Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 7:25 pm

Yes it is. Using highly addictive mind-altering psycho-actives to treat mental or emotional-symptoms is akin to trying to change the structure of the CPU in a computer for programming abnormalities when the software isn't even located inside the CPU.

Feeling better when taking said drugs is like feeling better when one sniffs cocaine or heroine, sure you feel better, because its effects are needed to ward off the withdrawal-symptoms, but that is more indicative of drug-addiction than it is to do with your body receiving any kind of genuine repair.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 1:55 am

You're correct

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2015, 10:08 am

Yes. And its also the best that we have for people with truly disabling and life threatening diseases. Major depression disorder can kill you just as much as cancer. The drugs we use for cancer are also highly harmful and based on a whole lot of guess-work. But people don't question cancer drugs because we don't have the same stigma around this disease.

I would also say that there is an overuse of psychiatric drugs because we don't have a diffinative way of saying that you really have a very significant mental illness. Many times they are used when a person really needs to make adjustments to their lifestyle.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 12:41 pm

Cancer has already been well-researched by non-drug-dealers/pushers and it's been found to be curable as well as preventable (See: Vitamin B12). If anything it's the over-exposure to X-Rays that trigger cancers. It's also been known by independent research-sources that cancer only occurs in people whose blood Ph-levels are too low (something like 5 or 6 and below).

Additionally, cancer is a NORMAL process of the body, what is NOT normal is when its natural-cycle of aptosis is disabled, and there have been various forms of identified forms of cancer, one of them being that of a Fungus.

Cancer has NEVER been an "epidemic" prior to WWII (and the reasons seem karmically related to the Atomic-Bomb and possibly even other life-times that related/affected people have had perhaps in other realms of existence whether it be from other planets within this universe or entirely different universes altogether but I'll go over the rationale behind my "woo" on another day).

tagnacious wrote:
Yes. And its also the best that we have for people with truly disabling and life threatening diseases. Major depression disorder can kill you just as much as cancer. The drugs we use for cancer are also highly harmful and based on a whole lot of guess-work. But people don't question cancer drugs because we don't have the same stigma around this disease.

I would also say that there is an overuse of psychiatric drugs because we don't have a diffinative way of saying that you really have a very significant mental illness. Many times they are used when a person really needs to make adjustments to their lifestyle.

Major depression doesn't kill you. Your reactions & thoughts that direct you into inflict self-harm upon yourself are what kills you. When you are unable to control your thoughts, you are unable to control your emotions, because the thoughts we have largely contribute to our emotions. For such case it would be better to under-go hypno-therapy. I would agree that there's an absolute over-prescription of psycho-actives.

Cancer is completely preventable simply by eating the correct, healthy, and fresh foods (such as fruits & vegetables with the exception of diabetics in regards to most fruits) rather than always drinking sugar-waters (i.e.: soft-drinks/sodas/pop/etc), rather than consuming a lot of unhealthy or processed foods/ingredients (like candies & chocolates & ice-creams & sugars & cakes & etc), etc. People with cancer have frequently consumed a lot of those sugar-drinks through their lives which doesn't exactly help their immune-systems either.

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2015, 5:38 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Cancer has already been well-researched by non-drug-dealers/pushers and it's been found to be curable as well as preventable (See: Vitamin B12). If anything it's the over-exposure to X-Rays that trigger cancers. It's also been known by independent research-sources that cancer only occurs in people whose blood Ph-levels are too low (something like 5 or 6 and below).

Additionally, cancer is a NORMAL process of the body, what is NOT normal is when its natural-cycle of aptosis is disabled, and there have been various forms of identified forms of cancer, one of them being that of a Fungus.

