Passing on hashimotos disease, ADHD, Etc. to kids?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

FunsizedK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Apr 2015, 11:40 pm

Hey, I was thinking if I had kids in the future what would the chances of passing on either of these? No one on either side of my family has adhd (no one is definitely) except hashimotos disease on (genetic on dads) family. I was born premature so that's why I'm asking just curious if anyone has experience... I'm a lesbian by the way. I'm just thinking about future possibilities... :roll:

[email protected]
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Dec 2018, 8:45 am

The hashimotos disease is related to both genetic heredity and acquired habits. So, if you'd like to figure out the chances, you'd better visit an expert in that field. In recent years, antibodies have become a trending approach for disease diagnosis and treatment. Perhaps you can pay more attention to the recent development in that field. Since mice and humans have a lot in common, you can focus on the humanized mice antibody.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 10:13 am

https://www.nsgc.org/page/find-a-genetic-counselor

If you have a good insurance policy I'd expect the bean counters to consider paying for such counseling a good investment as a wise decision can avoid costly insurance payments for relatively little invested. Check with your insurance company to see what they cover.