Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 7:41 pm

Tollorin wrote:

While I may not agree with them on many issues, I don't try to denigrate them by calling them "just plain crazy". I find that practice to be highly objectionable. The usual result is that I think less of the person calling names than I do of those they are calling names.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 7:53 pm

eric76 wrote:
Tollorin wrote:

While I may not agree with them on many issues, I don't try to denigrate them by calling them "just plain crazy". I find that practice to be highly objectionable. The usual result is that I think less of the person calling names than I do of those they are calling names.

I don't call them crazy, I call the movement they are part off crazy.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 8:03 pm

Keep in mind that the USA is a failing state, and failed states tend to ultimately produce such movements. Germany produced the Nazis after two periods of massive hyperinflation had left most of the nation starving and scouring the countryside for food. Hitler promised a revival of the German Empire ("reich" means "empire" in German) which he then financed with debt. Faced with a THIRD economic collapse in a quarter century, Hitler elected to kill the bankers and thus wipe out Germany's debt. The bankers got out in time, so the Nazis went after the common Jew who had little or no connection to the financial elites. And then there's Afghanistan, where years of chaos gave rise to the Taliban, a movement similar to Christian Dominionism. In both cases you see economic chaos leading to the rise of extremists who promise to wipe out the Other in order to save the nation.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 8:40 pm

Government does not have the right to give people tax credits for each child they have. That's discrimination.

Either tax everyone or tax no one.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 9:24 pm

In my opinion, a Dominionist movement that comes to power is likely to launch World War III, putting our country in a position not all that different from Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan. At first we will seem threatening to the entire world, but you know how it ends. With nuclear weapons, things might end much worse for us.

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 9:37 pm

I wouldn't liken Cruz to Hitler. Der Führer wouldn't have stood in front of a group of farmers and told them that he planned to cut ag-subsidies.

I also wouldn't spare Democrats from blame, since they haven't been innocent when it comes to making promises that can't be kept and then blaming creditors.

I spent about six months on the Minneapolis mayoral election in 2005, which was largely a referendum on Mayor Rybak's policy of paying down debt that was left over from the previous mayor's failed tax-increment-financing (corporate welfare) programs. I was stunned by how much frothing-mouthed vitriol was directed at a sitting Democratic mayor for a policy that strengthened city government in the long term.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 9:39 pm

I guess stories about lizard people running the NWO have gone out of fashion ... :lol:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 12:17 am

Tollorin wrote:

I consider these people to be operatives of what I call Christian Sharia Law and I have no doubt if they ever were enabled, they would inflict Christian Sharia Law, straight from the pages of the Bible, on the land.

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 12:43 am

I tried reading the article you posted a link to, but the first paragraph confused me.
I was not aware that such people existed.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Apr 2015, 1:28 am

That article doesn't say anything about Ted Cruz, just some glancing guilt by association because his dad is a preacher and that he appeals to the religious right with the rest being some some weird paranoid fantasy about secret Christian fascist conspiracy.

Evangelicals are Americans too and it is their right to vote the same as all of us, turns out most of them support a small constitutional government and want to be left alone. Oh the humanity!

FWIW there are elements of the left in this country that openly advocate the Cloward-Piven strategy, Obamacare was basically sold to them as just that. So who do we have more to fear? Who has more to gain by collapsing the entire system?

Cruz is too socially conservative and a warmonger for my taste but he's better than as someone who follows Republican politics trust me when I say there are far far guys in the party, I probably wouldn't vote for him but I recognize him as probably one of if not the most intelligent politicians we have in government. This guy is no Dubya or Rick Perry and perhaps that's why he scares some on the left so much, instead of having real debate about issues that matter most rather partake in branding and fear mongering.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 1:39 am

Fear not, I am wary of that man, and all he stands for.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:49 am

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Sigh..........
Cruz aint getting elected.
We'll either get another democrat or a RINO.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 6:30 am

Raptor wrote:
Sigh..........

RINOs and DINOs are fine with me. The terms tell me they are in the center and I think the center is a good place for a president to be.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Apr 2015, 11:32 am

Janissy wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Sigh..........

RINOs and DINOs are fine with me. The terms tell me they are in the center and I think the center is a good place for a president to be.

You should stop looking at politics as right and left, "the center" or RINO/DINOs as it is defined in this country encompasses people like John McCain and Hillary Clinton. Are they not extreme? To me, they're the most dangerous people in the country.

This idea that the "right" and "left" in this country are these diametrically opposing forces is false, there isn't a terrible amount of difference and the ones we put in this RINO/DINO/centrist camp are usually just big government corporatist authoritarian warmongers, the absolute worst of everything. Its a rigged game, we only have the illusion of choice. I agree with the so called far left way more than I do "centrists"

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 12:41 pm

I'm just waiting for some liberal to threaten to immolate themself if Cruz (or any other republican) gets elected.
I'll even supply the gasoline and cigarette lighter.