Cancer has NEVER been an "epidemic" prior to WWII (and the reasons seem karmically related to the Atomic-Bomb and possibly even other life-times that related/affected people have had perhaps in other realms of existence whether it be from other planets within this universe or entirely different universes altogether but I'll go over the rationale behind my "woo" on another day).
tagnacious wrote:

Major depression doesn't kill you. Your reactions & thoughts that direct you into inflict self-harm upon yourself are what kills you. When you are unable to control your thoughts, you are unable to control your emotions, because the thoughts we have largely contribute to our emotions. For such case it would be better to under-go hypno-therapy. I would agree that there's an absolute over-prescription of psycho-actives.

Cancer is completely preventable simply by eating the correct, healthy, and fresh foods (such as fruits & vegetables with the exception of diabetics in regards to most fruits) rather than always drinking sugar-waters (i.e.: soft-drinks/sodas/pop/etc), rather than consuming a lot of unhealthy or processed foods/ingredients (like candies & chocolates & ice-creams & sugars & cakes & etc), etc. People with cancer have frequently consumed a lot of those sugar-drinks through their lives which doesn't exactly help their immune-systems either.

I'm an alternative health practitioner with a graduate degree in acupuncture. I have 20 years of education in the use of herbs and supplements. I LOVE hypnotherpy and energy work and all of it. And I have to say that you are totally wrong on many counts. I'm not going to get in it with you because life is too short for online arguments and its not on topic. But WOW. Have you been reading this stuff on healthwatchnews.com? Because they and many other webpages are spreading a lot of misinformation.

I hope you never have to experience how wrong you are about cancer being simple to prevent and cure. And that you never discover a depression so deep that hypno-therapy can't even come close to digging you out.

And I'd like to apologize to the folks reading this who do have cancer and depression and any other difficult disease. I didn't mean for my comment to bring out this kind of anti-truth and I'm sorry people in my profession have set up web pages that teach these kinds of things to unsuspecting lay people.

Kate.com
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2015, 5:56 pm

Psychiatry had it wrong for me calling all the typical signs of aspergers only for bipolar--which I'm not entirely sure I have.

I've been miserable taking the meds. Just made me feel numb on the surface.

Listening to my best friend who bugged me for about a year to look into aspergers as she's known 2 other peeps with it, I thought okay.

Reading up, taking the tests. Comparing notes with family, especially my mom who also said my dad had the aspergers, I shake my head at what time I've wasted with faulty diagnoses.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 7:06 pm

Listen, sir, a "degree" does not automatically make you an "expert" on a topic (that just means you're book-learned). I also have to say that I am NOT "totally wrong" on many counts as I have PERSONALLY dealt with people with various conditions, I had a dad who was a doctor, who died of cancer three years ago, and I have SEEN FOR MYSELF the life-style habits and eating-habits of the healthy versus the unhealthy (I am also going to recommend you do some catching up Dr. Weston Price's research which I would certainly HOPE that you know by now IF you are truly in the "alternative" medical-field).

tagnacious wrote:
I hope you never have to experience how wrong you are about cancer being simple to prevent and cure. And that you never discover a depression so deep that hypno-therapy can't even come close to digging you out.

I also happen to live in a community that is full of medical-practitioners (many of them being "alternative") and one of them just recently retired due to reaching close to the age of 90 (yes he worked his clinic even past the age of 80). That man has been through a lot of "accredited" institutions but is also VERY knowledge-able about how medical-schools "indoctrinate" its students with MANY medical-falsities & over-promote a drug-pushing agenda.

I never said that cancer was simple to cure but it IS simple to prevent IF you have the right information & resources & life-style (unless you're living a typical Westerner's metro-politan life-style then in which case it can probably be difficult due to the amount of mis-information & dis-information that's been disseminated into the public as well as the fact that the vast majority of America's food & water-supplies are actually poisoned). I have gone through extreme negative-emotions during my life so I KNOW what goes on in the "minds" of people who are "affected/infected" by that kind of mental/emotional-contamination.

