Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2015, 10:40 pm

I saw a girl in a musical this year. She was /a d o r a b l e/ with a cute nose and cheeks. She smiled at me, too.

Now I've seen her again, and I get this feeling in my chest, this thrilled feeling. I want to know what it would be like to kiss her... The thought made my cheeks burn.

I am a teenage girl who experiences attraction to guys. I wonder if I sometimes brush off homoerotic attractions as admiration or a "squish" and misinterpret heteroerotic attractions as, well, attraction.

I definitely love guys, but I don't want to date one. I would like to date a girl more... But perhaps I'm just another "bi/pan/poly teenager".

:(

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2015, 10:18 pm

Don't worry about labels. Labels can be applied wrong. Even when they are applied correctly, labels focus on a specific part of you. The entirety of your person is not a collection of labels. Labels are only a system of classifying people who share particular traits. They do not define you. And the only bad labels are the ones applied incorrectly or negatively.
That aside, figuring out your sexuality is a part of figuring out who you are as a person. A task which most teenagers struggle with. Don't rush it. Too many people do and lead unfulfilled lives. Realizing who you are to the deepest level involves facing your flaws honestly. There will be pain. So don't rush it. But your sexuality doesn't have to be deep or painful. Remember to remain open to possibilities and the answer (for lack of a better word) will eventually come to you.