did you play with human-shaped toys as a child?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 6:18 am

BTW. Anybody here was able to make "pretend play" using random items (stones, bricks, trash, leaf, whatever) as humans? I didn't like this game much but I found it easy to imagine that the thing I'm holding is human-shaped and I didn't really need a doll to participate in doll games.

I discovered the ability it by myself. When I was speaking about this to adults were telling me that's unusual for a kid and other kids were telling me they are unable to do it and I am being weird. I wonder why. Perhaps it got something to do with my face blindness?

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 11:16 pm

I remember playing with an old pipe of my Dad's, My mum always said fancy playing with a dirty old pipe.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 3:35 am

I had a collection of realistic looking animal toys, mostly horses, which I used most. I also had a couple of barbies, but didn't like them as much. And now that I think about it, whenever I used one of the barbies it was only one, and she was alone with the animals. Never two people interacting with each other in my imaginations.

Andrei8910
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Apr 2015, 3:48 am

i have batman toy's before. i love batman i also have one of it that made of Lego.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Apr 2015, 4:23 am

I have two younger brothers with in 3 years of me and spent a lot of time doing outdoors stuff and visiting relatives as a kid so I was pretty stimulated most of the time, I was always the type that could entertain myself so my parents never really bought me that many toys. I had like some dinosaur figures or whatever and a bunch of beanie babies that everyone collected in the 90s that me and my brother played war with, not human per se but a human action I guess.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 5:17 am

Kiriae wrote:
BTW. Anybody here was able to make "pretend play" using random items (stones, bricks, trash, leaf, whatever) as humans? I didn't like this game much but I found it easy to imagine that the thing I'm holding is human-shaped and I didn't really need a doll to participate in doll games.

I discovered the ability it by myself. When I was speaking about this to adults were telling me that's unusual for a kid and other kids were telling me they are unable to do it and I am being weird. I wonder why. Perhaps it got something to do with my face blindness?

I had. Even at my age in some random occasions. With pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners, my own fingers (without any drawings on it, and its the mostly used), tools, utensils, matches/candles (either lit or unlit), papers (mostly folded ones). And many more I may or may not remember.
Just almost everything I could touch, hold, lift with one hand, and easily hidden. Also, I never named any of them, I won't let anyone knew I'm playing it, and I don't play those with anyone else with it, ever.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2015, 9:57 pm

I liked figures (human and otherwise) and stuffed animals mostly. I had toy cars but those were of lesser interests. I actually still buy figures and stuffed animals.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 2:31 am

No! Toys that look like humans are creepy as hell.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 1:19 pm

As a kid I would play with my cousin's collections of He-Man action figures, even though they were supposed to be for boys. I did get a few She-Ra dolls when they came out, but my mom was starting to think I was getting to old for toys after I turned 12.
Too old for toys!? NEVER!!

Of course, humanoid toys that are more cartoony are usually a lot less creepy-looking. I've seen those baby dolls made for adults that look too real, and it's like they're dead with their frozen, glassy-eyed little faces. As a kid I once had a doll that was kind of like that called Real Baby. I really liked the doll even though else said it looked creepy, but not long ago I had a unpleasant dream where a dead baby dressed in doll clothes was in my bedroom, and I didn't know for sure if I had actually somehow killed it and was a murderer. Not fun. :(

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Sep 2015, 3:57 am

I had a barbie doll when I was about 6 but I beheaded it, tore the limbs off and ripped the bones out of the limbs.
I also had a raggedy ann that I tore the limbs off of and ripped the hair out. When I was 16 I made a rag doll with blond hair and blue eyes. I had her till she fell apart from dry rot.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 4:00 am

Just LEGO folk... Wait... You said as a CHILD...

Well whatever. :lol:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

tuffy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2015, 6:12 pm

I had a plushie doll that I called Papa Lars after my somewhat distant dad... Don't tell my shrink!

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 10:29 pm

No human shaped toys (such an odd way to describe them) when I was a lad. It was building blocks and a metal girder set to make machines. Also toy trucks and cars, I was quite fond of Corgi cars when father could afford to purchase one.

Myriad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2015, 10:48 pm

No. It was always animal plushies and other non-humanoid objects for me. I actually hated dolls and fake babies.

AQ: 39 / 50

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 11:40 pm

What is wrong with these sick, twisted children who pull the limbs off of dolls???

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2015, 6:37 am

Yes, I played with human-shaped toys like action figures, Playmobil, animals that were sort of human shaped and dolls (although they did a lot of fighting and other stuff, not a lot of girly-girly playing), but also cars and animals plushies and figurines. I even played with markers and cards. The animal toys I played with didn't act like animals though, they really talked and acted like people, even my cars interacted and fought as well as drove and raced.

My favorites were cars and animal plushies (both typically animal looking and human shaped ones with legs and arms and animal head).

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765