Also, much as anybody who is dealing with cancer wont' want to hear this, the suffering is related to karmic-influences. Ultimately, our existence is spiritual, and there is but one immutable rule to life: Everything that we or our servants cause others to experience will also be what we will be made to experience.

The fact of cancer only becoming an epidemic after WWII is no accident, and for all we know, many of the people currently suffering from cancer may have been supporters of dropping the atomic-bomb on multitudes in a past life (not to mention the fact that the payment of taxes towards a punitive-system means that we are complicit to the punishments that are meted out upon others which will also come back to haunt us at some point or another in the future). Evidence ? Several hypno-therapists in the past, who originally set out to "de-bunk" the reincarnation-myth, only ended up finding evidence of its existence (it's actually more complex than this but I'm just going to call it reincarnation for simplicity). What goes on in the world and in our lives is more "para-normal" than most people are able to admit or believe, but the evidence is well-documented, and the researchers have shown great integrity.

I will cite some publications so that people can get up-to-speed on some of the history of the field of psychical-research:
* "30 Years Among the Dead" -Dr. Carl Wickland
* "You Cannot Die: The Incredible Findings of a Century of Research on Death" -Ian Currie

The names of the hypno-therapists and the details of their research are documented in Chapter 7 of Ian Currie's book, although he makes the incredible claim that reincarnation is actually a proven-fact, further-scrutiny of my own has indicated that a lot of reincarnated personalities may simply be people who are spirit-possessed by the historic figure (basically, a spirit might believe in reincarnation into an earth-life, and end up inadvertently spirit-possessing someone for an entire life-time, thinking that they've reincarnated, when all they're doing is controlling a host whilst thinking it their own). I don't think that's accidental either as there are far too many synchronous-coincidences with how a lot of people simultaneously experience serial-synchronicity (plus the earth & this universe is not the only realm with life-forms as there are many life-forms that are "mentally linked" into this material-realm due to its properties of quantum-physics).

The layers-of-deception in this universe are certainly many but the ultimate truth that I have stated remains factual and immutable and applicable to every realm of existence: What we or our servants cause others to experience is what we will experience, and if not during the current life-time, then it will be experienced in the next or a future life-time.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 7:29 pm

Sorry you had to go through such experiences. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome back in 2004CE, but was not given any prescriptions, and fortunately I wasn't forced to be drugged (even though that could've easily happened).

Kate.com wrote:
Psychiatry had it wrong for me calling all the typical signs of aspergers only for bipolar--which I'm not entirely sure I have.

I've been miserable taking the meds. Just made me feel numb on the surface.

Listening to my best friend who bugged me for about a year to look into aspergers as she's known 2 other peeps with it, I thought okay.

Reading up, taking the tests. Comparing notes with family, especially my mom who also said my dad had the aspergers, I shake my head at what time I've wasted with faulty diagnoses.

A time did come later on in my life when the government was being its typical police-state (particularly in a corrupt city where I used to live or at least nearby & work nearby), with various incidents that eventually lead me to being associated with a social-worker who got me into the system, and it was determined that anti-psychotics was an appropriate prescription (but my "psyhosis" was NOT due to a "chemical brain-imbalance" ...rather... that had more to do with the extortionist government-system & extortionist tax-collectors known as police who find every excuse to ticket you despite perfect driving-records and no criminal-history whilst you're struggling to make money in order to get a roof over your head that isn't just your car during blizzard-conditions, yeah, put someone else through what I experienced and let's SEE if they don't turn psychotic & want to burn down & raze & destroy every court-house in America).

Let me tell you, from my experience with Zyprexa, and a couple of other anti-psychotics, they are really more like tranquilizers than they are mood-stabilisers, plus they DO cause DAMAGE to the body (particularly in the brain and in my case I had an additional bit of major damage done to my thyroid but fortunately I refused to stop taking ANY more of those drugs after the 7th or 8th consumption). WHY did I take them in the first instance ? Well, I am one of those "question everything" people, who believes in "field-testing when/where" before I "believe" the things I've read in a book, because I've read a number of books that have turned out to just be plain wrong when I put its information to the field-test. That and the fact that the psychiatrists pester you about whether you've "taken your meds ?" or not. The whole system is a hog-wash of indoctrination in order to dupe the public into believing that they require drugging.

