Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 2:38 pm

Does anyone else do this? Clothing tags drive me absolutely nuts, especially on shirt collars behind my neck. I'll even rip off tags I don't normally notice, or on clothes I'm not currently wearing. It just feels so satisfying.

ChristianSmith
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Apr 2015, 2:43 pm

Yep I do it on my work polo shirts, but whilst I'm wearing them, I wouldnt dare do it on my Fred Perry's. I only tend to notice the tags on my work tops? Strange?

AQ:39
RAADS-R 172

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2015, 2:50 pm

I do!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 3:11 pm

It depends on how much they press into my neck. Some are quite stiff and very annoying. I've seen some that were softer than the shirt they were on.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 3:16 pm

Rarely.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Nepsis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2015, 3:31 pm

Can't stand stiff tags on shirts. Don't really care about them on pants, but tags on underwear...drive. me. crazy. I tear those suckers right off!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 3:37 pm

I have underwear and some tops that just has stuff printed on the inside in the back instead of a tag, they should be doing that with more clothes. Sometimes the tag on my top would stick out without me noticing, and then someone just tuck it back in without even telling me first. I HATE when they did that! It's very rude and an invasion of personal space.

Strange how some people just can't stand to see someone walking around like that. Like the other week I was grocery shopping and some lady I don't even know comes up because she noticed part of my coat collar was stuck under the strap of my purse, and pulls it out and straightens it! Well, I sure am glad I wasn't walking around with my fly open, which would have been bad enough. :lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 6:23 pm

Clothing tags make me have an urge to gag. Just seeing a tag sticking out of someone's clothing almost traumatizes me. I don't know why clothing tags make me feel sick. I usually cut mine out if I know they are going to stick out. I Just cannot bear them.

I hate it when something like a jacket has about 4 really big long tags grouped together in the side, and they're so big and long that they hang out the bottom. I soon cut those out. I can't bear any tags being seen by me or anyone else.
I don't know why all clothes don't just have either washing instructions and the brand name of where you got it from and the size all printed on the inside, or have a tag that's made of the same sort of material as the item of clothing to sort of disguise it more. I don't see the need for all these fancy tags what stick out or are really long and pointless.

f9
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Apr 2015, 6:32 pm

YES. All clothes. Especially the ones on neck/ upper back. Why they put tags there at the first place is beyond me. Horrible and hurting things.

Although, now when you say 'all tags' … Just today a threaded off a tag in front of a new gym top. I don't like my gym top saying 'gym top'! I didn't notice it when buying and when I got back home I was like 'WTF?!' ….

Also bags - backpacks sometimes have brand name tags on them. Go.

So I guess it's all tags on neck/ upper back, most tags on sides of the clothes and then every other tag which is just not supposed to be there.

I like Muji by the way - it's the only company I know that doesn't put tags scratching peoples necks!

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 6:48 pm

Of course.

I always look for tagless clothes, but if the manufacturer insists on tagging their garments with that annoying scrap of feathers and sandpaper, I will remove it.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm

Tags bother me when someone is wearing their shirt inside out. Otherwise, not so much. If it's a soft tag I can wear the shirt without major problems.

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2015, 9:05 pm

I would rather have a hole where the tag was.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 11:42 pm

Yes.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Apr 2015, 12:22 am

I think I've probably ripped off every tag that I could easily tear off at this point and few not so easy ones as well that took the shirt a long with it.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 12:58 am

BetwixtBetween wrote:
Of course.

I always look for tagless clothes, but if the manufacturer insists on tagging their garments with that annoying scrap of feathers and sandpaper, I will remove it.

Scrap of feathers and sandpaper... I like that description. ;)

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 9:03 am

Absolutely- always for shirts. Pants.. it depends.. if there are tags on my undergarments, I take those off as well. It generally doesn't matter if they are soft/worn tags.. if they are constantly poking my back or skin I can't handle it. I think it's a common thing for us.