Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which of these things do you spend more time worrying about?
SJW's 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
WW3 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Feminism. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
White Privilege. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Becoming a slave/ getting worked to death. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Public shaming. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Lingering death. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Social media tattle tale culture. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
That people in power might be psychopathic idiots in thrall to malevolent special interests that are possibly fans of Thomas Malthus. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Mercenary academic obscurantism. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
GW 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yellowstone SV. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Insignificance of man in big and indifferent universe. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
That your life is some variant of The Truman Show. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
That you will not reach your goals. 15%  15%  [ 7 ]
Homelessness. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Religious extremism. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Misc phobias. 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Something else. 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 46

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 9:27 pm

People are worried all the time. Pick from this list of random anxiety triggers, the one you worry about most of all!

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 11 Apr 2015, 9:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 9:37 pm

Mainly just normal life stuff and the possibly of being homeless.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 1:52 am

Morons in large numbers.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 10:38 am

My individuality being ripped away from what defines me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 6:18 pm

I noticed that spiders and the bogeyman aren't choices.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 11:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Those count under Miscellaneous phobias.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 11:52 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Those count under Miscellaneous phobias.

I hadn't noticed that choice, but then again, as I was being facetious when I mentioned the Bogeyman and spiders. :lol:

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 12:46 am

Dox47 wrote:
Morons in large numbers.

:lol: Nicely put.

I have a saying beware the Bogan

Just look to history. Mongols, Crusaders, various incarnations of Fascists, European explorers and on.and on.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 6:42 am

Yesss, but more than that I worry that we don't think we have enough, and we keep coming up with ways of making more of them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 9:36 am

Actually, these days I'm worrying about our butthole landlords who are making life unbearable for everyone except for their favorites in our apartment complex. And yes, we are going to move. At least we just gave our twenty day notice - I know of people who have either bailed in the middle of the night, or who plan to.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 10:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Actually, these days I'm worrying about our butthole landlords who are making life unbearable for everyone except for their favorites in our apartment complex. And yes, we are going to move. At least we just gave our twenty day notice - I know of people who have either bailed in the middle of the night, or who plan to.

This really interests me. I did not sign my lease because I don't trust the landlords. The company has changed. Now, I don't know what to do regarding my lease. So, I am curious what is bad about living in your complex? Did you find a place you trust?

genesis529
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Apr 2015, 12:08 pm

The coming riots and collapse that results once the have-nots finally crack.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 12:23 pm

If your landlord is connected to a management company, as with my apartment house, then you have every reason to distrust them. To call management companies Nazis would be putting Nazis in a bad light.
As with your experience, things have changed here for the worse. They try to stick you with the bill for repairs, and those repairs are of an inferior quality. They constantly have inspections of our apartments, allegedly looking to make repairs, but in fact to nickel and dime tenants for house keeping issues. But the straw that broke the camel's back came when the manager had threatened our cat, Lovecraft. We had been told in the past that a single pet deposit of four hundred dollars would cover any animals we would have on the premises. Since then, they told us they wanted an extra four hundred. Well, as my daughter is autistic, we got a doctor's note making the cat a companion animal, which would nullify the pet deposit. This was not only denied, but we were told to "get rid of the cat." The reasoning had been, as we had had a cat that we had had to get rid of named Kafka which had done some damage to the carpet and the blinds, they now claim they think (so they claim) Lovecraft is the one who had actually done the damage :roll:. Well, that would have broken my little girl's heart. Did they seriously believe my wife and I were going to choose this place over our daughter?
We have since found a place we that is more of a smaller operation, who choose their tenants on a personal basis. So far, the feedback we've gotten sounds good. On top of that, there are families with kids living there, which is a plus for our daughter, as well as a pool and a play set. And to answer your question: yes, I think we can trust this new place. 8) As you hadn't signed the lease, does that mean you are free to leave whenever you like?
Good luck with your situation.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 1:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
If your landlord is connected to a management company, as with my apartment house, then you have every reason to distrust them. To call management companies Nazis would be putting Nazis in a bad light.
As with your experience, things have changed here for the worse. They try to stick you with the bill for repairs, and those repairs are of an inferior quality. They constantly have inspections of our apartments, allegedly looking to make repairs, but in fact to nickel and dime tenants for house keeping issues. But the straw that broke the camel's back came when the manager had threatened our cat, Lovecraft. We had been told in the past that a single pet deposit of four hundred dollars would cover any animals we would have on the premises. Since then, they told us they wanted an extra four hundred. Well, as my daughter is autistic, we got a doctor's note making the cat a companion animal, which would nullify the pet deposit. This was not only denied, but we were told to "get rid of the cat." The reasoning had been, as we had had a cat that we had had to get rid of named Kafka which had done some damage to the carpet and the blinds, they now claim they think (so they claim) Lovecraft is the one who had actually done the damage :roll:. Well, that would have broken my little girl's heart. Did they seriously believe my wife and I were going to choose this place over our daughter?
We have since found a place we that is more of a smaller operation, who choose their tenants on a personal basis. So far, the feedback we've gotten sounds good. On top of that, there are families with kids living there, which is a plus for our daughter, as well as a pool and a play set. And to answer your question: yes, I think we can trust this new place. 8) As you hadn't signed the lease, does that mean you are free to leave whenever you like?
Good luck with your situation.

justkillingtime-

I should have made clear, this response was for you. 8)

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 2:45 pm

I didn't see GMOs, Contrails and New World Order FEMA Death Camps on the list. 8O

XJ220RACER
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2015, 3:31 pm

will@rd wrote:
I didn't see GMOs, Contrails and New World Order FEMA Death Camps on the list. 8O

Yes! I voted "That people in power might be psychopathic idiots in thrall to malevolent special interests that are possibly fans of Thomas Malthus." And I'd like to point out that that is not some "might", not some possibility, it is an absolute fact. Lobbying and cronyism is the beginning and end of this country's problems, how deep and conspiratorial you want to get is up to you, but there should be absolutely no hesitation in assuming the worst of intentions to the people in power. No accusation that could possibly be made should be considered too out of bounds or "crazy".

OP - you have several checkboxes for obnoxious popular social issues (SJW/feminism/white privilege/etc) yet nothing for the environment? Nothing about the melting polar ice caps, Fukushima disaster poisoning the Pacific, China's carelessness spreading all over the world, mass deforestation of tropical rainforests in Asia and South America, etc?

I worry about people not seeing the big picture, and that is one that would look past these shallow and most likely unsolvable human issues towards larger, more all-inclusive issues that effect all creatures on this planet and the planet as a whole.

Last edited by XJ220RACER on 13 Apr 2015, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.