A number of military personnel have spoken out against harmful effects of the drugs including a former Navy SEAL who's against the psychiatric-drugging of the military (and society at large for that matter). A LOT of evidence exists that psycho-actives are DANGEROUS, children trade Ritalin to each other in schools like it's some sort of street-drug, many children are being diagnosed & drugged which causes their lives to end pre-maturely, and I had a friend from a college/school I used to attend who quitted his Prozac cold-turkey and ended up committing suicide the very next day (hanging himself). Statistically, suicide-rates INCREASE in individuals who are under these drugs' influence, and a lot of down-playing of military suicide-rates blame it on the stresses of war, but the reality and fact of the matter was, that, and I quote...: "But the facts reveal that 85% of military suicides have not seen combat—and 52% never even deployed."

You seem like an interesting individual, but I have to ask, why did you go see a psychiatrist in the first place for a diagnosis ? Also, for the record, were I to be sent to see every psychiatrist on the planet, I guarantee you that only 50% of them would diagnose me with anything, but hey, the system is set up to where you can apparently get "free money" (although technically not really free since The Federal Reserve has the American-Government by its balls through its treacherous shadow-governments).

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 10:25 pm

Yes it is technically pseudo-science, but not because of the use of prescription drugs to treat mental conditions/illnesses. I am probably one of the first people to bring up the corruption within big pharma and how they attempt to use drugs as a cure all...as well as downplaying risks/side effects of drugs as well as the fact that everyone is going to react somewhat differently to any drug. However drugs have their uses, yes even in mental conditions...some people do find certain medications very helpful or even necessary to function to the best of their ability its not always people keeping taking it to avoid 'withdrawl' though sadly many people are in that position. I have had bad reactions to anti-depressants and other meds so I don't take those ones, but I find the valium I take helpful and one I've been taking hasn't caused any problems and sort of helps my appetite and getting to sleep. So I do not think drugs are evil or prescription drugs are all 'evil but I think they can be mis-used and people I think need to be more educated about what they are taking and drugs in general.

It is pseudo-science because it is not 'technical' you can't punch numbers into an equation or measure quantities of a given mental disorder. Also there is a lot of over-lap among symptoms of different disorders, not to mention sometimes physical health problems cause what appear to be symptoms of mental problems, or someone might have both. Having taken psychology classes in college I am also aware once one thing is 'figured' out it can just open up a bunch more confusion.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 5:33 pm

IMPORTANT: ...I need to do a paradigm-update after recently just learning about this TED talk...

Quoting comments made in response to the video of the TED Talk that I feel are of most relevance...

Caroline Lala wrote:
It would have been great if he had said how to fix this problem and what the basic process would be. It's obvious that each person's solution has to be tailored but other than just brain scans most likely via MRI or CT scans, I would like to know more about how they would go about this, especially if they have gained major grounds. This could help out society immensely. Cheers to advances in medicine.
Elisa K wrote:
Read The Mood Cure. It outlines the cure. Check out the reviews on Amazon and buy the cheap amino acids that rebuild the brain. Pharma doesn't want you to fix your brain because it is a major money maker for the industry. The Mood Cure - and the Amen Clinics - heal the brain.

I am going to be posting this to every one of my threads due to its methodologies being able to potentially turn psychiatry from the way it's currently practiced from a pseudo-science into an actual, real, genuine science !

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2015, 6:33 pm

Thanks for sharing the TED talk!

There's also some information about how acupuncture can actually light up the brain on CT scans. I'll see if I can find it. I wonder what this TED speaker's brain health program involves?

