Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

M. Davis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2015, 10:51 am

Hi.

I am Mark and I am a human - who had a condition called Asperger syndrome.
But of more interest was something which compelled me.

I was forced to reinvent the wheel. It was frustrating. I would fixate, think, do my own thing and most times - it was a waste of time.
But sometimes, sometimes it paid off big time.

I have a real revelation - I actually have a theoretical model creating ability. I can differentiate between the model, and the reality. Mathematics is a model of the universe, not the way the universe works. The brain as a computer, the heart as a pump, the lungs as a billows.

The reason I had to reinvent the wheel is that I could NOT accept the assumptions and ideas of others but had to look for myself. If you accept the assumptions, you MUST accept the conclusions and are trapped in the ideas of others.

This is the thing Einstein brought. He was NOT restricted to the ideas of others. He created new models - in mathematics and physics.
I prefer the mind and the body...

When you get the right model - that which used to be impossible becomes possible.
I live in the world of the impossible.

It is a curious world. It is as curious as being an Aspie.

Hi all.

Autisto
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Apr 2015, 10:58 am

Welcome to the community :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 2:41 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Tesla1856
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2015, 2:48 pm

My, that was eloquently and intelligently put!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 8:26 pm

Hey Mark welcome. :sunny:

M. Davis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2015, 4:56 pm

Thank you all.

I am going to add a few points.
One is that when you change your models, the way you view the world changes. There was a BBC show called "the day the universe changed" and it was a historian looking into history when new ideas changed the way that ancient societies worked - and the impact that these new ideas had on them.

With new models, that which is impossible suddenly becomes possible.
I live in a world and I am doing too many things others call impossible. I have new models.

I can write because that part of my brain is now working. I was never very verbal, could not write stories, failed English, had poor marks in things like economics because I could not express myself in English well enough.

Not bad - if I say so myself.
I am not eager to change because change itself is not comfortable. If you get part of your back to move after 25 years - your whole body rebels.
Nonetheless, so far, so good. To date, change has been all positive. The eventual outcomes worth the price.