Page 12 of 13 [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 3:12 am

^^ AuntBlabby - well its news to me that I am! I don't agree with the test, and with all the psychiatric contacts I have had over my life no-one has assessed me as schizoid or schizotypal (can't even spell it!!) I'll look it upon Youtube - the font of all knowledge today LOL.

I am simply differently brained and I think that is all about the ASD. After doing quite a lot of reading it checks out. I have had several diagnoses during my life, but I don't think they have been accurate apart from alcoholism, depression and cPTSD. I have been diagnosed as Borderline Personality, and on another occasion with Dissociative Identity Disorder. Although I did learn to dissociate as a coping mechanism for the various trauma, and starting from a very early age with gender dysphoria, non of those conditions has really stuck around. I think it has been Autism all along with my various ways and means of coping with life, which I must say I have been quite creative with. The cPTSD has been a major complication. I believe that Autistic people are easily victimised, we just don't see it coming, or I never did. My inability to 'read' people has always been a liability, but I didn't recognise it. How can you know you are missing something that you don't know is supposed to be there? I did learn to lie at an early age, with no conscience or conception that it was wrong. I am not like that today, I have a very strong sense of what is right and wrong, for me. But as a child, I couldn't read so I memorised the books that I heard the other kids reading to the teacher. (we had to line up to read.) Likewise with numbers and maths I could not understand even the simplest of concepts...until I was about 15 and the decimal system dawned on me. I was however extremely good at algebra. I just faked what I didn't know. With multiple choice questions you have a 25% chance of being right... When I was about 13 I was put in a girls home, I could not understand what I had supposedly done wrong, and assessed by a psychiatrist. They discovered I had a very high IQ and also I think it was he who decided I had Borderline Personality...I can't remember as I had another psych shortly after that. It was recommended I be sent away for 2 years to a facility away from my parents. I dug up the whole case about 9 years ago, got my files and made an official complaint at the way I had been treated..and got a lump sum payment from the govt. The truth of the matter was that I was a victim (not going into that) and everything I did stemmed from that. Plus being on the spectrum I could not explain myself in a way that other people could understand. Thats another skill I have painstakingly learned over the years, how to get myself across. Often though, I am perceived as a nutcase and for the most part shunned socially. I wonder if it is the clothes I wear, or the way I stare at people. I stare hard at people as I am trying to figure out what is going on. ...

I'll listen to a few Youtubes on the Schizotypal Personality and let you know if I think its me.

AQ 40
ASD-1

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 9:23 am

feeli0 wrote:

I'll listen to a few Youtubes on the Schizotypal Personality and let you know if I think its me.

Don't bother , you'll make yourself fit the description due to cognitive bias. Only a trained professional in Schizotypal PD will give you an accurate evaluation and even they get it wrong.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 1:28 pm

Nah, Dr Todd Grande does great lists. It was all I needed to know as to why I got that score. There are a couple of things that could be interpreted as Schizotypal, but the thing is the signature moves of Autistic people run very similar - it is just the underlying reasons are different. I dress funny because, well I sometimes can't be bothered not to. I have very few friends and have social anxiety because of ASD. The voices...well thats a different story LOLOLOL

Funny story, Back in the day when videos of each other were rare (35 years ago?) I was reciting one of my poems at someone's wedding and it was recorded. On watching myself I was absolutely horrified at the stupid flappy hands and head movements. I had no idea!! !!

AQ 40
ASD-1

MC1729
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Feb 2019, 1:43 am

My results

I got low for Paranoid (funny since I have had paranoia in the past), Moderate for Schizoid, Schizotypal, Antisocial, Narcissistic, Borderline and Histrionic (I don't think I really have traits for most of those disorders, especially the Cluster B ones, but the schizoid and schizotypal may be because of my social issues due to ASD), High for Avoidant and Dependent (makes sense as I am shy and socially anxious, and have problems making decisions) and Very High for Obsessive-Compulsive (makes sense as I have OCD and have a very "obsessive-compulsive" personality. But I don't really believe in the results of this test, because it is not a professional diagnosis and I'm pretty confident I don't have a personality disorder.

AQ Score: 46 out of 50

EQ Score: 5 out of 80

RDOS Score: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 145 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 51 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

oat_cat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2019, 1:06 am

Paranoid: High
Schizoid: High
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: Moderate
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: Low
Avoidant: Very high
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

Not really surprising because my doctor thinks I have avoidant personality disorder.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 1:11 am

^^^hiya Oat :) welcome to WP :star:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 6:26 am

Huh, haven't seen this thread in a while. Well, I have some time to kill before class, so why not do it again?

I got the same as last time.

Lost_dragon wrote:

Paranoid- Moderate

Schizoid: Low

Schizotypal: Moderate

Borderline: Moderate

Histrionic: Moderate

Narcissistic: Moderate

Avoidant: Moderate

Obsessive-compulsive: High

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 9:37 pm

Hmm
ParanoidPersonality | Low
SchizoidPersonality | Moderate
SchizotypalPersonality | Moderate
AntisocialPersonality | Moderate
BorderlinePersonality | Moderate
HistrionicPersonality | Moderate
NarcissisticPersonality | Low
AvoidantPersonality | High
DependentPersonality | High
Obsessive-CompulsivePersonality | High

Egautistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2019, 1:32 pm

Disorder | Rating

Paranoid Personality | High
Schizoid Personality | High
Schizotypal Personality | High
Antisocial Personality | Moderate
Borderline Personality | Moderate
Histrionic Personality | Moderate
Narcissistic Personality | Very High
Avoidant Personality | Low
Dependent Personality | Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive Personality | Very High

Lol.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 7:06 pm

us disordered types oughta stick together :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

WildColonial
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 9:21 pm

Borderline and obsessive-compulsive didn’t surprise me. The rest shocked the hell out of me.

Paranoid: Moderate
Borderline: Very High
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

“‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”

lylamorris
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Apr 2019, 5:17 am

Paranoid: High
Schizoid: High
Borderline: High
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: Very High
Dependent: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2019, 10:12 am

Very High:

Paranoid
Schizoid
Narcissistic
Obsessive-Compulsive

High:

Schizotypal
Borderline
Histrionic
Avoidant

Moderate:

Antisocial

Low:

Dependent

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 10:28 am

My results:

Paranoid: Low
Borderline: Low
Narcissistic: Low