Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 11:00 pm

Still, Fnord, if the guy puts his hands behind his back, that's a clear inference that he's surrendering. Since he was already on the ground, putting his hands above his head wasn't really an option, so he put them behind his back, and AFTER THAT the cops start beating him. Yes, he was bad news and known to local cops as a troublemaker who had threatened cops before, and cops in the high desert are corrupt anyway, but that's no excuse to beat him, I repeat, AFTER he put his hands behind his back. Those cops are in deep doodoo, and you followed up by saying that 10 cops involved have been put on leave. I don't really see desert folks as the type to riot, but the next Ferguson, white cops vs a black guy in an urban setting, and half the nation will be on fire.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 6:11 am

Sure, it's no excuse to beat him, that's why I'm not mourning the deputies' suspensions.

I say that he's 'lucky' because they didn't open fire on him - he could have been 'accidentally' shot to death instead. This way, he gets to live and be the next Rodney King. Who knows how much sympathy he'll get from the jury?

So don't get me wrong on this; he could have been killed instead.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 11:10 am

Fnord wrote:
Sure, it's no excuse to beat him, that's why I'm not mourning the deputies' suspensions.

I say that he's 'lucky' because they didn't open fire on him - he could have been 'accidentally' shot to death instead. This way, he gets to live and be the next Rodney King. Who knows how much sympathy he'll get from the jury?

There's something wrong when someone would consider themselves fortunate that the result of the police abusing their power against them has merely resulted in severe bodily harm, rather than death. We can't accept the police abusing their power.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 7:14 pm

ScrewyWabbit wrote:
Fnord wrote:

There's something wrong when someone would consider themselves fortunate that the result of the police abusing their power against them has merely resulted in severe bodily harm, rather than death. We can't accept the police abusing their power.

He was very fortunate. Getting kicked in the head like that could easily be fatal. They were clearly trying to kill him. If he was a black guy, they would have "accidentally" pulled a gun instead of a taser.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 9:16 pm

If the puppy killing thing is true I don't have much sympathy for him. However, I still feel bad for the officers who have so much anger in their hearts. It must be a hard and frustrating job. I couldn't do it either mentally or physically.