Another study finds no vaccine/autism link

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 7:02 pm

Autism Occurrence by MMR Vaccine Status Among US Children With Older Siblings With and Without Autism - The Journal of the American Medical Association - April 21, 2015

Quote:
In this large sample of privately insured children with older siblings, receipt of the MMR vaccine was not associated with increased risk of ASD, regardless of whether older siblings had ASD. These findings indicate no harmful association between MMR vaccine receipt and ASD even among children already at higher risk for ASD

Next study topic. Link between authoritative studies showing no link between vaccination and autism and lowering of vaccination rates.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

hilaryy_renee_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2015, 12:53 am

I heard about this earlier on the news today, and I wasn't really surprised, because it's not true. My mother happens to be very knowledgeable in the medical field and she researches very deeply and thoroughly into studies and information like this. She told me that this is considered to be a lie, and that it's all just propaganda. When it comes to topics like this, I definitely believe what she is saying because she knows what she's talking about.
Just wanted to let you and everyone else know this, no disrespect at all to anyone here.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 11:22 am

hilaryy_renee_ wrote:
I heard about this earlier on the news today, and I wasn't really surprised, because it's not true. My mother happens to be very knowledgeable in the medical field and she researches very deeply and thoroughly into studies and information like this. She told me that this is considered to be a lie, and that it's all just propaganda. When it comes to topics like this, I definitely believe what she is saying because she knows what she's talking about.
Just wanted to let you and everyone else know this, no disrespect at all to anyone here.

Other than your mother, considered a lie by whom? Anti-vaxers? What legitimate doctors cast any doubt on this study?

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 9:23 am

hilaryy_renee_ wrote:

By very knowledgable, does that mean actually having a degree in the field and doing research into this specific subject? Because I am very knowledgable about history but I am not a historian, just an interested amateur. There is quite a difference.