Asperger Syndrome: 50 facts about having mild autism

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Captain Quirk
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Apr 2015, 7:21 am

Misery wrote:
I could ramble on about it, but you get the idea. I just thought I'd comment a bit, since you'd explained that particular thing in a great way, which I've never been able to do when trying to explain it a bit myself.

Great blog overall, by the way. You have a talent for it, I see.

Thanks for sharing your story! :) Good to know that similar experiences are out there, and I'm not the only one who was discouraged from them despite the good they were secretly doing. Thanks too for your compliments about the blog. :D

mollisol wrote:
Love it! It's perfect! I can so relate to that list...!

Thanks! :D It helps to know we're not alone, at the same time as being refreshingly different to each other as envirozentinel says.

envirozentinel wrote:
I can't seem to think straight when stressed, as shown in my own blog post below: :lol

haha! Reminds me of this comic strip. ;)
http://xkcd.com/530/

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 9:35 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Thank you for your enlightening post, Misery! Indeed there's no reason that we should all look the same, and the fact that I was recently unsure of your gender from your image, shows that you succeeded in your point!

I can identify with most of the 50 points, or at least empathize with the ones I don't find personally applicable.

Let's celebrate uniqueness!

I can't seem to think straight when stressed, as shown in my own blog post below: :lol:

https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... -bathroom/

Oh gods, I'd almost forgotten about having posted that photo. I'm surprised you remember that. Though, considering my own memory... I'm surprised anyone remembers anything.

And yeah, I seriously just dont understand the need so many people have to specifically have their appearance set to "conform" to the social norm. It just BUGS me. And it can mess with those that dont want to do it. Like for males... the constant need to appear masculine/manly, stuff like that, usually with short hair, often a bit unshaved, and of course many like to go for a "strong" look... which is fine, it looks good on many people, but definitely not for me. And of course it then leads to nothing but trouble... I've had bullying in the past (this taking place well AFTER highschool back when I used to work) due to an androgynous/girly appearance, because it doesnt fit the damn masculine norm. And I'm not even wearing like, girl's clothing or anything, but they STILL harp on me for it.

I just... ugh. I dont get it. Everyone does SO MANY things just because everyone else does. From appearance, to drinking or smoking, to... whatever. Even if it's something really damn stupid, GOTTA FIT THE NORM! Bah.

Also I read your blog posts as well, I like things like that, blogs that are actually relevant to me are oddly rare. Your is well written as well. And you're definitely not the only one that cant think when stressed! I've got a short fuse and get more and more incoherent the more incensed I get... usually due to electronics and such messing up... and I absolutely WILL stand there and shout at the blasted things for 5 minutes if I get enraged enough, as if that accomplishes anything. Or I might just bang on them a bunch. And THEN I will notice.... that I didnt plug the damn thing in. Oops. Fortunately nobody is usually around to see when THAT one happens....

....and I do the phone thing frequently. I often think the entire purpose of cell phones is to make me search for them. Just like the purpose of my CAR is to eat the phone so that it somehow ends up between or under the seats where I cant... quite... get at it.

Captain Quirk wrote:
Misery wrote:
I could ramble on about it, but you get the idea. I just thought I'd comment a bit, since you'd explained that particular thing in a great way, which I've never been able to do when trying to explain it a bit myself.

Great blog overall, by the way. You have a talent for it, I see.

Thanks for sharing your story! :) Good to know that similar experiences are out there, and I'm not the only one who was discouraged from them despite the good they were secretly doing. Thanks too for your compliments about the blog. :D

Yeah, people seem so quick to discourage that sort of thing. Particularly parents... I think alot of us here have probably heard "You're too old for that now! Grow up!" or similar things back during childhood. Or "you're supposed to be THIS way, so stop doing THAT thing!". And it's just impossible to get people to understand things like this. Just a very bizarre, silly thing to them. Sigh.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Apr 2015, 10:02 am

Oh yeah, do you know how often my cell phone has slipped from my pocket in someone's car and landed in a mysterious no man's land between the car door and under the seat - it's somewhere there but as inaccessible as it it were down a manhole until you can stop somewhere and start the search party... I try not to wear any trousers or shorts without buttons or velcro to close the pocket, or find another place, but one forgets sometimes.

I have extremely religiously conservative (fundamentalist) mother and stepfather but at least they are supportive towards me when I have problems. But she's always going on about things I tend to like - for instance pictures of the sun with a face, tattoos (like some of them but wouldn't have one myself), people that stay together without getting married, the entire gay scene, various books and movies - all grist to her mill.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/