don't know the exact tome of what I'm trying to say -- but it's the general idea that is weaving it's way through my life and I see the benefits already existing now, currently from this, as well as the intuitive knowledge and feeling this is the path forward to progress (for me).

Thanks

alex
Developer
Developer

02 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm

You could also argue that the reason the Internet is so successful and so pervasive is due to the fact that it is an inherently simple system.