Am/was hyper and not necessarily like it 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
am/was hyper, and it bothers me 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
never been hyper 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 15

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 4:00 am

I was super hyperactive in my youth. my supervisor at mcdonald asked me if I have a condition that is causing "all this nervous energy. it's not a good kind of energy." it stopped when I reached my late thirties because when growing old, you dont have the strength anymore. it was fun while it lasted. I liked it.

it also helps on the job and helps get things done fast. it gives a pace to life.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 8:54 pm

Hyper? You mean when you run around instead of sitting still and can't focus on anything for more than-ooh, shiny!

Seriously, no I am not really hyper. That doesn't mean I always sit or stand in one place and listen, though. Like when I go to a store with someone, I usually wander off as soon as I can. When they take 20 minutes just to decide what pantyhose they want to get, it's hard not to. I also find it hard to play long board games or sit through movies and I even have a hard time reading really long books although I did manage t read The Order of the Phoenix all the way through.

Sometimes I wish I were more hyper because then I'd be energetic and might actually enjoy physical activity. No one cares how good you are at activities that require your brain, especially if you're overweight.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

18 Apr 2015, 8:55 pm

Yes. My parents can't stand it; they just don't respect it. UGH.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 9:00 pm

I love the rush from being hyper. The only time I have ever dreaded it was when I had to ride to Washington, D.C. With my family. A seven hour ride in the car while hyper..I'll leave the rest to imagination :|

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 1:01 am

I have never been hyper at all. I'm hypo.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 7:59 am

You should have seen me when I was under 10. I was super hyper active. I was always running around and jumping on furniture and just acting crazy. Not to mention I would say pretty much say anything I thought of at the time. As iv'e gotten older, iv'e died down and now most of my problems are with ADD.

Lol some guy at my old dishwashing job gave me a glass of monster energy drink one time back in October 2014 and I was bouncing off walls and singing to myself and just acting crazy. Then the effects wore off when I was going to bed and I felt terrible and super depressed for no reason.

ginacc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2015, 2:12 pm

I can be, I can't seem to keep control of any emotion if it gets too big. Too happy or excited leads to hyperactively skipping, running and flapping, most recently in IKEA.
(I like how they build little houses and apartments. Its like a giant dolls house)
Its fun and enjoyable but a tad scary because I can't stop. So as long as I just go with it I'm happyhappy :jester: :D

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 3:17 pm

No, and they annoy me.

Reminds me of jittery prey animals, or monkeys.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 3:39 pm

Yep, I can be hyper. When I was little, I couldn't sit still, even to read a book--I loved to walk and run around, thinking thoughts. I still love to do this. I'm almost always fidgeting. Sometimes when I'm just sitting there reading a book, I will think an interesting thought and have to get up and pace because I just can't stay sitting down anymore. I get more hyper when I'm happy, excited, or nervous.

lyzpg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Apr 2015, 3:46 pm

Yes. I was hyper as a child and I'm hyper now, just with different manifestations (I can't exactly run around and climb on desks without losing my job, but take papers from X to Y all day and you're being productive. People :roll: )