so, i'm filling out my ACT form and...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 9:01 pm

i get to the part about school activities or contributing to my community. every time i filled in a No oval with my pencil i became more and more annoyed. i couldn't really participate in school activities if i wanted to because i live about 25 minutes from the and my parents won't like the idea of having to pick up my friend and then coming to pick me up in thirty mins. or so. besides none of the clubs really interested me...i know i could make a club at school but i don't have the time or really care to. who else had this problem with the ACT form?

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 9:14 pm

Me, but I got a 29 on that thing so it doesn't really bother me anymore.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 9:22 pm

yeah...i'm not a great test taker so i'll have to retake the test a couple of times.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Drakeman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2007, 9:32 pm

I feel asleep during the ACT and penciled in random answers. Granted, I made an 1100 on my SAT before hand, so don't ever do that. But I here you on the difficulty taking tests part. My advice is to get plenty of rest the night before, eat a great breakfast, drink some Red Bull/Coffee, and look at it from a logical point of view: One bad score won't pull you down, just dump your knowledge into the questions asked and, if you're brain is hitting it's stride, you should do well enough to reach you're collegiate goal.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 10:37 pm

Make a high score on it and the scholarship people start relying less on community service things. I scored 30, which isn't really that high, but it got me some good scholarships that pay about half my tuition, all in all. It was also the third time I took the test. The first time I took it I made 24, so it's a good idea to retake it.