Issues, real and imagined, with Link's Awakening

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 9:43 pm

OK, one issue I had with Link's Awakening was how in the 4th dungeon, if you get/use keys in the wrong order, the game would become impossible to complete. This of course was coming off of beating ALttP, which never had a dungeon like that, and I found the bug particularly disappointing.

This other issue, which I found to be imaginary just tonight, was how I misinterpreted the whole Marin story. When I played through the game in my native language English back in the 90s, right about when it came out, I for some reason was under the impression that Marin was like a mommy figure who was already married. I found the whole romantic subplot with Marin to be creepy when I was a kid. Of course, just tonight I realized that the man I thought was her husband was actually her father and that she, I guess, was maybe around Link's age, so it seems less creepy now.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 11:28 pm

I've never noticed that issue (with the keys), but I know in the very first Zelda, I'll often finish the game with a few more keys than I should have (and I never buy any in shops).