I love this quote; "Behavior is an expression of the problem. It's not the problem." YES!

Alas, using this information is not common. A lot of the therapies based on brain-health are turning up with midling results in studies. But maybe as we fine tune how we use it? It's really very new technology. Also, we need to make sure that we don't cause more damage than good when we use all these fancy tools. I don't like the dose of radiation that these scans involve.

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2015, 6:47 pm

And the other side, if you're like me and you like to understand the various views on any one matter:
http://neurocritic.blogspot.com/2012/08 ... -scan.html

Seems that these scans cost thousands of dollars and the results are a pretty standard regimine of exercise, suppliments and the occasional exotic treatments, like hyperbolic chambers and biofeedback.

A little disapointing from this point of view.

I do recommend trying biofeedback if you ever get a chance. Its cool to understand that we do have a certain amount of control over what goes on up there.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 11:45 pm

I know someone who is bipolar and acts real crazy when off medicine.
Most people probably are being drugged unnecessarily though.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 12:28 am

What makes it so expensive ? Expensive to whom..? Expensive for the pharmaceutical-companies or expensive because they have to pay a radiologist (my dad was once before he passed away) to read and interpret the X-rays ?

tagnacious wrote:
And the other side, if you're like me and you like to understand the various views on any one matter:
http://neurocritic.blogspot.com/2012/08 ... -scan.html

Seems that these scans cost thousands of dollars and the results are a pretty standard regimine of exercise, suppliments and the occasional exotic treatments, like hyperbolic chambers and biofeedback.

A little disapointing from this point of view.

I do recommend trying biofeedback if you ever get a chance. Its cool to understand that we do have a certain amount of control over what goes on up there.

Much as there have been a lot of cricitisms to posts that I have made, when I re-compare and re-review all of the information, I ultimately am forced to reject the "materialist/skeptic" views due to over-whelming evidence and the personal-experiences of multitudes who've had better results with "alternative" rather than "main-stream" treatments.

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

The cost, just for the initial evaluation at an Amen clinic is between 3 and 4 thousand dollars. Then you have to pay for the actual treatment. Its mostly not covered by insurance because there have not been any scientific studies to show that these treatments are as effective as regular psyciatric treatments. All we have is a bunch of stories, the same thing any snake-oil salesman will give you.

The reason? I can't say for sure. For one thing, this guy is spending TONS on advertizing and media control. For another, all that fancy equipment costs money. He has employees and they all need to be payed. Dr. Amen from that TED talk is a multi-millionare. Having made his money as a doctor, you can be sure that a percent of every treatment at any of the Amen Centers is helping him maintain his giant estate in Hawaii.

My opinion on the matter right now is that we can see the potential of this technology, but we really aren't at the point were we can use it effectively. I think it would be much more gentle to the patient, less expensive, and involve less excess radiation to simply try some of the alternative methods without the fancy-assed scans. Like I say to my acupuncture patients: Try this first. If it doesn't work, there will still be conventional medicine. Its not going to go away.

Even Dr. Amen admits that the scans are mostly useful to ensure patient compliance. Since they can see the damage, and have committed large sums of cash to get those results, they are more likely to follow his suggestions.

Here's the thing: you can follow those suggestions without the fancy scan "ritual." You can just try some of the suppliments, get more water, exercise regularly, etc...

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2015, 9:33 am

We do have solid scientific evidence that adult brains continue to change and can heal themselves to a certain extent. The methods used for this are all the old standards; water, good food, exercise, social connections, mental-spiritual health (meditation, religious beliefs, CBT, positive thinking, etc...)

There is lesser evidence that some suppliments and herbs may cause a real change in your brain. I use several herbs to great benefit. Mindfulness is an important part of my daily life and I think that helps.

All of this is not to say that all medications are bad or that no-one should access western medicine. Each thing in its own place and time. When you are so sick that doing these life-style things are not in reach, that is the right time for pharmaceuticals.