Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

squatterandtheant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 6:33 pm

and is Anthony Hopkins an aspie? anyone else I know?

answers on a postcard please..

Last edited by squatterandtheant on 19 Mar 2007, 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 6:42 pm

I'm not sure. Jack Black rocks but doesn't strike me as the Aspie type. I don't know who Anthony Hopkins is. His name isn't ringing any bells.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 6:45 pm

It's hard to tell much of anything about an actor as good as Hopkins.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 6:48 pm

Why would you think jack black is? He strikes me as a class clown type. He DOES seem nice, but NOT like an AS guy.

Steve

squatterandtheant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 6:52 pm

dunno he always struck me as a bit of aspie, perhaps not

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 6:55 pm

KurtmanJP wrote:
I don't know who Anthony Hopkins is. His name isn't ringing any bells.

The only movie I know he was in was Nixon

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 7:00 pm

How about Silence of the Lambs? :P

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 7:02 pm

No and no.

edit: Hopkins used to drink a bit though, and is Welsh.
Why you think he is autistic is beyond me... maybe it is his role in Remains of the Day.

Last edited by Kosmonaut on 18 Mar 2007, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 7:06 pm

Kosmonaut wrote:
No and no.

Why you think he is autistic is beyond me.

Totally agree. Why is it that suddenly, people have to claim people to be aspie? I mean, I dont quite see the point of it?

squatterandtheant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 7:08 pm

Anthony Hopkins- British, born in Wales in 1937, great classical actor. Famous film roles: Hannibal Lector in 'silence of the lambs'. he was great in 'Nixon' too. Most recently in 'The World's Fastest Indian'

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 7:35 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Kosmonaut wrote:
No and no.

Why you think he is autistic is beyond me.

Totally agree. Why is it that suddenly, people have to claim people to be aspie? I mean, I dont quite see the point of it?

You're right about that! If they don't show autistic development/oddities, or autistic ways of thinking or strengths, WHY view them as AS????

Dan Akroyd DOES appear autistic in some actions, and he DOES sometimes play parts that are similar. Heck, spies like us and dragnet. And HE has claimed that he IS AS!

I could see AS traits in Wozniak! He liked pushing himself, created a nice computer, and wanted to offer it to the world. It was JOBS that pushed him to make a business of it. Wozniak was ALSO a GEEK that STRUGGLED to be popular. He pulled technical pranks, and ran a polish joke like(he's polish). He married his first wife when he was thirty. His second when he was 37. He is apparantly still on good terms with both, and currently single. Now I won't say he IS AS. I don't really know him personally. I HAVE chatted with him, and he DOES seem a lot like me. In fact, if I was born a bit earlier, we would have been working in the SAME area with the SAME goals, and probably would have been competitors. We probably BOTH would have quit college after so much studying, worked at one of the big 4 or 5 companys, and eventually gone back to college. HECK, we could have had the SAME hobbies! My two main interests were the SAME as his! He is KNOWN for using circuits for uninteded purposes, and creates circuits to work as he believes they should, rather than researching. He is the EPITOME of a HACKER!

Still, I wouldn't accuse him of being AS, but I can at least tell you why I think he might be!

Steve

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 7:50 pm

LoL...sure :o :lol: :x :D

School of Rock!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Mar 2007, 8:03 pm

i'm sorry but i'm probably the only person in the world that doesnt think hes funny. will farrell is alot funnier i think

squatterandtheant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 8:10 pm

Lets Get Rockin!! !!

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 8:11 pm

I think that Anthony Hopkins is an Aspie, I read part of his biography when in a book shop last year. Just the important part, his childhood.

He wrote that he was extremely socially isolated as a child and teen and he described himself as a child as, I can’t remember the phrase precisely, it was like “broken in the head” or “cracked in the head” or something. He emphasised that he was different from the other children and this was because he was socially isolated and could not relate to other children.

He got obsessed with acting at a young age, when he found out that Richard Burton lived in his village and went to Burton's house and introduced himself. He said to Burton that he would be a great actor one day. He was right...

Some actors get into acting to overcome shyness and poor social skills, some of these maybe Aspies. As a child, I was sent to acting classes by my parents to help me “mix better with other children”. My other candidates are...

John Malkovich
Klaus Kinski
And
Teri Hatcher (both her parents are mathematicians)

trent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2007, 8:20 pm

There is absolutely no way a person can be an aspie and an actor. The two are utterly incompatible. Just ask yours truly.