Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 10:14 pm

trollcatman wrote:
I often wonder this, if they hate Western society so much, why choose to live there?

In large part for the economic advantage, I would think. Plus, they probably don't consider the culture shock coming with living in western society.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 6:01 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
I often wonder this, if they hate Western society so much, why choose to live there?

In large part for the economic advantage, I would think. Plus, they probably don't consider the culture shock coming with living in western society.

And I think they get away with a lot more crap in western countries than in their home lands, and they know it. In Sweden,some politicians suggested that IS returners should be helped when getting back home to Sweden. They said that they need psychological help, and should get help with finding a job. 8O

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 10:02 am

Bondkatten wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

And I think they get away with a lot more crap in western countries than in their home lands, and they know it. In Sweden,some politicians suggested that IS returners should be helped when getting back home to Sweden. They said that they need psychological help, and should get help with finding a job. 8O

They need help finding their way behind bars.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 1:13 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Bondkatten wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

They need help finding their way behind bars.

No, they should be prevented from ever coming back. When you fight your own country you are a traitor and should lose citizenship.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 1:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

But the US gave them asylum when they feared for their lives in Kalmukia Republic or wherever they lived. They should be grateful to the American people they were offered refuge.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 1:27 am

Bondkatten wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

Yes, some high ranking person from the Iraq army said that captured ISIS people would be executed at the same spot they executed Iraqi soldiers, near the river. They know that if they go back to Europe they won't be executed and will probably get off lightly.
Sweden is generally seen as pretty naive with these things. If these people (and other refugees) have/get Swedish citizenship they can move and live all over the EU, and the people in other EU countries don't like that at all. The Swedes should get back some of their old viking mentality. Unlike the way they are depicted the Norsemen often didn't use the death penalty, but banishment, or outlawry. If you did something really stupid, f**k off and don't come back.
I know Sweden isn't in NATO but these people are joining up a group that is fighting NATO forces. They are also murdering both civilians and POWs, and they are doing ethnic cleansing, and they are also destroying the heritage of the region from pre-Islamic times. They completely blew up the ancient city of Nimrod, leaving just a crater.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 1:30 am

trollcatman wrote:
No, they should be prevented from ever coming back. When you fight your own country you are a traitor and should lose citizenship.

Agreed, and I think that EU really has to create laws against IS psychos (and other terrorists), that will apply to all countries in the EU. It is a giant problem for us all, and countries can not solve it individually.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 1:42 am

trollcatman wrote:
Yes, some high ranking person from the Iraq army said that captured ISIS people would be executed at the same spot they executed Iraqi soldiers, near the river. They know that if they go back to Europe they won't be executed and will probably get off lightly.
Sweden is generally seen as pretty naive with these things. If these people (and other refugees) have/get Swedish citizenship they can move and live all over the EU, and the people in other EU countries don't like that at all. The Swedes should get back some of their old viking mentality. Unlike the way they are depicted the Norsemen often didn't use the death penalty, but banishment, or outlawry. If you did something really stupid, f**k off and don't come back.
I know Sweden isn't in NATO but these people are joining up a group that is fighting NATO forces. They are also murdering both civilians and POWs, and they are doing ethnic cleansing, and they are also destroying the heritage of the region from pre-Islamic times. They completely blew up the ancient city of Nimrod, leaving just a crater.

Yes I don't get this insane mentality, sometimes I have the feeling that people that are on spectrum or have other mental problems are treated worse than evil people that cause mass murder, rape women and children and just destroy whatever they can get their hands on. There is still this sort of absurd romanticizing going on, as if they are freedom fighters or something. Or people (politicians) see them as poor confused immigrant youth (a sort of view, that it is not their fault, it is society’s fault/racism that make them murder and rape...).

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 2:30 am

Bondkatten wrote:
Yes I don't get this insane mentality, sometimes I have the feeling that people that are on spectrum or have other mental problems are treated worse than evil people that cause mass murder, rape women and children and just destroy whatever they can get their hands on. There is still this sort of absurd romanticizing going on, as if they are freedom fighters or something. Or people (politicians) see them as poor confused immigrant youth (a sort of view, that it is not their fault, it is society’s fault/racism that make them murder and rape...).

Yes, if they just wanted to be freedom fighters against Assad, then why all the beheading of Christians or Yezidis and throwing gay people off buildings? You can be a resistance fighter without being a jihadi arse. And there are lots of people who are unhappy with their lot in society but I don't see them beheading people.
Quite a few Dutch politicians have said things such as "Better they die over there than come back here" and I can't really find fault with that anymore. I used to believe these people are not savages but my suspension of disbelief is worn down a bit.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 2:38 am

trollcatman wrote:
Quite a few Dutch politicians have said things such as "Better they die over there than come back here" and I can't really find fault with that anymore.

I agree, the thing is nobody that goes there is unaware of the evil that IS stands for, they are very much not ashamed of it and a quick Google search will tell you how they are. People that go there know what they are getting involved with, so they deserve no empathy of any sorts, the people deserving of empathy are their victims.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 3:21 am

Bondkatten wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Quite a few Dutch politicians have said things such as "Better they die over there than come back here" and I can't really find fault with that anymore.

I agree, the thing is nobody that goes there is unaware of the evil that IS stands for, they are very much not ashamed of it and a quick Google search will tell you how they are. People that go there know what they are getting involved with, so they deserve no empathy of any sorts, the people deserving of empathy are their victims.

There was some "controversy" here that our air force could possibly be bombing Dutch jihadis in Iraq. I thought we should be proud that our air force is taking out our own bad apples before they can do any more damage over there. One of the Dutch jihadis did a suicide bombing in Baghdad.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 6:39 pm

trollcatman wrote:

this. i do think it's better off if they'd not come back after their moronic jihad, and now the UK's green party leader is apparently against criminalizing IS membership. unless they commit acts which "support violence", which the former, is. naivete?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 2:29 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
He should be given life in prison in a maximum security prison far away from anyone else! :x

And then Obama can shut that prison down too. :roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 8:18 am

Jaden wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
He should be given life in prison in a maximum security prison far away from anyone else! :x

And then Obama can shut that prison down too. :roll:

:?: