White Police Kills Black Man as He Runs-Away.....

Page 6 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2015, 1:13 pm

pcuser wrote:
Fogman wrote:
I'm sure that we all know that the cop that did this is sitting in jail charged with murder.

Also considering the fact that I live in the state where this happened, I find it ironic that if this had happened in a more 'progressive, socially consious' state the cop would be doing his job today, business as usual, with little to no fanfare as to what had happened due to police union interference and obfuscation over what happened.

Yeah, like South Carolina is well known for fairness when it comes to black people. Good luck with that...

Historically it sucked, however, I've seen about as much racism and bigotry in the allegedly 'socially progressive' state of Maine as I've seen down here. People down here who are racist seem to be more up front about it, but in New England, they're much more covert about it, and the ones who are racist are the ones who loudly proclaim themselves to have progressed beyond that.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2015, 1:24 pm

Fogman wrote:
pcuser wrote:
Fogman wrote:
I'm sure that we all know that the cop that did this is sitting in jail charged with murder.

Also considering the fact that I live in the state where this happened, I find it ironic that if this had happened in a more 'progressive, socially consious' state the cop would be doing his job today, business as usual, with little to no fanfare as to what had happened due to police union interference and obfuscation over what happened.

Yeah, like South Carolina is well known for fairness when it comes to black people. Good luck with that...

Historically it sucked, however, I've seen about as much racism and bigotry in the allegedly 'socially progressive' state of Maine as I've seen down here. People down here who are racist seem to be more up front about it, but in New England, they're much more covert about it, and the ones who are racist are the ones who loudly proclaim themselves to have progressed beyond that.

I never said it wasn't a problem in the rest of the country. However most blue states didn't go to war to preserve slavery...