Any other women with both Aspergers and C-PTSD?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Princess Adora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2015, 2:45 am

Hi I'm wondering if there any other ladies who have both Aspergers and C-PTSD I have these along with anxiety I just wanna know if there is anyone else with the conditions?

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 8:14 am

Me. Apparently.

Princess Adora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2015, 8:21 am

Kiriae wrote:
Me. Apparently.

Yeah I have it due to having both trauma from school and a abusive alcholic father plus many other things I'm still struggle with sharing with other people

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 9:14 am

Princess Adora wrote:
Kiriae wrote:
Me. Apparently.

Yeah I have it due to having both trauma from school and a abusive alcholic father plus many other things I'm still struggle with sharing with other people

Same story. Trauma from school and abusive alcoholic father. But I am not sure if there is anything more in my case but I guess those two things are enough. :lol: But at least I don't have much problem with it. Logical mind and poor memory about what happened in my early life is a bless. All I have to deal with are flashback emotions in some situations. And poor attachment in relationships.

Unico
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Apr 2015, 1:48 pm

Fluttershy!! ! <3

I am 32 years old, diagnosed on autism spectrum (HFA/"severe" Asperger's) with PTSD/C-PTSD due to abusive and crazy alcoholic father mainly, but delayed onset when I had a stalker in college. I have severe Panic Disorder, which is my biggest issue now, and GAD to a lesser degree. My PTSD is A LOT better than it was 10 years ago. I did a lot of therapy, which helped a little and made me feel validated, more than anything. Time really helped (my father died two days before I turned 18 so, needless to say, he's out of my life, which makes it easier).

Flannel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Apr 2015, 7:03 pm

Yes, I find having ASD gets my head stuck in the C-PSTD more than l'd like. The access to identifying feelings is not straightforward. That makes things like therapies "How do you feel" for CBT and the like more challenging...I find I get frustrated too easily with myself and I internalize and that's really self-harming. Overall, I'm getting help for this, but it is not an easy road because the trauma happened very early in my life.

alicce
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2015, 9:00 am

Flannel wrote:
Yes, I find having ASD gets my head stuck in the C-PSTD more than l'd like. The access to identifying feelings is not straightforward. That makes things like therapies "How do you feel" for CBT and the like more challenging...I find I get frustrated too easily with myself and I internalize and that's really self-harming. Overall, I'm getting help for this, but it is not an easy road because the trauma happened very early in my life.

exactly

youareallfigmentsofmyimagination
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 May 2015, 4:32 pm

i have both diagnosed aspergers and ptsd (never went to the psych long enough to find out if complex), time, education and lots of therapy are helping me deal with life but it does get hard at time. i am just glad to be learning how to deal with some of it

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 4:51 pm

Yup