Any REAL work from home jobs out there?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 6:51 pm

99% ask for fluency in other languages. I like in the U.S. and struggled with learning Spanish. I speak english only yet most call centers (which is what I'm finding from even real ones) ask for a fluency in another language. I tried 3 from my cousin again another language. Checked 2 from here (from my other post) another language. Any help to find one that's not a TOTAL scam? Any tips for REAL online jobs? Thank You.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 6:53 pm

Apple customer service.

They will even send you a current gen iMac to do your work on.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 7:33 pm

Amazon's Mechanical Turk is real. Most of the tasks only pay a tiny amount, however. It won't be enough to live on, but it can make you enough to buy your holiday presents. I used to do podcast transcription there a few years ago. Here's the link: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 4:01 am

transcription work can be done from home indeed, and i know of a few who did helpdesk work from home while i was in college.
they'd be in the common room playing Xbox with their headsets on, and if called turn around to their laptop behind them in order to help.
Now, becouse this wasn't in a native-english country, you get your non-english language proficiency for free, and in holland, we learn 2 others in school, so that's english and 3 more languages which you can bring to the table.

if you only know english, it'll be harder, since there are so many who can do that, and those with non-english languages also have english, so it's a 2-for-1; hard to beat that deal

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 11:28 am

I once did results ratings for a major search engine. It was totally work from home on my own schedule with no direct human interaction. Though demanding, the opportunity was quite real.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 11:39 am

I work at home as a programmer. One could also do contract/freelance work from home where you are not attached to any company. All the taxed and benies then are up to you.

ElsaFlowers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2015, 3:37 am

I have an eBay business but unfortunately this doesn't make enough for me to live on. It is possible to make this work though as plenty of people do.

Duku
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 May 2015, 12:57 pm

After a recent series of anger outbursts (on tornado levels, if one should compare my anger levels to natural disasters this one classifies my anger type most), and an increase in introversion levels (which almost doubled since last time I took the MBTI (Myers Briggs test) I am definitely ok with working from home...

This way we can let those NT guys have their world..... and as for me they can keep it

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 1:08 pm

There is: https://jobs.alpineaccess.com

skydancer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2015, 4:39 pm

You might consider the direct marketing company Jeunesse Global. I bought some of this companies products to help out a friend of mine. Of course, being an Aspie, I research everything heavily before making decisions. This company has the stem cell research to back up their claims. I was still skeptical, but was amazed after two weeks of using their products how effective they are. The skin care line with adult stem cells cured my psoriasis & is also proven to cure acne & other skin problems. It makes your skin glow. The nutritional supplements are amazing with weight loss products that make you feel great & stop cravings. They have a supplement with TA-65 that lengthens telomeres to stop aging. They also have an instant gratification product, a cream that is an instant Botox that lasts 8 hours. This makes them an easy sell even if you are not the best at selling. The company actually pays generously & has a very low start up cost. They just launched in US recently so it would be best to join soon most likely. They give you a website so you can sell it online if that is what your prefer.
Check out my website at
WildBlueLotus.JeunesseGlobal.com

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 1:40 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
Amazon's Mechanical Turk is real. Most of the tasks only pay a tiny amount, however. It won't be enough to live on, but it can make you enough to buy your holiday presents. I used to do podcast transcription there a few years ago. Here's the link: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

Actually, if you have the skills, you can make some okay money doing copy/technical writing there...

BUT, it does take a while to get qualified for those jobs.

Otherwise, mTurk is a tedious grind.

Tori0326
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2015, 12:00 am

I work from home as an application developer for a large healthcare company.

Some companies have call center operators who work from home. Medical transcription is also a legit work from home job.