Do people with Aspeger's listen to old music?

Page 4 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 11:32 pm

if he wasn't so obnoxious in his behavior, I would not even think of him.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 11:38 pm

He's hardly the only obnoxious celebrity out there. He just gets more press time because people either love him or love to hate him... people eat that s**t up.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 11:42 pm

yes, he's conveniently hateable :lol:

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 4:08 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Everyone loves to hate Bieber, but he's just a product of the masses, and he's far from being the only sh***y pop star.

This. There has been sh***y pop music for as long as the very notion of pop music has existed. I remember hating some of the s**t I heard growing up in the late 90s and early 2000s. And guess what? People try to claim it's better than modern pop! Not. :P

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 9:20 am

tl;dr I do feel a little curious about how Bieber ended up in this thread, but I guess old is the new new.

If you liked the Sex Pistols or like PIL, check out the episode of Talk to Al Jazeera with John Lydon. I consider it one of the finest interviews I've ever seen, and would probably appeal to even people who don't care about Punk and New Wave.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 9:29 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Everyone loves to hate Bieber, but he's just a product of the masses, and he's far from being the only sh***y pop star.

I thought that was a prerequisite for being a pop star. I mean to be popular you have to sell out any form of creativity, direction, and voice to reach the maximum amount of people, just like a politician. i.e. a sh***y person.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 1:14 am

How about some truly "old" music? The term can be pretty relative.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 1:16 am

presently I'm listening to some bennie moten, a band that count basie got his start in, on keyboards.

WednesdayWoe1
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jun 2015, 1:42 am

I enjoy music from the 1920s until now. Most of my friends and acquaintances listen to 'old' music, though. I enjoy a lot of contemporary music, even contemporary pop but some use sounds (that I can't properly describe) that my ears either can't stand or seem to make me feel queasy (even older music sometimes affects me this way but I find it more prominent in pop music from the last 10 years, maybe).

I definitely went through a phase where I thought I was too 'cool' for contemporary music. (Just a note: I've literally never been cool haha) But I eventually realised I should just listen to whatever appeals to me. Often, that's not what's most popular or what's current, but sometimes it is.

...I think I may have gone off on a slight tangent, here.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 1:51 am

WednesdayWoe1 wrote:
I enjoy music from the 1920s until now. Most of my friends and acquaintances listen to 'old' music, though. I enjoy a lot of contemporary music, even contemporary pop but some use sounds (that I can't properly describe) that my ears either can't stand or seem to make me feel queasy (even older music sometimes affects me this way but I find it more prominent in pop music from the last 10 years, maybe).

I definitely went through a phase where I thought I was too 'cool' for contemporary music. (Just a note: I've literally never been cool haha) But I eventually realised I should just listen to whatever appeals to me. Often, that's not what's most popular or what's current, but sometimes it is.

you might then do a google search for "KUOW-94.9 FM seattle, "the swing years and beyond."

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 2:11 am

WednesdayWoe1 wrote:

Well, how does this 1920's music strike you?

Or is more "popular" old music the only music of any interest to the folks in this thread?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 2:14 am

jazz age stuff holds an appeal for me, I believe in a previous lifetime I listened to that music at the height of its currency :dj:

MLG4Ever
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jun 2015, 5:45 am

I like all kinds of music really and somehow 40's music makes me calm

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 1:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if he wasn't so obnoxious in his behavior, I would not even think of him.

I'm happy I don't even know why he's hated. That's how much attention I pay to pop culture. Ignorance is bliss.